Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd November 2008, 18:30   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
LMAO: Joke of the year:

PS: If they weren't such a bunch of incompetent marketers, I would've been 10000km up on the Palio SDX by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post

Well, yes it does look a ridiculous expectation to start with. I think it is typical marketing aggression in front of the media. In their mind, they well know that this launch would be deemed a success if it touches 1000 units per month. It would be a great comeback for Fiat. I think the 1.3 MJD is a potential winner.
OT :
When Fiat had targetted only 500 odd units for Palio MJD monthly there was bashing again to why they having such low targets. Now when they have target for 2500 units , whats wrong?? See i know many people would think twice before spending more than 8 lacs for a Fiat. But if priced well this could be VFM. We can see more & more buyers keeping ANHC as second option now and looking at more VFM cars!! Even if Fiat sells 1500-2000 units regularly they should be more than happy. I think they will take some months to reach the 2500 target. Everyone knows Linea is a great car , now they would just see how Fiat proceeds further.

I personally feel Fiat is till now going in the right direction with their positive approach. Now price it well. Market it & lastly improve your service. All the best to them.
karanraheja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:01   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
OT :
Even if Fiat sells 1500-2000 units regularly they should be more than happy. I think they will take some months to reach the 2500 target. Everyone knows Linea is a great car , now they would just see how Fiat proceeds further.
These numbers are not sustainable by any company given the current car market, especially in these segments.

Hoping Fiat does well with the Linea. For Fiat's sake I wish the launch had happened a year ago. They've picked a tough time to launch their car.
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

>> They've picked a tough time to launch their car.

I have a niggling feeling that this car might just turn around the whole market and turn out to be a spectacular success.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:15   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
>> They've picked a tough time to launch their car.

I have a niggling feeling that this car might just turn around the whole market and turn out to be a spectacular success.

I'm hoping that your niggling feeling turns about to be true. Seeing the reviews in the AutoCar Show, this is one hell of a car. And anything less than 10L for the high end means we've a winner. What do u say?
hotpursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 20:19   #65
BHPian

Does anyone know the 0-100 timings of the linea petrol. the diesel is 15 seconds. That's slow, or am i wrong ?
Is the 1.9d never coming or will it be launched later. If someone knows, please let me know. I might be buying this car. Thankyou
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 21:43   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
BSR, SkyW, amit, zak, GTO, Thepassion in these statmetns indicate how badly Fiat Service has let down loyal customers. Hope they are geared up this time, but wonder what they have planned differently.
Before A.S.S it is Marketing. I always believed FIAT never marketed their vehicles aggressively. Be it for Palio 1.2 and 1.6, Petra, Adventure, Stile models and 500. My ownership experience with Palio for last 3 and half years say it is one of the best cars around. I am proud of it. I do agree that some times it is letdown (more in case of Adventure of friend of mine) with A.S.S but overall it is more than satisfactory. Slight hint of improvement in A.S.S, I will purchase another FIAT.

My opinion is that, in overall they badly managed everything except engineering. After launch of Linea, I may think of changing my signature. Waiting for +ve things from FIAT. It can not go wrong than it has been already.

-BSR
rao_battula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 22:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Does anyone know the 0-100 timings of the linea petrol. the diesel is 15 seconds. That's slow, or am i wrong ?
Is the 1.9d never coming or will it be launched later. If someone knows, please let me know. I might be buying this car. Thankyou

I dont think fiat will launch 1.9 Diesel. 1.6 MJD is a better option as its BHP is almost same as 1.9 and its better in torque and fuel efficiency.
Harshavarthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 22:49   #68
BANNED

Exclamation Linea Launch Date Confirmed!!!

OK- The latest scoop from my side is that the Linea launch date is confirmed to be December 16th!!! Isnt it great news so you dont have to wait with aited breath anymore- take it cool and wait till the 16th. Chao!

Source: Zigwheels (India Times)

(Fiat_-_Tata_Ranjangaon_Facility)

autocarcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:39   #69
Senior - BHPian

Besides Fiat, I hope Tata realises that is a great oppurtunity for them to capture a share of the Rs 7-10 lakh sedan segment where they don't have a single model right now.

On the other hand, if they want to do what Vista seems to be doing to the Palio MJD, by pitting the Indigo QJD against the Linea in the near future, then there is not much hope! I know atleast a few people (like phamilyman here who was being convinced hard by the Tata dealer to buy the Vista instead of the Palio MJD.)

I can almost imagine the guy at Dhingra Motors Gurgaon telling the customer (who has chosen the Linea after TDing the the Linea and Indigo QJD): Sir, Indigo le lo, spare parts ki problem nahi hai or Fiat ki maintenance ke liye hamare paas sirf ek mechanic hai, Pune-trained."

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Fiat India is like the Indian cricket team.
Amit, even the Indian cricket team has improved. I hope Fiat does the same. I can still remember the 2000 (or was it 3000?) cars that the Palio sold in the first month or two of launching.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 00:26   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Everyone knows Linea is a great car
Correction: Everyone at T-Bhp knows Linea is a good car. The 2500 ppl who Fiat is hoping will buy the car every month, know nothing about a car called Linea yet. They will know of it only once its launched and marketed well.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 00:46   #71
BHPian

Actually who said about this 2500 cars every month thing ? As far as I know the Guy in charge of Linea In Fiat told that there will be around 2500 cars with dealers for sales to get a good start, I don't expect 2500 cars a month, Will check and get back regarding the same.
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 06:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Actually who said about this 2500 cars every month thing ? As far as I know the Guy in charge of Linea In Fiat told that there will be around 2500 cars with dealers for sales to get a good start, I don't expect 2500 cars a month, Will check and get back regarding the same.
Thatís quite meaningful. Have stocks with dealers at time of launch so that there are display models, TD vehicles and ready for delivery. Produce more depending upon orders and demand. Something Honda should have done for the ANHC.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 09:08   #73
BHPian

Watched the autocar show Linea looked like a dream , only disappointment being there is no Dualogic hopes it comes in Comfort + version .
amit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 11:54   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
Watched the autocar show Linea looked like a dream , only disappointment being there is no Dualogic hopes it comes in Comfort + version .
I'm also very disappointed that there is no dualogic.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 12:14   #75
BHPian

Autocar linea review in pdf format is available in PUG. File size is 4 mb hence could not upload it here.
bbops1 is offline   Reply With Quote