Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 17:04   #646
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 258
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
i know there's more chinese people out there than us Indians..any chance of finding one of those folks to translate this page? Mr. Bareilly..how did you manage?
You can use Google Translate for this.
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 20:04   #647
BHPian
 
coolbareilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 182
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
i know there's more chinese people out there than us Indians..any chance of finding one of those folks to translate this page? Mr. Bareilly..how did you manage?
Hey Speeding@160mph not very hard. "picture picture on the net, tell me the features of the all"
coolbareilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 23:02   #648
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 835
Thanked: 710 Times
Default

I am wondering why the general subject of discussion in this thread is about interiors, exteriors, features etc.

Why isn't anyone raving about the engine? I have not taken a test drive, but, why don't I see any owner say - 'I care a damn about the interiors - The car is such a hoot to drive'?

Is the ANHC not a fun car to drive? I have seen so many people in the forum rave about OHC, Palio etc, when they don't have such a great interiors to talk about. A discussion on Palio 1.6 still creates such an excitement in the forum (esp when one of the guys announces that he has bought a 1.6)

I truly don't see a driver's delight in ANHC - I'll be glad to be proven otherwise. Otherwise, I am sure this thread will be full of 'oohs' and 'aahs' of ANHC and not about its drab interiors.
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 23:18   #649
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Is the ANHC not a fun car to drive? I have seen so many people in the forum rave about OHC, Palio etc, when they don't have such a great interiors to talk about. A discussion on Palio 1.6 still creates such an excitement in the forum (esp when one of the guys announces that he has bought a 1.6) .
I'd say that though its a great car to drive - its got 2 things going against it:

1) The old vtec was a much better, fun to drive car.
2) People expect better and more for a car when you pay close to 10 lakhs!

I would not be surprised if Honda introduces another version with more "options" - that should please more of us.
Zensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 09:58   #650
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I am wondering why the general subject of discussion in this thread is about interiors, exteriors, features etc.

Why isn't anyone raving about the engine? I have not taken a test drive, but, why don't I see any owner say - 'I care a damn about the interiors - The car is such a hoot to drive'?

Is the ANHC not a fun car to drive? I have seen so many people in the forum rave about OHC, Palio etc, when they don't have such a great interiors to talk about. A discussion on Palio 1.6 still creates such an excitement in the forum (esp when one of the guys announces that he has bought a 1.6)

I truly don't see a driver's delight in ANHC - I'll be glad to be proven otherwise. Otherwise, I am sure this thread will be full of 'oohs' and 'aahs' of ANHC and not about its drab interiors.

Well i have driven the ANHC. After reading the specs i did expect it to be a hoot to drive. Its quite powerful but i dont think its better than OHC VTEC . I think many members itself would agree with that. Maybe Honda wanted to keep both sets of people happy 1. who want power 2. who are mileage conscious. Apart from VFM its still unbeatable.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 12:23   #651
BHPian
 
coolbareilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 182
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensi View Post
I'd say that though its a great car to drive - its got 2 things going against it:

1) The old vtec was a much better, fun to drive car.
2) People expect better and more for a car when you pay close to 10 lakhs!

I would not be surprised if Honda introduces another version with more "options" - that should please more of us.
Exactly Zensi. I can still bet City is fun to drive car but not as great as Palio 1.6GTX. We (most of the T-Bhpian) have never complained a lot on Palio's interior as it is just for 5.5L. But we Indians are paying 10.3L for City and still we are not getting the decent package.
coolbareilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 15:27   #652
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

LOL! yep...google did come up with features AND pics. There is a malaysian web-site which has pics of the ACC + leather seats. Why couldn't we get that here? or are these geniuses just waiting for the Linea launch and then try and go 1 better on Fiat?


Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Hey Speeding@160mph not very hard. "picture picture on the net, tell me the features of the all"
Speeding@160mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 23:06   #653
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Exactly Zensi. I can still bet City is fun to drive car but not as great as Palio 1.6GTX. We (most of the T-Bhpian) have never complained a lot on Palio's interior as it is just for 5.5L. But we Indians are paying 10.3L for City and still we are not getting the decent package.
@ Coolbareilly - agree with you. however looking at Honda's track record - there are good chances they'll come out with a costlier version with slight visual mos and better interiors in about 20 months or so.
Zensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 18:28   #654
nbr
BHPian
 
nbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MANGALORE/BALEHONNUR/DUBAI
Posts: 438
Thanked: 47 Times
Thumbs up Dubais Honda city

In Dubai , the new Honda city was just launched.it looks different then the one availble in India. I prefer the Indian version .
Attached Images
  
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 18:32   #655
BHPian
 
isldhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 201
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Alright!! So they got the fog lamps. And I prefer their grill.
isldhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 19:21   #656
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

it's nothing but the Indian ANHC with all the accessories.The same car was showcased at the Sydney motor show few months back as a 'concept'!
I'm highly doubtful of the Honda City achieving good sales in Dubai, a city known for only luxury cars and supercars.May be taxi owners might upgrade to a City!

Last edited by theragingbull : 26th February 2009 at 19:23.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 20:33   #657
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
In Dubai , the new Honda city was just launched.it looks different then the one availble in India. I prefer the Indian version .

Can you post the interior pics pls.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 22:03   #658
nbr
BHPian
 
nbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MANGALORE/BALEHONNUR/DUBAI
Posts: 438
Thanked: 47 Times
Arrow thats right

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
it's nothing but the Indian ANHC with all the accessories.The same car was showcased at the Sydney motor show few months back as a 'concept'!
I'm highly doubtful of the Honda City achieving good sales in Dubai, a city known for only luxury cars and supercars.May be taxi owners might upgrade to a City!

its true, Honda city doesnot sell much over here. Even if you see anybody driving a city would be a indian or philiphino. Civic sells more then city & Jazz put together.
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 22:10   #659
nbr
BHPian
 
nbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MANGALORE/BALEHONNUR/DUBAI
Posts: 438
Thanked: 47 Times
Arrow Dubais city

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Can you post the interior pics pls.
The Dubai city looks like they used the civic grill on the city to cut costs!!! Here's the interiors
Attached Images
  
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 22:22   #660
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

That grill is the optional extra available here. Not the Civic one. The Civic will get a similar shape for the 2009 version though. Honda is going for a unified front grill look like their other brand Acura's power plenum concept.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows XP SP3 Rc version released. EDIT : Full Version now released. JPL Gadgets, Computers & Software 40 27th January 2012 17:02
Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18 FlyingSpur The Indian Car Scene 526 12th October 2010 00:51
New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July! sidindica The Indian Car Scene 374 28th June 2010 17:34
Facelifted Honda city launched -Possible changes for Indian version rahul_intlad The International Automotive Scene 23 14th August 2008 13:49
Maruti Suzuki to unveil new version of SUV (New Vitara) EDIT: Now Launched rangaraj The Indian Car Scene 239 15th July 2007 00:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks