Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd November 2008, 15:50   #16
BHPian

Have used a Bridgstone on my Ford 1.6 for 4 yrs and changed it only after 72,000.Kms. was keen to change them after 50,000 kms, but every time the tyre shop guys told me there is more life in these. Have done some hard breaking on these as well. No visible damage. You could try them.
krishtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 16:51   #17
BHPian

It could be that the tires are from an older batch, or is too old. I think you have the right to claim with the company directly. Go ahead with yur complaint and lets see what they have got to say on this
backrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:51   #18
BHPian

Answering you all in summary,

Tyres were all in good condition, 2007 make. they were not worn out, till 14k there was not single puncture, grip was good breaking was good, comfort was also good on all surfaces.

The road where i did breaking was not concrete road it was newly constructed tarmac but may not be with very smooth surface, did not notice much about the road as it was 3 am and i was more ofcusing on driving ahead and reaching home.

The Car was fully loaded when the incident happened, with boot full of luggage, four passangers, and tank full of diesel (around 62 ltrs). again i want to reiterate that i did hard breaking several times on all type of surfaces but this never happened.

Latest update, as i raised the complaint with Goodyear they asked me to visit on of the dealers here in pune, i been there, dealer did some initial inspection and he was also surprized, he said he has not seen this before. he was sounding possitive and he also told me some tips about dealing with service engineer. He kept one of tyre with him to show it to service engineer. he would call me in some time to provided complete report.

As you all are suggesting to get new shoes, i shall do that, in fact i was already planning to do that but due to budget constraint i was holding it, and also was planning to use GT3 for atleast another 10k.

Last edited by throttleking : 3rd November 2008 at 17:52.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 14:29   #19
BHPian

Finally the claim rejected by Goodyear service advisor. putting up the case with GM for not providing appropriate tyre on Magnum. lets see what happens.

Meanwhile evaluating different tyres for my Magnum, dont have budget for PP2s, S drive and Potenza GIII on mind.

One Quetion here, what if i continue to use flatspotted tyres for some time? what are the potential problem except discomfort?

Last edited by throttleking : 4th November 2008 at 14:31.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 14:49   #20
BHPian

Your suspension will go for a toss if you continue using the flatspotted tyres !! If you dont have a budget for S Drive / PP etc, get a cheap pair of JK/MRF. It would be miles better than using your current ones.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote