Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 24th December 2008, 13:09   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsri007 View Post

For that matter no one quietly make cars... some companies , they announce that" their car is "THE CAR OF THE YEAR" before even they launch or in the very first month of the year " .Its all part of the game.
Wow. Did you come across any car / manufacturer that advertised their car to be the best even before they actually launched it.
Old 24th December 2008, 13:21   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Fiat: Messed up with their September launch date, which may be appear like a good thing in hindsight. But did a wise thing to postpone the launch from December to January.
----
Fiat can not take too many chances with this product, because unlike Maruti A star, Linea and Grade Punto will decide how long Fiat can stick around in Indian Market as car manufacturer. They make mistake, they are out of business.
Agree with you on this one. I really didnt understand why Fiat decided on the December launch date. Year ends are typically marked by sales slow down since people look at ahead to the new year for car registrations.
Also, we guys on TBHP seem to be the only ones getting bugged by the delayed launches. Most people who are contemplating buying a mid sized car have any clue about the Linea launch, or precisely speaking the delay of it.
Old 24th December 2008, 15:10   #243
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Why would I care to give a damn to when Fiat would launch Linea? I cared before, not anymore.

Ok. Guys. Support the delay as much as you can. I'm out of these useless Linea threads. I'm done with it (unsubscribing all of them and not going to read again).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Opendro, Man! Surprised to see you so agitated! But then, I remember reading your earlier posts in other threads and know that you were eagerly awaiting this launch.
Chuck it yaar, not worth this much wait.
Absolutely. It is not about hurting anyones sentiment or getting biased against Fiat. The point is Fiat has been pussyfooting around this launch and are quite unsure of themselves. Makes us really wonder will they be able to manage it this time, considering their bad track record.

From their point of view, they may not worry about the comments on this forum as they do have a large market outside of T-BHP as well, but the point is if they are serious about the launch they could have very well launched it long ago.

Anyways, i am also out of Linea. Don't really want to take a chance with them and regret later. Only reason most of us are angry with Fiat is since they had a wonderful product and we were seriously considering it, but i guess it is not worth anymore with all these tamasha.

I am sure a Maruti or Honda or Toyota are certainly committed to their product and the Indian market, and they will be around even after the downturn, irrespective of their ability to sell volumes or not during the downturn.

Bye bye Fiat.
Old 24th December 2008, 15:56   #244
Senior - BHPian

I can understand the frustration of prospective car buyers like opendro who were seriously considering Fiat Linea, but got fedup with the delayed launch.

As I have mentioned earlier too, it took a while for Fiat to start manufacturing Linea in India, a year back, Fiat managment had said it will launch Linea by mid-2008, G Punto by end-2008, but it was only by Oct'2008, they was ready for the production for Linea & they announced a launch date of 16-Dec.
Then as we know, the Mumbai terror attacks happened, and their Indian partner's employees too were victims of that dastardly attacks, respecting everyone's sentiments, they rightly decided to postpone the launch to 14-Jan.
And this date holds good atleast to me.

I hope we can understand the same.
It will be definitly worth the month-long wait.

Last edited by finneyp : 24th December 2008 at 15:58.
Old 24th December 2008, 15:57   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
People who have come from other planets again, .........

If people keep arguing, even Linea is a Grande Punto with a boot. That is not the point. They had a car with production model right from October 2006 and they launched it in mid 2007 in other markets. All they had to do was to reproduce the same here, for which they took till mid 2008. That is all fine. But they didn't launch the car even after they were industrially ready for launch, not delayed by a few weeks, but by four months!!!

Ok. Guys. Support the delay as much as you can. I'm out of these useless Linea threads. I'm done with it (unsubscribing all of them and not going to read again).
Whats up with you and other planets? Last few posts of yours has some bad tone, which can not be accepted.
Also posting same old half truths again and again doesn't make you correct.
If you are out of this useless thread, good riddance. I don't think anyone is going to miss you.

Sorry mods, if my post sounds rude, please read it in context.
Old 24th December 2008, 16:21   #246
BHPian

Fiat o Fiat.

No one understands that Fiat is busy manufacturing MJD engines and selling it to Maruti/Tata/ and as exports. MJD engine production is the major operation Fiat is into. Selling its cars is an added benifit to market its engine.
Old 24th December 2008, 16:56   #247
BHPian

Wow ritz
For most companies it's the other way around. selling cars is the major operation & exporting engines is market benefit. Anyway let's not get into this,u've had your share of criticism
Ps-acc. to you,is the linea a 'real car'? sorry,no offence, just couldn't resist
Old 24th December 2008, 16:57   #248
BHPian

I'm amazed by people on this forum who have started talking about people from difft planets, WoW how kiddish one can become!!

I hope the launch happens in jan, but that doesn't mean that if it happens in Oct 09 or it doesn't happen, I'm going to start throwing stones everywhere or just start shooting at the dark. I would go buy a difft car of my choice.There is absolutely no need to make a fuss about this and start all this on a forum, which really doesnt help, one line switching from Fiat to Honda could do it all.

Most of the companies are in real bad shape, this goes well with Maruti, Tata, Honda, Suzuki, Nissan, Toyota, GM, Fiat, Renault, Citroen..all be it Indian or not.
Old 24th December 2008, 17:10   #249
BHPian

Guys,

The Linea is scheduled for 14th Jan 2009 launch. Just got it confirmed with Fiat India.
Old 24th December 2008, 17:14   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post

Most of the companies are in real bad shape, this goes well with Maruti, Tata, Honda, Suzuki, Nissan, Toyota, GM, Fiat, Renault, Citroen..all be it Indian or not.
well if the car is ready (which most of us believe it is... so many auto mag journos and all have said it so many times already) then why delay. That is what most of us are wondering. The reasons being propounded around by real Fiat fans and their management (mumbai attacks, economy down etc) are not really convincing.

And as you say companies in bad shape but there is no reason absolutely to believe that economy is going to turn around in 1 month (in Jan). If anything IMF economists are predicting even gloomier times ahead (worse economic conditions in 2009 compared to 2008).

Anyway its Fiat's car and its their prerogative when to launch it. If you look at India generally Nov or dec is bumper marriage time and lot of people buy things like car at this time. It would have been great if Fiat could have launched it in nov or even in oct (just like Honda did with ANHC). Hondas are smart dont you think. Think how much money they have made in last 2 months (when most of the time they even didnt had the car). Lot of it could have been cornered by Fiat if only...

Last edited by joslicx : 24th December 2008 at 17:15.
Old 24th December 2008, 23:34   #251
BHPian

I dont understand why so much of frustration. Linea will be here on jan 14th. thats confirmed. flashed on the websites. confirmed with dealers. tbhp members are getting mailers.

Fiat knows it has a very good product in its hand whether they launch in in Dec or Jan. people who want to buy will wait & buy.

Fiat atleast have the courtesy that they flashed the launch date on their website. but I dont see any launch dates on either hyundai or mahindra xylo website. then how we say we cannot trust Fiat?

Anyways people prefer to buy cars in Jan thats why Dec is the slowest month for auto makers.

I dont see any reason for so much of frustration and I am happy waiting for Linea till Jan 14.

Last edited by ajnagpur : 24th December 2008 at 23:35. Reason: spelling
Old 25th December 2008, 01:35   #252
BHPian

Cool guys
Can Mods. Pls lock this thread for further discussions until linea really gets launched,
Old 25th December 2008, 09:06   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
I dont understand why so much of frustration. Linea will be here on jan 14th. thats confirmed. flashed on the websites. confirmed with dealers. tbhp members are getting mailers.
Wasnt Dec 16 also a confirmed date at one time? Whats the reason to believe Jan 14 will be respected? The frustration is because people clearly like the car but are not getting it in India!!!

Quote:
Fiat knows it has a very good product in its hand whether they launch in in Dec or Jan. people who want to buy will wait & buy.
Lot of people will also get fed up if delays continue and buy something else. Also as I said, Nov-Dec is Diwali and marriage season. Cars are bought during this time. Fiat lost out on many customers already.

Quote:
Fiat atleast have the courtesy that they flashed the launch date on their website. but I dont see any launch dates on either hyundai or mahindra xylo website. then how we say we cannot trust Fiat?
Whats the point of flashing date that wasnt respected. They have again reverted back to Coming Soon, that was the status for last 1 year or so... So again your confirmed date is gone...
Old 25th December 2008, 09:19   #254
Senior - BHPian

I guess we are wasting time & space discusing the same stuff again & again.

Mods: Please do the needful.
Old 25th December 2008, 10:51   #255
BHPian

Just received new scoop from one of the Tata dealers in chennai, Fiat launch of Linea may be posponed indefinetly due to raising tensions bet India & Pakistan it seems they will wait for the war to end or wait & watch the current tensions bet the two neighbours.
Closed Thread