Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd December 2010, 20:08   #106
BHPian

The Sony Ericsson one's work with the message reader functionality. Although I wouldn't choose a phone just based on the compatibility with Blue & Me.
teky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 00:12   #107
BHPian

You can download the latest version of Blue&ME from the Fiat corporate website

The message reader functionality is a bit of a problem with most phones except the older SonyEricssons. It used to sync with my Nokia N97 till I upgraded the firmware on my phone. Now I sync it with my Blackberry Bold 2 and it works well.
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 19:34   #108

Hi BHPians, Greetings!

Can the Blue & Me be synced with IPhone?
johnniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 21:47   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniey View Post
Hi BHPians, Greetings!

It should..the "blue" part in B/M is the just the carrier layer only and it should work with any BT-enabled handset. My Punto paired happily with a Blackberry in the first attempt itself.
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 15:16   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
The Sony Ericsson one's work with the message reader functionality. Although I wouldn't choose a phone just based on the compatibility with Blue & Me.
Agreed but as I am set to upgrade my phone and since I do not have any specific make/model in mind, I thought might as well try the one compatible
with Blue&me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post

The message reader functionality is a bit of a problem with most phones except the older SonyEricssons. It used to sync with my Nokia N97 till I upgraded the firmware on my phone. Now I sync it with my Blackberry Bold 2 and it works well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
It should..the "blue" part in B/M is the just the carrier layer only and it should work with any BT-enabled handset. My Punto paired happily with a Blackberry in the first attempt itself.
Looks like Punto is happy to pair up with Blackberrys.

@sandeepmdas: Which Blackberry model do you have bro?

Last edited by sheetumanu : 5th December 2010 at 15:19.
sheetumanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 15:39   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniey View Post
Hi BHPians, Greetings!

It can very well connect with iPhone for making receiving calls, however for playing music from the iPhone you need the blue and me adapter.
teky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 11:00   #112
BHPian

Hi all. I reset my Blue and me. Now it seems to be working fine. I am not sure what version I have but my ipod shuffle connected without and issues. I just plugged in my USB port end to the car , prayed and pressed play. And play it did. Does it mean that I don't need to upgrade?
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 15:49   #113
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Experience Fiat's Blue and ME

the voice recognition on my brand new linea is acting funny.

when i press the windows button and utter DIAL and speak out a number 92255XXXXX it picks 90055. no way its picking the word two for 2. whatever tone and loudness i speak 2 it reads as 0.

has anyone faced this weird issue? whats the work around for this
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 00:48   #114
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
the voice recognition on my brand new linea is acting funny.

when i press the windows button and utter DIAL and speak out a number 92255XXXXX it picks 90055. no way its picking the word two for 2. whatever tone and loudness i speak 2 it reads as 0.

has anyone faced this weird issue? whats the work around for this
I have been through this exact scenario i.e. the system misinterprets my pronunciation of two for zero. It was solved when two was pronounced in english/american accent. I have found the system to be particularly strict when it comes to interpreting two. Most of us(indians) tend to pronounce two as 'too' which I believe causes the system to misinterpret as zero.
UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 18:31   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post

My Linea was purchased last year in June.

I have not updated Blue&Me since then.

Is it recommended to update using the firmware that is available from the Fiat website?

Is it safe to install the version available on the international site on a car manufactured here in India? I mean Fiat India website should be providing the update for our cars rigth?

It has never worked fully with my Android phone... I mean, I can connect it through Bluetooth and make and receive calls. It also somehow shows recently dialed numbers. But SMS does not work at all. And from my experience, it does not recognizes the iPod Touch I have when connected using the USB cable.
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 20:55   #116
UKR
BHPian

Actually my Samsung Wave S8500 GT is working perfectly with Blue&me despite it being a newly released phone. Message reader, phone book, last calls, voice dial all are working perfectly.
Old 12th December 2010, 21:36   #117
BHPian

that's why i was asking if i should update the Blue&Me edition on my car and is the version available on Fiat International website is safe for use on the Indian model!

and wave is not an android phone from what I understand
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 23:33   #118
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
that's why i was asking if i should update the Blue&Me edition on my car and is the version available on Fiat International website is safe for use on the Indian model!

and wave is not an android phone from what I understand
Ya the wave does not run android. The point was that I have never updated the blue & me in my Linea and it is also a June 2009 model. The wave was not released at the time, still it is working fine with blue & me. I see there were quite a few missing links between what I intended to convey and what I had put down in my previous post, my mistake .

I remember one of the earlier posts mentioning that an upgrade is recommended if you are having trouble using your phone with blue & me. But I wouldn't be in a position to say whether this would fix the specific problem with android as I am yet to try one.

Cheers,
Old 20th December 2010, 13:54   #119
BHPian

Does anybody have any idea whether Samsumg Galaxy 3, operating on android 2.1, is fully compatible with Blue & Me?
sheetumanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 10:00   #120
BHPian

Is the HTC Wildfire compatible with the Blue & Me system?
Pyrotek is offline   Reply With Quote