Team-BHP - Now this from Hyundai!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Now this from Hyundai! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4640-now-hyundai.html)

Read today an advertisement in the Hindu by Hyundai. :mad:

"
NOTICE
According to the Automotive research association of India certificate, Hyundai Santro has a seating capacity of 5 persons including the driver. Some of our well known competitors however, are allowed to carry only 4 persons including the driver. Naturally, carrying more in them would be a violation of the law.
Issued in public interest"

Now Hyundai is obviously reffering to the WagonR and Zen.

So next time i seat 5 people in my WagonR, the police is going to catch me and put me to jail.

Oh man.. i have committed this illegal offence atleast hundered times in my maruti.

God save me.
sorry:

Cool!!

If this "Automotive research association of India certificate" exists and if the certificate is genuine and if it has Government sanction and if police is asked to enforce the seating restrictions, there will be some very rich policemen and hyundai officials and lots of poor maruti officials.

ofcourse there will be quite a few wagonR, zen on sale in used markets and probably lots of lawsuits against Maruti for advertising that these cars seat 5.

[Before you threadcrap - read the ifs again.]

This is only for WagonR, not for Zen. The seating capacity in your RTO booklet will read 4 ppl for Wagon R.

This is mentioned by all Hyundai dealers when you ask them to compare the 2 cars.

ha! What about all the truckloads of poor farmers commuting from village to town? What about numerous poor schoolchildren stuffed into autorickshaws?
First answer that issue, then come to this, is what I have to say to the govt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
ha! What about all the truckloads of poor farmers commuting from village to town? What about numerous poor schoolchildren stuffed into autorickshaws?
First answer that issue, then come to this, is what I have to say to the govt.

+

you said it islero...

in any case, the advt was there in the times of india today - so that's sure a scare for it's competitor - the wagon r. well, if gotta compete, then bring out all the stops, i say.

i am sure many wagon r owners may not even be aware ofthis fact. this will come as a rude shock to them.

I think WagonR users would be aware. Backseat of Wagaon R/Alto has only 2 seat belts and its clearly mentioned on RTObook/Maruti site and brochers...

by the way, if my knowledge is correct two wheelers in India are supposed to carry two people lol:

i think hyundai are just going overboard !
but this might just make a slight difference in sales , as a lot of people go by these stupid rules , so by bringing this to light thay are trying to increase the slaes by every unit they can .

manson .

Its a regular of Hyundai to come up with wierd ways of advertsing. I really ignore the ads cause I dind them worthless and a waste to read

Dippy

I don't see anything wrong in it. 5 including the drivers is ok i guess. Usually cars manufacturers mark their cars as 4+1 which is again 5.

5 excluding the driver would have been a bit too much.

Shan2nu

Hyundai does have a point if their own cars are legally certified to carry 5 people (including the driver, obviously). If their competitors arent or didnt care enough...well

GTO

BTW how many seat belts does the Santro have. If it's 4 then they're in for it. Careless marketing.

Shan2nu

Its like HYundai cared to get the certificate whereas Maruti didnt !!!
And when u get it Flaunt it !!

I think Hyundai is trying to pass information and do some marketing. Its a pure case of highlighting a plus point in the car.
Im sure many will be aware about this, atleast for me, about the Wagon R fact.

I dont understand one thing why Hyundai is always criticised first then after clearing it people understand.

I think few Hyundai owners love to show that they hate Hyundai.

Today when driving to work, I noticed a Santro Xing with all Toyota logos in place of Hyundai logos and Toyota label where Hyundai used to be.

He was intelligent enough to not name it Land Cruiser or Camry. There was no model name.

Well we can't cry foul. Its just marketing gimmicks. Those guys did think enough to come up with some thing like this.

Good out of the box lateral thinking. But excuse me Mr. Hyundai Marketting head we would love it if you could put it to better use! It seems so SILLY when they try to do something like this. More like kindergarden kids!