Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th January 2017, 22:26   #91
BHPian

Default Re: No traffic rules for Defence & Police forces in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Everyone needs to follow traffic rules - Period! "Miniscule" number of accidents are still a cause of concern. I'm not sure why you are taking this so personally. Bad apples always exist and need to be addressed; just because they are a few, they cannot be ignored completely.
Sorry dheepak probably I have been misunderstood, my aim was to draw an analogy that the number of accidents caused being so miniscule that it does not require so much of dedicated thread bashing. I am with you that this aspect requires addressing even if it is quite low

Quote:
The second worst behaviour followed in India is - If something is not suiting you, then change yourself. In that case, everyone who has something to complain about bad traffic sense will have to just sit at home.
You have just quoted a part of my post, the full para puts my argument into context. My point was not to turn a blind eye but to project that the traffic behaviour inside cantts are much better than outside. Even civilians on entering cantt do sedate driving and these include the government bus and trucks.
Quote:
The third worst is that when someone has a concern or complaint, they actually don't take an action by making a complaint at the appropriate forum, but tend to discuss in public/private forums like TBHP and amongst friends. Request the aggrieved people to make a complaint at the appropriate forum, with pictures, if possible.
This is the best advice on this thread. Thanks for understanding

Last edited by RajeVenu : 17th January 2017 at 22:33.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:26   #92
BHPian

The Police in Chennai themselves do not follow rules (should be the same elsewhere too).
Cops ride with out helmets. Police cars park on the road obstructing traffic. Do not follow a 'lane' discipline. Drive along the wrong side of the road, etc.

Rules do not apply to them.

No traffic rules for Defence & Police forces in India?-vlcsnap2016120620h23m20s797.png
One of the umpteen times.

Police gypsy wandering between 2 tracks, and obstructing the traffic behind.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 19:57   #93
BHPian

Why utter the word 'Defence' in the same title as 'Police'. Sounds like chalk and cheese to me. Two more different organizations and with different values and completely different levels of discipline we would be hard pressed to find. In 38 years of driving have I found defence staff cars flouting traffic rules - yes a few times. Have I found them obeying rules - many many times. Have I seen a defence vehicle lying banged up in the city - not so far. The Police? - don't get me started. And even the cops are not all black sheep.

Some writers on this thread have expressed their angst of defence drivers swinging it on traffic rules and I don't doubt their experience at all. But to paint all 1.3 million men & women with the same brush is more than a tad unfair. For the residents of Pune - write to the Army Commander, Southern Command. If you don't get a reply or response then you have earned the right to grumble on social media.

I want our younger citizens to know that you can drive change in your own way. My experience dealing with various Govt agencies is that if you write at the right senior level and go meet them then it gets the ball rolling. Sometimes you need to be persistent but it works from solving specific issues to getting policy changes done. And you don't need to bribe to achieve this. Too many of us in our country assume there is no point in complaining and never try to discover the power of the citizen. I write this after careful thought and some valuable experience in this area.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 2nd August 2017 at 20:12.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote