Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 16th April 2009, 19:15   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
In UK Ritz (Splash) is sold a price higher than Swift. So I guess in India also pricing structure will be similar.
Hope Maruti will not do that blunder. Ritz will get the tax benefit, and have lesser weight and a smaller engine than Swift.

Overpricing is not the key to brand image and success. Hyundai,with all the tax benefits, overpriced i20 and how! Maruti will use Ritz to target i10 and not i20.
Old 16th April 2009, 19:38   #152
BHPian

Definitely the worst rear in India, even worse than logan.
Maruti got a bit too carried away after looking at the i10

How does the DENTED rear of the ritz help in any possible way?

Maruti seem to be shooting themselves in the foot when they put up something that looks like "this" against the well received i10.

Other companies need to pay attention and bring in something that doesn't look so bad or something that doesn't look like a copycat(jazz) in the hatch segment.

We are a small car industry and I believe we deserve a few more choices in the 3-5L range.
Old 16th April 2009, 20:29   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Actually, Ritz's rear doesn't have a dent, when the over-all design is considered. It's a feeling created by the inward dent of the C-pillar. Check this side profile.
Attached Images

Old 16th April 2009, 21:14   #154
BHPian

This reminds me of Fiat Uno had a rear that was awkward to say the least with the bottom of the rear going in. Palio has a similar styling but its more like the rear is projected out at the waist line rather.

But Even if Ritz doesn't have a inward rear appearance to that extent would make it look awkward but if we take to a soap box like wagonR I see no reason Ritz buyers would have an issue with this. I think the new spark concept car looks best in the hatch segment in the sub 5 L bracket, Hyundai and maruti design guys seem to be from a zoology background where they seem to draw inspiration coming from the various species of frogs and toads they would have dissected.

For us to get a great looking car may e these guys should let some one like DC design a hatch.

Fabia,Punto and BMW mini are great looking cars but they dont really fall into the price sensitive indian buyers shortlist.
Old 16th April 2009, 21:41   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Definitely the worst rear in India, even worse than logan.
Maruti got a bit too carried away after looking at the i10

Maruti seem to be shooting themselves in the foot when they put up something that looks like "this" against the well received i10.

Other companies need to pay attention and bring in something that doesn't look so bad or something that doesn't look like a copycat(jazz) in the hatch segment.

We are a small car industry and I believe we deserve a few more choices in the 3-5L range.

If someone really is a copycat, then it has to be the Hyundai, and I guess I need not mention about its 'copied' designs/design cues.
As for maruti copying i10, the splash was developed before the i10, and anyways i10's rear is not a thing of beauty so that an older and well established rival may copy it.

Regards.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:11   #156
BHPian

I somehow feel that Ritz would've been easier on the eyes if the back was a little less pronounced. Something like what is shown below. Pardon the pathetic job done by a first time PS user.
Attached Images

Last edited by Su-47 : 17th April 2009 at 12:12.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:12   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
I guess MUL has already stated that the price would be lower than the swift. Isn't it a Wagon R replacement? (if at all they stop the wagon R!)
I have not come across any official press release from MUL stating that Ritz will be priced lower than Swift. It is only media speculation. I agree that it is a replacement for Wagon R but it is a whole new car.

Before 3-4 months when I checked Suzuki UK site the pricing of Splash models were higher by about 500 GBP compared to Swift. Today again when I checked that site, pricing are similar !

I also wish that it is sold at or below the price of Swift. It will be a great buy particularly with new 1.2 ltr engine.

Suzuki UK site.

Welcome to Suzuki GB PLC. The official Suzuki UK website for all Suzuki Cars and Automobiles including 4x4, New Grand Vitara, Swift, Swift Sport, SX4, Jimny, Ignis, Liana and Wagon R+
Old 17th April 2009, 12:50   #158
Senior - BHPian

Maruti may use the same 1.2 L engine in its models like Ritz, Estilo, Wagon R, Versa and even Swift, and the Alto and A-Star will have 1.0L engine, by mid 2010. And no change for its Diesel and SX4 engines.

Good news for Wagon R, Estilo and Alto, but bad news for Swift!

Ref: Maruti chalks out Rs 1,200 cr engine upgrade plans- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th April 2009 at 12:52.
Old 17th April 2009, 15:08   #159
BHPian

I was seeing this link. from the specs it appears to be probably one of the fastest in 0-100Kmph dash among petrol hatches in India doing it in 12.3 s with a top speed of 174Kmph

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I have not come across any official press release from MUL stating that Ritz will be priced lower than Swift. It is only media speculation. I agree that it is a replacement for Wagon R but it is a whole new car.

Before 3-4 months when I checked Suzuki UK site the pricing of Splash models were higher by about 500 GBP compared to Swift. Today again when I checked that site, pricing are similar !

I also wish that it is sold at or below the price of Swift. It will be a great buy particularly with new 1.2 ltr engine.

Suzuki UK site.

Welcome to Suzuki GB PLC. The official Suzuki UK website for all Suzuki Cars and Automobiles including 4x4, New Grand Vitara, Swift, Swift Sport, SX4, Jimny, Ignis, Liana and Wagon R+
Old 17th April 2009, 17:23   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I somehow feel that Ritz would've been easier on the eyes if the back was a little less pronounced. Something like what is shown below. Pardon the pathetic job done by a first time PS user.
Yes, it looks better! But the Suzuki designers may have tried to give a unique identity to the car. That's why it looks different, though a bit indigestible. They tried it in Swift and original SX4 hatch also.
Old 17th April 2009, 17:24   #161
BHPian

Just talked to my pet Maruti salesguy. He seemed very skeptical of the release in May since no training for the sales/delaership people has been scheduled yet. For a launch date in May it should have already happened now. Sorry I didnt get to read this whole thread to check if this was mentioned earlier.
Old 18th April 2009, 10:53   #162
BHPian

while searching on the net, i found this. A professional made website.

Maruti Suzuki Ritz Review Maruti Ritz Mileage Specifications Launch Price
Old 18th April 2009, 18:45   #163
BHPian

Does the below article say the launch is on May 7th ?
"Maruti will add a seventh small car to its portfolio this May. Seventh!"

News & Features - Ritz blitz - Business Standard Motoring
Old 19th April 2009, 23:57   #164
BHPian

i personally don't think. the back is that bad. its about time we something exciting to talk about. the Suzuki splash/ Ritz. share a common platform with Opel agila. go look it up.

and i think those big red tail lights are more safe than any other small cars. a straight backside might release a little more space also. this car has been made practicality in mind. if wagon R was boxy and we all bought it up. then i dont see any problems with this one.
Old 20th April 2009, 01:04   #165
Senior - BHPian

Why is Maruti flooding the market with one more misshaped hatch?. I would have appreciated it if they had taken a little more care on the choice of the replacement for the Esteem, worked on upgrading the Jimmy, M800 and Omni dabbas,offered a better minivan and a sporty car too at an affordable price, which they do offer in other markets.Hopefully?.
Closed Thread