Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd October 2008, 00:13   #16
SLK
Senior - BHPian

o o I had a calculator! Gotcha!

This is not a simple average. They are considering the market shares of companies which is not fair! Basically they are saying that Maruti has the most consumers therefore all the others are below average
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 00:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Even i am shocked with that ishan
Even Honda is below Skoda.

Wonder how much does Skoda pay to the JD power survey guys for a better place in the chart.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 01:01   #18
BHPian

I have had no experiences with Skoda, Mahindra and Honda but I have had the opportunity of dealing with Toyota on the few occassions I had to take care of dad's Innova. While the initial service experience was good, over the last 12 - 15 months there hasn't been a single service that was completely satisfactory. The car invariably went back to the garage for a repeat job. Let's not even talk about washing standards and customer relations.

To that extent I am not entirely surprised that Toyota is where it is. They may build solid cars with unbreakable engines that run many a mile with no complaint or bother, but should you need to go to that service station, be prepared for the opposite of everything that the car gives you.
kartikkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 06:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
o o I had a calculator! Gotcha!

This is not a simple average. They are considering the market shares of companies which is not fair! Basically they are saying that Maruti has the most consumers therefore all the others are below average
Yes – the industry average is not average of all companies, but the average of all survey respondents. So with a high number of Maruti vehicles, it is even more difficult for Maruti to stay on top because all Maruti owners have to consistently say good about Maruti. Look at the lead they have over No.2. So it is double kudos to Maruti.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:35   #20
BHPian

I feel the HM-Mitsubishi is changing in India. They seem to be more customer focused and better listeners than earlier.

I did my second service for my cedia here in Southern Motors. I was really apprehensive about going there after reading all the bad reviews about them. But then I had no choice

So far I did 3 visits to them for three different reasons and every time my work was done promptly. First visit was for a seat belt change, which I got it done in for free and took 30min. Next was for a head lamp upgrade, which took only 15min and 60 rupees. Third visit for my 10000KM service.
I had few minor scratches on my car. In fact I did not want them removed now as I was sure more will be waiting for me. How ever I shown that to the service manager and he marked that in the job card. My intention was only to make sure that I am not getting anything new from them. I had not other issues to raise, so it was a usual second service. He told me the car will be ready at 4:30. But I get a call at 2PM saying my car is ready and I can pick up right away.
I quickly went there and was surprised to see that they had done a touch up on all the scratches and also one is removed with scratch remover. All that was done for free.
The car was neat and clean. Service guy explained me what all was done and also shown me that all liquids/oil tops up are done.
I was satisfied (and surprised) with the service and the next day itself I get a call from them to take feedback on service done.

I am sure this year there may be more satisfied customers and that contributes to their second position.
sj_koova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Where's FIAT? Along with TATA?
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:53   #22
BHPian

Did they print the list in the reverse order :-)
Somethings not right with the survey.
Heres an extract from the link posed.
The 2008 India Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) study is based on responses from more than 5,594 owners of nearly 41 different vehicle models. The study was fielded from May to August 2008 and includes customers who serviced their vehicles at authorized service facilities between November 2006 and August 2007.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
The study was fielded from May to August 2008 and includes customers who serviced their vehicles at authorized service facilities between November 2006 and August 2007.
The cars weren't serviced or purchased in 2008? Does it mean that its an old data?
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:25   #24
BHPian

Hate to say it but the JD Power awards have always been up for sale. Used to have JK Tyres as a client and they told me that were approached by the JD Power guys for 'buying' the award.

I personally do not give too much importance to these awards.
kewlferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:37   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Even Honda is below Skoda.
If they've been smashing customers' car like they did with Dippy's this result won't come as a surprise.
Mitsubishi - Had gone with a buddy to Metro Motors (Hughes Road) to get some work done. It was a pretty fine experience. We had no appointment, but, they took the car in immediately, listened to my friend, who told them his problems and prepared the job card. They started working on the car a little later. This was because there were others who had come with appointments. These customers' cars were given priority. That's understandable.
Once they started work on the car, they didn't stop till it was completed. From my talks with them, the service engineers seemed to know what they were doing. The car was given back to us at the promised time. We took a trial and everything seemed to be in order. The car didn't need to be taken back to the workshop.
The experience was just as good (if not better) as I've had with Maruti.
I feel, Mitsubishi has to increase the number of dealerships and service centres and get a little aggressive about their marketing strategy.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

I find a lot of improvement in HM's attitude..esp with the Outlander being launched.
My 1000kms check for my Cedia went as smooth as a sail and they attended to all my complaints very well (You thought there shouldnt be complaints for a 1000km run car !!!!).
In Hyderabad,HM has severed ties with Sureka and there is only one Dealer - Raima Motors.Hope fully he wont take advantage of the Monopoly.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 17:44   #27
BHPian

Default The latest JD Power Customer Satisfaction Index

Economic Times has the latest release of the Customer Satisfaction Index.

12th JD Power CSI rankings are out!- Auto-Specials-The Economic Times

Some interesting highlights:

1. Maruti is the only car maker above industry average!

2. "......perceptions of the fairness and honesty of the dealer, such as greeting customers quickly upon arrival and fully explaining charges and repairs. These steps, however trivial they may seem go a long way in ensuring that the customer leaves delighted with the experience. "

3. Operational costs for Petrol vehicles have gone up vs Diesel

Cheers,
diffsoft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 17:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

This is BS, especially in our country
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 18:28   #29
BHPian

Judging by the CS satisfaction with Skoda on TBHP, how in the world has it come above Honda and Toyota.

I think this survey is made up by selling the places to the highest bidder!
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 19:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Judging by the CS satisfaction with Skoda on TBHP, how in the world has it come above Honda and Toyota.

I think this survey is made up by selling the places to the highest bidder!
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
This is BS, especially in our country
Having worked in the market research and consulting industry for 4 years, I know to some extend how these surveys are created and the BS that goes into them.

Having said that, JD Power index seems to the most authoritative results on the performance of automotive industry. It has high acceptance in India.

To answer Brabus, TBHP is not an universe of car users in India. Tbhp members are people with certain demographic characteristics. A survey of Tbhp members will give a very biased result. Hence these companies use diverse sampling techniques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
Hate to say it but the JD Power awards have always been up for sale. Used to have JK Tyres as a client and they told me that were approached by the JD Power guys for 'buying' the award.

I personally do not give too much importance to these awards.
There is nothing wrong in this. This is how the market works. I give you an award for being the best performer, blah blah. But if you need to publicise the award, advertise etc you need to pay up...

Last edited by mail4ajo : 31st October 2008 at 19:05.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote