Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd November 2008, 09:39   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The Palio is to be phased out in 2010 according to Fiat India sources.
News to me !!! How did you drill in to get this info??
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 09:59   #92

Hey Guys...
Isnt the Swift Vdi, Vista and the palio MJD the same engine?? so if u r getting a cheaper deal for the MJD makes sense right!
and the good stability and handling and looks(at least front end)
and the space in a mjd compared to a cramped swift make it score over both???
btw..hows the after sales for fiat now?? has it improved after TATA has taken over servicing?
rohanverdes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 10:17   #93
BHPian

@rohanverdes1 - Check out what varient of MJD it is. Should be SD.

Also Palio won't be phased out so seen as per recent PUG meet @ Pune where Mangesh shared that it will be their mainline product.

Do a test drive and make decision of all the three MJD/QJD/DDIS.
lightpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:13   #94
Senior - BHPian

Be rest assured guys... Palio isnt going anywhere.... infact Fiat is in the process of updating the interiors... a long time bug bear with Fiat owners and distractors alike.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:34   #95
Team-BHP Support

Note from support team: Thread merged.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 22:32   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanverdes1 View Post
Hey Guys..Just saw an advt in the paper saying the Palio Stile 1.1 is now at 3.1L and 1.3MJT at 4.29...
What do you think?
Is this to make way for the bravo's and linea's
or if stile going for a phase out??? or just a cut due to inflationary prices???
Was thinking of going over tmmrw to the showroom to check out! snce am plaaning on a hatch myself...
The Palio 1.3 MJT was 4.3x lakh (ex-showroom) for the SD (base version) in April 2008. So I think it's a very minor price cut.

Regarding the phasing out, in the recent interaction of PUG owners with Fiat Customer Service manager, Mangesh, it was categorically denied. Nobody makes such expensive dies and discontinues selling the car so soon (especially considering the numbers they have).

If you are down south and you like the car as opposed to other MJD cars, go for it. In North India, service could be an issue.

@ phamilyman: MJD mileage seems to be increasing after the 10,000 km mark. . Maybe it is at par with the DDis!
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 00:12   #97
BHPian

Guys,

I checked out the Palio onroad rates at concorde motors, b'lore. All petrol models are coming with a 40k discount. That makes the 1.1 SLX at 4.18 on road b'lore and the 1.6 sport at 5.05 on road! This surely looks tempting, considering a Swift Vxi is 5.2 on road b'lore. Is it a good time to buy now?
ntneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 09:09   #98
BHPian

i heard from many on this forum that Stile 1.1 is quite sluggish in traffic. better go for Stile 1.6 if u want a Palio petrol.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 17:23   #99
BHPian

Dieselfan is 100% correct.

Untill those issues are fixed (A. S. S. and fixing up., And availablility of the spares)
Fiat even after reducing rates people will think.

Thanks
bhojraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 22:45   #100
BHPian

latest update from Chennai : The 1.1 Stile SLX costs 3.96 lacs on road. This is after a 20k cash discount and a 4k Corporate Discount. Am trying to see if I can pull a few strings at Concorde to sweeten the deal further

Test drove the 1.1 SLX today expecting the car to crawl from a start. Was pleasantly surprised to note that it pulled away rather clean. I'm not referring to timing sheets here but the acceleration didnt feel too different from a Santro or a Wagon R - the 2 cars that fall closest to the price range of the Palio. Of course, the 1.6 Sport is a different story but for someone with a strict budget of 4 lacs, I think the Palio 1.1 SLX makes perfect sense as it comes fully loaded. Add this to the looks, fuel efficiency and solid build quality and you know you have a car where you cant go wrong. Yes, servicing issues exist and resale values can make you cry but theres something about the Palio that makes you wish you had one...More of a heart rather than mind decision ? Absolutely !
slipstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 18:47   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
latest update from Chennai : The 1.1 Stile SLX costs 3.96 lacs on road. This is after a 20k cash discount and a 4k Corporate Discount. Am trying to see if I can pull a few strings at Concorde to sweeten the deal further

Test drove the 1.1 SLX today expecting the car to crawl from a start. Was pleasantly surprised to note that it pulled away rather clean. I'm not referring to timing sheets here but the acceleration didnt feel too different from a Santro or a Wagon R - the 2 cars that fall closest to the price range of the Palio. Of course, the 1.6 Sport is a different story but for someone with a strict budget of 4 lacs, I think the Palio 1.1 SLX makes perfect sense as it comes fully loaded. Add this to the looks, fuel efficiency and solid build quality and you know you have a car where you cant go wrong. Yes, servicing issues exist and resale values can make you cry but theres something about the Palio that makes you wish you had one...More of a heart rather than mind decision ? Absolutely !
hey am still offered a palio 1.6 on road ex octroi for 4.3 lakhs. it is an amazing buy
jasher26 is offline   Reply With Quote