Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 31st October 2014, 16:11   #211
Default Re: Driving "Typos"

Yup. You are correct

Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
I know this is ancient, but I couldn't resist !

Technically, they are right. As long as they are not the ones driving, they did, infact, go for a ride in the car.

You take a ride in the bus or train. You don't drive or pilot em.

Oh and for my typo, I've been riding bike since I was 18 and sometime when I'm walking on the street and hear a honk or engine noise from behind, I instinctively look at where my mirrors would usually be!
deadguy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 16:54   #212
Default Re: Driving "Typos"

Ok, here are some incidents that have happened or keeps happening:

1. My uncle and aunt once travelled 75 kms on their M800 with the handbrake on! Arriving at the destination (our house), there was a burning smell, with the plastic hubcaps warped!

2. I remember my dad going for the wiper stalks on the M800 to change gear, since he was accustomed to the column shift of the padmini.

3. When the next upgrade came (a santro) it was the power assisted brakes that casued havoc - initial days were filled with sudden inadvertent stops - nobody tailgated us thankfully during that time.

4. Then another change - the polo with the inverted stalk positions. So me and my dad always switched on the wiper! We would get the car out on the driveway and put the wipers on! This is a never ending thing, as I would drive my friend's Amaze and having gotten used to the polo, would do the same thing all over again.

5. I would often press the engine start button on my friends bike while searching for the horn.

Last edited by wantarangerover : 31st October 2014 at 16:56.
wantarangerover is offline   Reply With Quote