Team-BHP - VW Jetta limited time offer 3yrs/45,000km maintence free package + Insurance Free
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Jetta limited time offer 3yrs/45,000km maintence free package + Insurance Free (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/49248-vw-jetta-limited-time-offer-3yrs-45-000km-maintence-free-package-insurance-free.html)

Just test drove the Jetta DSG. Came out pretty impressed with the drive and gearbox. It has paddle shifters too which change gears before you can blink. Great sound system and suspension.
Only downside is the engine is noisy on the outside and when pressed hard.
I test drove the accord yesterday and i'd say the Jetta is much more fun to drive and feels a lot more secure around corners. However the Accord offers much more space.

Now, the best part of the deal was that they are offering free insurance worth 45,000 and a 3 years/45,000kms(worth Rs.35,000) all inclusive (oil , brake pads,etc) until 31st Dec on all Jetta variants. I think this was offered to me as a corporate offer

In addition the for Rs.6500 you get 5 years/ 100,000Kms warranty which is mandatory to take. When i questioned why they said it has not been inbuilt in the price instead to save on VAT.

Have requested for a spare part pricelist of the Jetta.

Is the Altis AT still a good contender?

whats the price difference between the Altis AT and Jetta DSG ?
could you list the respective on-road prices ?

What are your thoughts on Jetta Vs Laura ?

I havent driven the Laura, i'd rather stick with the VW badge than go the Skoda way. Besides the Laura does not have any offers that the Jetta has currently.
The Jetta DSG comes to 17.7 lakhs OTR without octroi. Altis A/T is 14.2 lakhs OTR without Octroi.
Just test drove the Altis and liked it too.
If the runnings around 600-1000kms a month is it viable to pay the difference for the Jetta?

Hey just my views

Altis AT does not make sense. I mean 4-speed AT is ridiculous.

I guess if at all the choice is between Altis MT and Jetta DSG - I would say Jetta would be better overall. (its noisy though). Else Altis MT is great.

Those just my views so no offense pls.
(P.S. - Jetta Petrol does not make sense too. I mean 1.6L engine at ~ 14L common man!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahuldeodhar (Post 1059272)
Hey just my views

Altis AT does not make sense. I mean 4-speed AT is ridiculous.

I guess if at all the choice is between Altis MT and Jetta DSG - I would say Jetta would be better overall. (its noisy though). Else Altis MT is great.

Those just my views so no offense pls.
(P.S. - Jetta Petrol does not make sense too. I mean 1.6L engine at ~ 14L common man!)

No manual, need an auto only.
I didn't find any major drawbacks of having the 4 speed auto during my test drive, even my accord is a 4 speed auto and works fine.
Its one of those cliche times heart says Jetta, mind says Altis

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1059260)
The Jetta DSG comes to 17.7 lakhs OTR without octroi. Altis A/T is 14.2 lakhs OTR without Octroi.
Just test drove the Altis and liked it too.
If the runnings around 600-1000kms a month is it viable to pay the difference for the Jetta?

I don't think so. With the running being 12,000km/year, I don't think you can recover the 3.5L cost difference in fuel costs.

Calculation is: Altis (8 kmpl) means 12,000/8 = 1500L x 50/- = 75,000/-
Jetta (12 kmpl) means 12,000/12 = 1000L x 36/- = 36,000/-

So you'll be saving 40k a year & would need to keep the Jetta for at least 8-9 years to justify the cost difference in initial outlay.

P.S. I used approx FE figures for city driving with Auto transmissions & Delhi prices for fuel.

And also to add to the actual recovery in monetary terms, you need to see the time horizon and likely resale value. I believe Altis would have better value (% terms) as it might do good in sales number (as compared to Jetta).

Also, if there is a loan involved then there is extra interest in case of Jetta.

All in all Altis makes more economical sense. But I know that priorities can be different.

Quote:

Now, the best part of the deal was that they are offering free insurance worth 45,000 and a 3 years/45,000kms(worth Rs.35,000) all inclusive (oil , brake pads,etc) until 31st Dec on all Jetta variants. I think this was offered to me as a corporate offer

In addition the for Rs.6500 you get 5 years/ 100,000Kms warranty which is mandatory to take.
Now that's a deal! Good on VW to offer yet another differentiator over the Laura. I can bet you that the 45K service package is worth more than just 35K. Everyone is offering such great packages in these tight times; customer is king more than ever before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1059559)
Now that's a deal! Good on VW to offer yet another differentiator over the Laura. I can bet you that the 45K service package is worth more than just 35K. Everyone is offering such great packages in these tight times; customer is king more than ever before.

It defiantly is worth a lot more but thats the price they sell the package for if I were to buy it without this scheme.

Unfortunately, the Altis does not come with any such package or freebies. But it does cost 3.5 lakhs less which makes it more VFM even if you include 3 years service costs of the Altis.

There are unconfirmed news of skoda mulling over the issue of offering 3 yrs maintenance package which may come in the next month or by Jan. There is no consideration being made for 5 yrs/100000 km warranty though and I think thats the actual deal IMHO.

For Laura AT following is the current offer - 50% insurance discount( show a figure of approx 32000/- but it is actually just around 13000/- . ) they are quoting insurance premium in the range of 63000/- but the premium available for a value of 1682000/- is around 45000/- so what they are actually offering is just the difference between half that you pay(32000) and 45000 i.e. 13000/-.

Apart from that dealer is pitching in 42500/- in the loan amount with loan payout of 1.5 % and bringing the EMI down in the range of 13.3 %. There is also 9.99% scheme for finance.

For Corporate customer there is an additional discount upto Rs 75000/-. Overall its not bad deal considering the sunroof, electrically adjustable seat and the xenons it comes shod with- yes it lacks paddle shifters compared to Jetta but tiptronic is as good. In addition to the no of dealers and service centres that Skoda has is definitely a plus compared to VW.

If maintenance & warranty comes along with it - that will be a great news for Laura customers but it seems that VW is trying to push VW badged Jetta with sweet offer and I guess it wont allow Skoda to copy it for the time being at least.

Any idea what current schemes are on offer for VW Jetta 1.9 M/T indifferent dealership.

I am looking to buy this car but my dealer (Sanghi Volkswagen, Jaipur) says that the AMC + Insurance offer is now over and there is no offer on the car at present and I for one don't believe him.

Sweet deal, but wait! It's till December so how about waiting for new laura?

Isnt the DSG box prone to issues ? Remember seing some threads on that. So that really does not put the 4 speed AT of the Altis at any major disadvantage.

I remember a person from OVERDRIVE magazine mentioning that the DSG box in their test drive PASSAT went kaput a few days after they took in the car

IMO it is still costly!!!:D

By the way feeling really pity on those "few" customers ,who had bought Jetta without these offers. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagan.js (Post 1264895)
Sweet deal, but wait! It's till December so how about waiting for new laura?

This was december 2008