Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 31st March 2010, 18:12   #76
BHPian

I successfully upgraded the Blue&Me software to 5.4.11 for my Punto. The upgrade was a smooth process without any problems and was completed in 5 mins after plugging in the USB stick and turning the ignition ON.

After the upgrade was done I faced a weird problem, where the steering mounted Blue&Me controls stopped respondig for a few mnutes. My phone was connected to Blue&Me easily but then pressing the Phone button on the steering did not display the Blue&Me menu instead the Radio kept on playing. After some time the phone book was displayed but the radio was still playing. On pressing the up and down keys the FM stations changed instead of the phone book being scrolled. This continued for a good 5-10 mins and then all of a sudden everything started working fine. I guess the controls needed some time to get used to the upgrade.

Those were very scary moments and I thought I had S**** Blue&Me.

After upgrading the software I tried installing ecodrive but was not successful. I got the same old USB error 10.

Has anybody successfully installed ecodrive on their Punto?
daredeviljpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 10:14   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Got the Blue & Me adapter for iPhone 3G. Blue & Me rocks , i can play all the 16GB music I have on my phone.
where can i get ipod adapter in Mumbai?
ankursharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 17:04   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankursharma View Post
where can i get ipod adapter in Mumbai?
I got it from UK. I don't think FIAT is selling this in India
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 22:31   #79
BHPian

ok a similar problem here on my linea.

the buttons on the steering wheel have stopped responding to controls for USB drive based music. they work fine for radio and CD.

the window icon button and the phone buttons have totally stopped responding.

i would try the reboot trick. would have to find a mechanic. i don't think i would try to mess around with the battery myself.

if that does not work out, i would give a visit to the fiat service station and see what they can do.

the car completes one year this month. i hope this problem is resolved under warranty. or my hatred for fiat would grow x100.
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 08:29   #80
BHPian

Susubh, did you try upgrading the firmware? Seems your upgrade was stopped midway and was not completed. A.S.S should be able to rectify this problem by resetting the system.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 13:00   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredeviljpr View Post
After upgrading the software I tried installing ecodrive but was not successful. I got the same old USB error 10.

Has anybody successfully installed ecodrive on their Punto?
I tired installing Ecodrive in my Linea it did not work, got an error sorry did not note that down. Anyways the Linea is not mentioned on the Ecodrive site so I had my own doubts if it would work at all .
downsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 16:51   #82
BHPian

Does anyone of you have this weird problem with Blue & Me ? How to end a phone call that is in progress? For example, you have called a wrong number from phone book and you want to end the call when the phone on the other side is ringing. Or let us you called some number, had a chat and now want to end the call from your side. No button on my steering ends the call that is in progress. I have to always wait for person on the other side to end the call. Is it only me?
Rach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 17:57   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post
Does anyone of you have this weird problem with Blue & Me ? How to end a phone call that is in progress? For example, you have called a wrong number from phone book and you want to end the call when the phone on the other side is ringing. Or let us you called some number, had a chat and now want to end the call from your side. No button on my steering ends the call that is in progress. I have to always wait for person on the other side to end the call. Is it only me?
Press the "phone" button for 2-3 seconds and the call will be ended.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 20:02   #84
BHPian

Default Blue N Me ver 5.5 available

For all those who are having issues with new phones updated to version 5.5 blue n me. Should solve the problem, although they are still having issues with latest phones.

For anyone whose blue n me has stopped showing the media player information on dashboard ( like me :( ) I think a hard reset is on the anvil.

I will do that one of these days, everything else is working fine, just that I dont see the media player menu in the dashboard which is super irritating. Microsoft is upto its reputation of making buggy software !
-xplora- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 20:14   #85
BHPian

about my problem... i resetted the blue&me system by disconnecting the battery for a while. it fixed the problems with the stuck functions on the steering wheel.

seriously... the new android based car systems are likely to be much better. microsoft made a mess of this system.
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 21:36   #86
BHPian

Whoa, just came across this. Is so much software (that too Microsoft software) really needed for this? Ford seem to have done a great job of this. Of course, it is just getting calls, no SMS display and all. But I use it every day for a couple of months now, and not a single problem till date, touch wood. It "just works", like Apple products

But I would have loved to have the call-answering and other buttons on the wheel!

Last edited by rajushank84 : 30th July 2010 at 21:39.
rajushank84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:19   #87
BHPian

I'm extrmely happy with B&M except the following issue. The USB drive some times doesnt not resuming from where it has stopped. It goest to the first folder automatically. Has any one faces this issue? I have switched off shuffle but still doesnt work. Is there any work arounds?

Last edited by BMW-X5 : 3rd August 2010 at 16:20.
BMW-X5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:50   #88
BHPian

One issue from me.

Blue&Me does not recognize all the MP3 songs from the USB. It skips a few for no reasons. I have updated all the tags to V2.3. What else can I do?
Ferrari1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:36   #89
BHPian

I bought the linea on july 1st and since the very first day i'm using Blue & Me with out any problem,actually it is a breeze to use .Firstly i paired my nokia 5800 express music n it worked fine but message reader was not compactable.And then i paired my blackberry with it and all the fuctions are working.A nice feature which help us to drive safe.
bhunu AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:11   #90
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my "noobishness", But i would like to know if the Blue and me can still be functional with an aftermarket HU in the Punto/linea (as we all know that the stock unit on the EP+ is pure crap)
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote