Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd November 2015, 12:58   #46
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Maruti Extended Warranty : Worth it ?

I don't think if the wheel bearings would be covered under warranty unless they gave up at an very early stage like 10-15k kms.

In fact, for my Ertiga, the Brake calipers would not be covered under warranty for the caliper pin noise that its making and I learnt this yesterday during my 70K service. For now, typical greasing has plugged the noise that may surface after a few thousand kms but I can live with it.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:06   #47
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I may be wrong but I guess nobody gives warranty for wheel bearings, even for a new car.

That is not true, few months ago, I replaced the wheel bearing of my Sx4 (Co-Driver) side under EW, now its the Driver side which has gone Kaput

Wheel bearings are 100% covered in std. warranty of the car. EW may vary OEM to OEM
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:33   #48

Came across this thread today itself. My answer is an emphatic YES. The Maruti vehicles of yesteryears were very well made and nearly absolute niggle free. One cannot say the same now. We had a 1987 M800 for nearly 20 years and just once the shock absorbers and suspension was overhauled. It was maintained properly with regular and timely visit to service center. After that we had an Alto for about 3 years and it used to suffer from caliper pin noise every 3-4 months. The Ritz is a well made car and doesn't give much trouble. My 2012 Wagon R has had multiple issues. The steering assembly has been replaced few months back, both front arms have been replaced twice and now there is something wrong with RHS front shock absorber. All major replacements in Wagon R have been carried out under extended warranty. Had I not got EW, I would have thought of getting rid of this car.

My personal opinion is that new Maruti vehicles are not as well made as earlier ones and I'm not saying that there is some fault at assembly line. But I guess its due to poor components now. Therefore I feel that its better to take a 2 year Extended Warranty.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:55   #49

i would say YES. I have benefited twice because of that during the extended warranty period.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote