Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th December 2008, 11:50   #121
@ri
BHPian

there is more.. I know of someone who took his car to MG Road, parked it and came back in bus! and to top it all off... got a fantastic earful from his wife!
@ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 14:46   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

I love that one! I don't think I actually did it, but it just my sort of 'typo'
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 14:49   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
you lock the car from inside, and when you stop and park your car, you try to come out without unlocking the car
This has happened to me lotta times. I am sure lot of us would've gone through this!
deadguy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 18:09   #124
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
there is more.. I know of someone who took his car to MG Road, parked it and came back in bus! and to top it all off... got a fantastic earful from his wife!
I did that once, almost a decade ago. Was just learning to ride then.

Had to buy a bulb way back from an vegetable shopping errand on the Bajaj Sunny. The electrician's shop was close to home (normally walked) so I just got off (didn't lock it) and bought the bulb and walked home.

Next morning the bike was missing from inside our locked home gate. We were actually looking for traces if it was lifted above it. Dad went and lodged a police complaint. I had totally forgotten.

Later a security guard at the building behind the electrical shop called us in and showed us the Sunny. He had seen it standing at night and thought of bringing it in for safety!

After that the police wouldn't take back the complaint for free

My boss was narrating another incident a few days back.

She was heading back to her car in the multilevel car park and had to take the lift to get to the floor on which the car was parked. She stood in front of the lift and repeatedly was pressing the unlock button on her remote to open the lift door.

And it just wouldn't open!
Glifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 12:30   #125
BHPian

One more very funny incident, now a days most of us are working in an IT company or MNC where you are provided with Access card, so every time you head to office you punch in your card at the office reception door to get in

Guess what, the other day in a parking i did not unlock the car i tried opening the door, it didnt open obviously so i pulled my access card tried to show it some place on drive side door then i realized how funny i was
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 13:43   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Access card? Used to be a major credit card in the UK; sounds like you have to pay to get into your office!
Old 11th December 2008, 15:01   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Access card? Used to be a major credit card in the UK; sounds like you have to pay to get into your office!

not really, i get into my office so that i get paid he he he
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 21:04   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

In this economic climate? Maybe you'd better be ready with that Access card!
Old 12th December 2008, 11:35   #129
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
She was heading back to her car in the multilevel car park and had to take the lift to get to the floor on which the car was parked. She stood in front of the lift and repeatedly was pressing the unlock button on her remote to open the lift door.

And it just wouldn't open!
Haha.. this one is really hilarious. But is it a Driving Typo .. or rather let us call it an elevator typo
@ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 22:55   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Guess what, the other day in a parking i did not unlock the car i tried opening the door, it didnt open obviously so i pulled my access card tried to show it some place on drive side door then i realized how funny i was
Reminds me of the time when I tried to open our house's front door with the car's remote! IT took me a minute to realise what i was doing
hsejars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 23:22   #131
BHPian

This happened many years ago when I was still in school and my dad used to drive me around (maybe in 2000)

My dad used a steering-clutch rod/lock in his santro. Although it's supposed lock the clutch it fits easily if you use it with the brake pedal. So my dad generally used it with the brake.

Our car was parked on a slope and my dad sat down to drive as usual and started reversing. Half way down the slope onto the road he tried to press the brake but the pedal wouldn't budge. He had forgotten to remove the steering lock so the brake pedal was locked. I was sitting on the front passenger seat and it took me a few seconds to realize what had happened. I pulled the hand brake and we were ok. But it was a little scary.

Another typo that happens to me all the time is that I open my fiestas boot and assume that the doors are also unlocked and I inadvertently try to open the front door a couple of times before realizing that its still locked.
zuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 23:25   #132
BHPian

Couple of times after long periods of driving in 5th gear on highways, I forgot that I need to press the clutch before changing gears

Amit.
king_julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 11:25   #133

Interesting one happened with me few days back. I was waiting at a traffic light in Bangalore (one of those long ones where the timer starts from 120 seconds ) in my Swift. My window was half-down.

This lady came over to sell some balloons. With my 3 year old son getting all interested from the back seat, I agree to buy some. So this lady thrusts a bunch through my half open window.

Now, as i start taking my wallet out and start looking for right change, I notice from the corner of my eyes that the signal turns green. So time pressure (created out of loud honking from the Sumo behind me), and resultant loss of rational thinking. Instead of rolling the window down, I power them up. Guess what, multiple balloons burst at the same time creating enough noise to match the screams of the lady (she is suddenly left with some burst rubber in her hand instead of nice bouquet that she was holding). Ofcourse i paid (and actually bought one more)! Was worth every penny for the huge laughter my wifey and kiddo had looking at me and the lady. Even the old lady and myself found the humour eventually after the initial shock reaction / embarassment .
soumikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 21:23   #134
BHPian

This was hillarious, in Delhi most of the red lights at T points have divider, so if you are coming from the left of the T you don't have to stop at the red light ( I mean if it's RED ) rather you can go straight from the left hand side. Now this one funny driver was right infront of me in his Accent when we approached a T crossing from one of the sides, the light was green( for right turn as well ) he was in the extreme right lane, from there he went left all the way toward the the left of the divider to croos the intersection. I just couldn't stop laughing for the next 5 minutes.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th February 2009 at 21:38. Reason: font tags
Dieseled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 21:49   #135
Senior - BHPian

After Driving the CR-V with the 6 speed MT. I was driving my Laal pari today and at abour 100 on the Gurgaon expressway was in 5th gear and pressed the clutch soon to realise that this beast has only 5
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote