Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 4th April 2005, 14:12   #46
BHPian

..and understand that those driving other vehicles do not suffer from 'Brain Damage', .....

Another korean car driver i presume...
Old 4th April 2005, 14:21   #47
DRC
BHPian

BTW did anyone has spoken to fiat earlier about the service and quality of car..
Old 4th April 2005, 14:27   #48
Team-BHP Support

whoa whoa whoa - great battle - score so far

Team-bhp website 10
Palio car owners 5
silly korean car driver 5
GTO's proactive reporting 5
Fiat management -10

sorry - I am biased somewhere
Old 4th April 2005, 14:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoops
Another korean car driver i presume...
Hmmmm.... Korean, German, French, Belgian and EX- Italian, Spanish and Malaysian car driver here. Also contemplating Indian car for parents.

Come in here dear boy, have a cigar - you have to go far...
Old 4th April 2005, 14:36   #50
BHPian

what do you do, drive for HERTZ or somthing???

hehehe...good one there ajmat!!
Old 4th April 2005, 14:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoops
what do you do, drive for HERTZ or somthing???
No, I lived in different countries over the last 8 years and most of those cars were provided by the employers.

Lets get back to the topic, though.
Old 4th April 2005, 14:43   #52
BHPian

palio's are here to stay and Fiat in one way or other.
Fiat has been bad mouthed before.
Old 4th April 2005, 14:49   #53
BHPian

Frankly your extrapolations about FIAT_india's future from such bits of news seem fa..ar fetched. These things(like mgmt resginations) happen all over the world all the time.
It would be much more difficult for FIAT to close the India-shop than to revamp their india ops. Its going to be some time before they are able to do the later.

As I pointed out last time on another thread of discussion, GM's performance in India has been far worse than Fiat. (And it's Auto ops are struggling even in rest of the world). Similar is the story about Mitsubishi which is trying to stay afloat. Why then I do not see any such "pro-active" predictions here about their future in India?.

[BTW did you read the reports on FIAT-spa's improved performance in Feb'05?]

Note from moderator :Personal attacks on members will not be entertained. Warning level increased by one. Any more will lead to permanent banning from the forum

Last edited by Dippy : 4th April 2005 at 15:26.
Old 4th April 2005, 14:56   #54
BHPian

you are a good sport steeroid, must have been fun driving all those wheels...and yes, lets get back to the topic.

well, we live in hope natrajan.
Old 4th April 2005, 15:10   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in

As I pointed out last time on another thread of discussion, GM's performance in India has been far worse than Fiat. (And it's Auto ops are struggling even in rest of the world). Similar is the story about Mitsubishi which is trying to stay afloat. Why then I do not see any such "pro-active" predictions here about their future in India?.

[BTW did you read the reports on FIAT-spa's improved performance in Feb'05?]
fiat performing better than GM - Could you provide the data and reference for this please...as for mitsubishi - this is mainly in HM hands - fortunately HM is making money from making ford/isuzu engines which offsets losses elsewhere - and has a huge cash pile from selling the earthmoving division. I see more new palios than new lancers
Old 4th April 2005, 15:21   #56
BHPian

Shutting down operations and writing of losses is not a easy thing i agree. But when things go out of hand, they might as well do it.

Unless some one radical comes to head ops and does something really really good, FIAT India is not going to do any good.

It takes lot more than just Schumi or tendulkar to sell a car in India. Fiat has learned it the hard way. Time for them to sit down, take a lesson from the past experience and start off fresh.

Yes I am a Fiat supporter, I love fiats and i own a couple of them.
Old 4th April 2005, 15:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

DRC:

That is a long list. And it makes me angry too. How does Fiat expect to improve sales with such dumb service? BTW, You go to Sundaram?

Steer:

Much respect. Though I am not a Floyd fan, I am more of a Led Zep and GnR fan. Nice post. Right now, me and my car or on that Stairway to Heaven. After the running in it will be 'Get in the Ring' with Accents. No offence, I am kidding.
Old 4th April 2005, 16:08   #58
Senior - BHPian

The Fiat india management is hopeless or has too much of constraints with the budget. Hopefully those, who left the company, would not sneak into Hyundai or Maruti. Scary thought, isnt it?

I own a Fiat car and I am loving it, but Fiat India's future looks all bleak. (I knew it even when I bought the car. I can't resist that machine. )

I would not blame GTO for being a soothsayer, albeit with a not-so-soothing forecast. But I still feel, that are chances of revival. Fortunately or unfortunately, automobile companies don't close their shops overnight like software companies.
Old 4th April 2005, 16:21   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

PSP62IN,

I honestly dont think you are aware, but I am a moderately successful 28 year old entrepreneur heading a team of 40 people in 3 offices. As such, I couldnt care less about commissions.

Secondly, I have placed my arguments on facts and backed them up with articles from the Economic Times etc. Why dont you state arguments based on facts versus biased opinions? Truth tellers dont need commissions pal...its the other segment that does!

Lastly, I think we need to use the left part of the brain here. Ponder on this for a brief moment : Do you even think that Fiat is competition enough for Maruti/Hyundai/Tata to pay commissions toward bad mouthing Fiat? Do you think that "10,000+ cars a month sellers" could care anyless about a dying competitor which is barely managing 200 cars (Feb 2005 - Fiat sales figures).

IMHO Fiat by itself is doing a splendid job of botching its image...it really does not need external contribution.

Quote:
GTO's proactive reporting 5
Ajmat, you break my heart

GTO
Old 4th April 2005, 16:29   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I own a Fiat car and I am loving it, but Fiat India's future looks all bleak. (I knew it even when I bought the car. I can't resist that machine. )
Same case with me. Though I am kind of hoping some one with better brains takes over the management of the company. As I have mentioned earlier, it is a crime to let such good products go to waste.
Closed Thread