Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th January 2011, 17:56   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Experience Fiat's Blue and ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Is the HTC Wildfire compatible with the Blue & Me system?
It should be for making and receiving calls, may not be compatible with Blue&ME SMS Reader though.
sheetumanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 18:40   #122
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone on the forum tried to pair a 'Chinese phone' which is available for dirt cheap price?

If yes, was the attempt a successful one?
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 12:47   #123
BHPian

Any recommendations for a phone that works with Blue & Me. Budget around 10-12K. Should have an easy to use interface, guess Nokia's are best in that department.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 17:23   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Any recommendations for a phone that works with Blue & Me. Budget around 10-12K. Should have an easy to use interface, guess Nokia's are best in that department.
Almost all the phones in that price range supporting bluetooth will work fine with blue&me. If, however, you look forward to use the sms reader function of Blue & Me as well, then Sony Ericsson and Blackberry are your best bets.

Here's the list anyways:

Fiat Blu&me

Telefoni Compatibili

Rgds,
SM
Old 20th January 2011, 18:19   #125
BHPian

the blue and me used to work so well with my nokia E72, but now that i went the android way, its been buggy. however, i think the issue is with my HTC desire and not the blue and me. the android system, abruptly disconnects form blue and me after 1 minute. so agonizing!
sharanramesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 14:38   #126
BHPian

If I pair 2 diff phones onto the blue & me how are my phonebook entries stored ??
WasavaTyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 15:05   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
I have been through this exact scenario i.e. the system misinterprets my pronunciation of two for zero. It was solved when two was pronounced in english/american accent. I have found the system to be particularly strict when it comes to interpreting two. Most of us(indians) tend to pronounce two as 'too' which I believe causes the system to misinterpret as zero.
Same problem faced here too. You may pronounce the 2 as 'tue' and not the Indian way and you will get it right. The other beauty is the voice recongniser also gets trained to your voice and as you keep using it, it will become easier.
saugdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 15:18   #128
BHPian

addition to the above question, what happens if you have 2 phones authorised for the car? which phone gets connected to the car's blue & me? and is it possible to have multi pairing (like some bluetooth headset)?
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 15:28   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Has anyone on the forum tried to pair a 'Chinese phone' which is available for dirt cheap price?

If yes, was the attempt a successful one?
I got the Micromax Q75 worth 4.5k the same day as my Linea . It does work perfectly for the voice calls (both incoming and out going). Also phone book gets downloaded automatically and even the SMS gets read most of the times. But I too face a sporadic problem as stated below and would like your help:

The Fact :

From the beginning, in most cases, when a new mssg arrives while driving , the Blue & me asks me whether to read it out and then it does when prompted. But some times, my mobile rings to tell a mssg has arrived, but the B&M keeps quiet. In this 2nd situation, if a call comes next, my mobile rings and the Blue & me still keeps quiet. Not able to understand what to do, I pick up my mobile, and then try to speak, but it will not allow, since the handsfree system is still activated. Even if I try to make a call from the B&M, the ring goes but gets disconnected as soon as someone picks up. In summary, all the time the B&M misbehaves was preceded by a SMS coming in but the reverse is not true, ie all mssgs has not led to the problem in B&M.

Was looking for an answer and found one more fact: My mobile is set for storing the SMS in the phone memory. But as soon as it gets paired up with the B&M, the storing gets changed automatically to the SIM. Since the SIM memory is too less, I need to keep changing the mobile setting back to the phone memory everytime i come out of the car. But not able to understand whether this has got a linkage to the problem with the B&M of my car too. But if I keep the setting as SIM and after the memory gets filled, ie no more SMS can come in, it does not have a problem.
Even tried to delete all user data dn pair again. But even after repeat pairing with a new pairing code, after pairing it shows the same old pairing number of the phone.
I am wondering what is the problem? Has anyone faced this problem? Any idea what this is all about and how to get this sorted out?
Old 31st January 2011, 14:43   #130
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I got my Punto EP last week. I have a few doubts with the B&M.

I noticed yesterday that when playing music through USB or Ipod, we are not able to change the track from the button given on the stereo but only through the ^v arrows given on the steering wheel.

is there an option to be able to use the buttons on the stereo?
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 13:04   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

I got my Punto EP last week. I have a few doubts with the B&M.

I noticed yesterday that when playing music through USB or Ipod, we are not able to change the track from the button given on the stereo but only through the ^v arrows given on the steering wheel.

is there an option to be able to use the buttons on the stereo?
You can not. The songs in the USB drive can either be changed thru the steering controls or press the 'windows' button on the steering control and say 'next' or 'previous' and control thru voice commands. This as per me is more user friendly. The stereo unit controls are only for the CDs.
Old 1st February 2011, 13:48   #132
BHPian

One help i need from friends here in using my USB more efficiently: If i say 'folders', it shows all the folders (some 100numbers) in the USB and it becomes difficult to browse and get to the desired one thru the steering controls. Is there any way / voice commands which can switch to my desired folder?
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:14   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
addition to the above question, what happens if you have 2 phones authorised for the car? which phone gets connected to the car's blue & me? and is it possible to have multi pairing (like some bluetooth headset)?
Yes multi-pairing is quite possible. In this case, both the phones will be connected to blue&me.
Old 28th February 2011, 15:32   #134
Senior - BHPian

Ecodrive is working in my linea yippie!!. it is a great addition to blue and me. and guys it is wonderful!!!!
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 14:42   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Ecodrive is working in my linea yippie!!. it is a great addition to blue and me. and guys it is wonderful!!!!
Great!! I wonder why its not working on GP
Is there a difference between system on Linea and GP? Not sure whom to ask.
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote