Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th May 2009, 15:50   #106
BHPian

Thumbs down

Please checkout the prices of the new Cedia - Cedia Sports used to be 10.65 OTR in Bangalore.

When I checked out the "new" (facelifted) cedia sports in Chennai, it was 11.5L OTR - Add almost Rs 1L to get the Bangalore OTR. I guess it should be 12.5L OTR Bangalore. There are much better options at this price.

I am a big Mitsu fan (my bro in law has both Outlander and Pajero) and I was personally planning to take the Cedia a year ago. But, after the price rise, I am not sure even if I'd recommend it to some one.

Sure, it has got OZ alloys and MoMo steering - But I really dont see the point buying a 9th gen Lancer at this price.

With Evo X launching in a month or two, and the Lancer based on Evo X launching end 09 or early 2010, it may not be a great buy. Knowing HM, they'll still line up Cedia for sale along with the new lancer. I am not sure how will they price the new lancer though. (Heard Evo X will be approx 35L)

But, as Karthik pointed out this has been discussed in detail in some older threads. Sid even posted a internal company presentation days before it was launched (Sid, please give us a scoop on Punto!)
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 22:44   #107
Senior - BHPian

the price was increased for the extra features such as climate control, better audio system with bluetooth,DVD and Touchscreen and momo steering wheels and OZ alloys and drilled aluminium pedals.

If Honda can charge exorbitantly, Why cant Mitsubishi sell at that price?
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 23:04   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Sid even posted a internal company presentation days before it was launched (Sid, please give us a scoop on Punto!)
it was not me, but someone else who started the aforementioned 2 threads.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 10:02   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
the price was increased for the extra features such as climate control, better audio system with bluetooth,DVD and Touchscreen and momo steering wheels and OZ alloys and drilled aluminium pedals.

If Honda can charge exorbitantly, Why cant Mitsubishi sell at that price?
Devarshi: I am not telling Mitsu cannot charge that much - I am only saying that there will be no takers. I felt Cedia started selling in some numbers at older price, and then they came up with this price rise. I doubt if it sells now.

They could have kept the same price and given the expensive OZ alloys and momo steering as optional.

Mitsu Cedia will definitely not have takers at 12.5L OTR which is close to Toyota Altis / Civic range.

I am actually a HUGE mitsu fan, and would only be glad to see it sell.

@Sid - Thanks for pointing it out - In my subconscious I ascribe all scoops in TBHP to you
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 10:13   #110
Senior - BHPian

12 Lakhs for a cedia is way too high.HM is taking things for granted here considering the number of mitsu fans in india.It was pretty well priced if it was hovering arround 9 lakh though still on a higher side.well Evo X can be a dream machine ,it seems HM wants the cedia too to be one.lolz.Cedia already has a bumpy ride considering the sales figures,Now i feel they have put up a concrete wall in front of it which is hard to break.Will it sell guys

ram

ram

Last edited by ram_hyundai : 6th May 2009 at 10:14.
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 16:09   #111
Senior - BHPian

the guy at Asia Motors, New Delhi told me that they are selling around 10-12 cedias in a month and thats what their target is. Mitsubishi wants to sell only 300 cars in a month and thats what they are satisfied with.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 19:07   #112
BHPian

HM Mitsubishi loves committing suicide is all I can say. I got a discounted Cedia for a friend a little over year ago at 8.3 Lac ex showroom so do you think I would pay 10.3 lac for exactly same spec with only music system different? Climate control was always part of the package.
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 23:07   #113
Senior - BHPian

I feel that inspite of a fan following for mitsu,HM was not able to tap it to the fullest in india.It would have been in the league of honda and toyota as far as india is concerned.Lost a lot of ground to the competetion already for sure.I hope they dont loose more time now this time.One manufacturer who had to be praised is hyundai who inspite of a very low brand image across the globe is doing well in india purely because of commitment and attitude.Try thier way HM else its again history repeating.

ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 17:32   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
I feel that inspite of a fan following for mitsu,HM was not able to tap it to the fullest in india.It would have been in the league of honda and toyota as far as india is concerned.Lost a lot of ground to the competetion already for sure.I hope they dont loose more time now this time.One manufacturer who had to be praised is hyundai who inspite of a very low brand image across the globe is doing well in india purely because of commitment and attitude.Try thier way HM else its again history repeating.
ram
Another thing is that HM has always launched older products in India rather than bringing in their latest. Their A.S.S. was also an issue, at least till the time I had a Lancer. HM's product life-cycle in India is also longer resulting in slow sales towards the end of the product life-cycle. They should learn from Honda here. Honda discontinues their older generation high selling models to bring in the newer ones (a great example for this is the Honda City).
neeld is offline   Reply With Quote