Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 31st October 2008, 19:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi deserves that place rightfully. I know 9 out of 10 seniors here expect me to say that.

Ahmedabad has the one and only Gujarat dealer named Autonova mitsubishi. Their service department got awarded the last time my car got serviced. The people there are courteous. They offer the clients soft drinks. They offer them to sit in a/c showroom chambers when they have to wait. Also they are good at replacing parts. Plus they promptly remind customers when service is due. best of all they usually dont charge for repeat service.

Jokes apart, my car felt more like my 8 year old wagonR after getting my car serviced by them. I had a bill of close to 87 grands in one year for replacing the spares. My broken bumper was repaired and repainted only to have the paint peel off in 6 months. Yes, they never charged for a repeat job but the repeat job always came with a new expense. The bumper had impacted the sealant in the boot area costing Rs. 2300. People there know nothin about their job.

They serviced my a/c and my heating cooil went kaput.
They serviced my brakes and my disc generated problems.
They adjusted my lights and the bulbs needed to be replaced.

I grew suspisious once when my Disc brakes started making noise. On market check I came to know, the bloody people had replaced it by another old spare charged at more than the market price. Autonova people had billed me 14 grands while the other garage did the job satisfactorily for 5 grands.

During the time my heating coil developed problems, I also got in touch with the mitsubishi official who said it's normal. I contacted the owner of the dealership. Next day the service manager calls me to ask me why I complained to the owner and that it will only detoriorate my relations with them. I finally pulled the plug.

I now get my car serviced by an after market garage who knows how to service cars. They are also authorized dealers for K&N, pipercross, Koni and Yokohama. On top of it, they are an independant Hyundai authorized service point. I am satisfied with neighbourhood motors.

with car owners like me not in the picture its pretty obvious that Mitsubishi will gain in ranks.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 19:51   #32
BHPian

@mail4ajo: Thanks man atleast now I know that I was always right in thinking that these JD things are sold to the highest bidder!

Wonder how this ratings chart would look if we had an exclusive survey on TBHP? Can't say how biased it would be but it has got me thinking now!!
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 21:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
@mail4ajo: Thanks man atleast now I know that I was always right in thinking that these JD things are sold to the highest bidder!

Wonder how this ratings chart would look if we had an exclusive survey on TBHP? Can't say how biased it would be but it has got me thinking now!!
I do not think that HM is marketing savvy enough to bid for a thing like this (let alone emerge as highest bidder) – Note that Mitsubishi is only second on the list. Top Maruti has a high lead and everyone is else is more or less in same range.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 02:42   #34
BHPian

Well I am not surprised with these results. I own Cedia and its been a pleasure as far as A.S.S is concerned. I have written in some other threads as well about my great experience with Mitsubishi.

May be and just may be, Mitsubishi is on its recovery path in India.
Chat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 00:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

I dont think that these are surveys that collect data from a large base. They just refer to a few cities mainly the mega cities and put up display.
For example, A'bad is involved, but in Gujarat the highest no. of cars per specific population is Vadodara.

In general, Maruti is rated good, Toyota is also rated good. Where as Honda, Skoda are not rated good. IMO, they should take feedback from places where lets say, a pre-specific decided units of cars sell. Yes it will be more cumbersome for them, but will give a better idea about how the dealers treat customer all over India.

Mitubishi is surprising and again started to gain back the status it had in the G1HC days.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 15:53   #36
BHPian

But I heard that Maruti Suzuki tops the J.D. Power ranking from the past nine years in line.
nanopano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 16:05   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanopano View Post
But I heard that Maruti Suzuki tops the J.D. Power ranking from the past nine years in line.
Yes Nanopano - But this no news. Please see the initial posts in the thread before posting such queries.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote