Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 26th July 2013, 10:38   #871
BHPian

Default Re: Karnataka Road Tax, Crack down announced.EDIT: High Court Judgement on Pg 36 atta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Last year I had seen them here, it was around 10- 10.30 AM
Thanks and how about the Sarjapur road?
Old 26th July 2013, 19:35   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Karnataka Road Tax, Crack down announced.EDIT: High Court Judgement on Pg 36 atta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Thanks and how about the Sarjapur road?
On Sarjapur road ORR junction near the left towads sun city. Nowdays have seen traffic police with checking bikes there (not related to KA tax).
This year have not read about anycheck at both Sarjapur road and Kundanahalli junction yet. Hope apart from Meenakshi mall checking has not started anywhere.
Old 26th July 2013, 21:56   #873
BHPian

A few weeks back, they were set up on a couple of week days in front of Kristal Beryl on Bannerghatta Road (between Gottigere and Kalena Agrahara).
Old 7th August 2013, 14:42   #874
BHPian

Another favorite spot for RTO is the St-Johns hospital to Jakkasandra road. They are seen just before the signal @ krupanidhi college ( where you take right to madivala market)
Old 11th August 2013, 12:21   #875
BHPian

If the car was initially purchased in 1999, its 14 years old now.
You mentioned paying tax in 2008 -it was 9 years old then.

Why are you counting its age as 12 years then?

If you paid Lifetime tax in 2008 - that is fine. However, if you did not change the registration to KA within 12 months, you will have to pay penalty at 1% per month for that duration.

I am assuming that the ex showroom price of your Matiz back in 1999 was 3 lacs. As of today the applicable road tax on this 14 year old car will be calculated as follows: 300000x29%x14.3%= Rs. 12,441

I am not a fan of paying to agents but it sounds like you need to find someone in the RTO office who can explain why you need to pay 30k or you need the help of an agent who will get it all done for much less sinceyou have paid lifetime tax in KA already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrin View Post
I have a different problem. I brought my old Matiz from Kerala as I had shifted to Karnataka. Got the NOC from Kerala,first applied for change of address in RTO Bangalore. I paid the life time tax again in Karnataka as assessed by them. My life time tax in Kerala was not refunded. That is another story.
Now when I went for change in registration to KA number after 6 months,RTO quoted some audit objections and new rules and stated that ,I had to pay 30000 for registration to Karnataka number.(Registration based on 1999 car value in 2008). Imagine registering a car 12 year old in another state for Rs 30000 registration fee.

The kind hearted RTO official told me they are helpless.He informally advised me to keep running the car with other state registration and show the life tax paid receipt,if stopped by Police. This is happening thrice a month.

Now comes the crunch. The car would need reregistration after 15 years. Which cannot be done as it is not changed to state registration. I cannot take it to Kerala either as I do not have a base there.
In effect the fine running Matiz with just 50k kilometers has to be scrapped to yard.
Can anyone think of a solution?
Old 11th August 2013, 12:25   #876
BHPian

Nowadays you cant really be sure about their location. They roam around the entire city and stop wherever they like. They check around almost every IT park/ SEZ. RTO checking in North Bangalore was very limited earlier, now they are seen regularly outside Manyata Business Park on ORR, I know a good few people have been caught in the service lane there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Another favorite spot for RTO is the St-Johns hospital to Jakkasandra road. They are seen just before the signal @ krupanidhi college ( where you take right to madivala market)
Old 29th August 2013, 11:45   #877
BHPian

Today ToI reported that 17 crores collected in Bangalore alone as part of this drive in last two years.
Should be enough to close a few potholes

Source

Quote:
The transport department has fined 3,543 two-wheelers and 2,275 cars and collected a whopping Rs 17.73 crore worth arrears from 2011 to July 2013 in Bangalore alone.
RakishRam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 12:26   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
Today ToI reported that 17 crores collected in Bangalore alone as part of this drive in last two years.

Source
One of those was a Rolls Royce that paid 60 Lakhs, the other fines will amount to a pittance. The PY registration crowd is still going strong, mostly high end cars which cops rarely stop. The RR had temp plates for a year by the way.

I have seen a car that costs about a crore run around with temp registration for nearly 3 months, then the owner gets a fancy PY number . I am sure this drive is restricted to people who can't call their uncle who is an MLA/MP. Thats why the locations are always near E-city or some other tech park.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 13:07   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
One of those was a Rolls Royce that paid 60 Lakhs, the other fines will amount to a pittance. The PY registration crowd is still going strong, mostly high end cars which cops rarely stop. The RR had temp plates for a year by the way.

I have seen a car that costs about a crore run around with temp registration for nearly 3 months, then the owner gets a fancy PY number . I am sure this drive is restricted to people who can't call their uncle who is an MLA/MP. Thats why the locations are always near E-city or some other tech park.
Classic example of penny wise pound foolish. The guys who can afford to buy these luxury cars actually do these "dirty" tricks to save some money? When they are anyways spending a fortune on them do it the legal and right way!

The problem with our country is there is only LAW, ORDER is not there at all. It's time it is enforced!

Last edited by sumathindra : 29th August 2013 at 13:09. Reason: edits
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 14:52   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post

Source
Only 17cr in two years, that's it? It is not even worth the cost of manpower they have deployed all over the state for this purpose.

Roads are a different issue, despite paying the highest tax in the country, we get some of the worst roads to drive in India and I am saying this from experience - having driven all over India. Any half decent road in KA is a toll road.

Looks like all this tax money is simply used to hire more and more traffic policemen in Bangalore - who are seldom seen managing traffic, they just stop 100m after the signal and catch people to make a quick buck from them.
ff1609 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 23:25   #881
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Electronic city RTO (KA51) office shifted to new place which is nowhere near Electronic city. New office is at a deserted place off Bannerghatta Road/near Vijaya Bank colony.

Name:  RTO 512.jpg
Views: 5076
Size:  200.9 KB

Attached is the GPS coordinates for the new office.

Karnataka Road Tax, Crack down announced.EDIT: High Court Judgement on Pg 36 attached-rto-51.png

Mods: Please move to relevant thread.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th September 2013 at 11:46. Reason: edited TAGS
coolclouds is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 10:20   #882
BHPian

And I was always under the impression that KA-51 was the RTO for Bannerghatta, Bangalore District and it was just that Electronic City came under it's jurisdiction !
Old 4th September 2013, 10:49   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Bangalore Electronic city RTO (KA51) office shifted to new place which is nowhere near Electronic city. New office is at a deserted place off Bannerghatta Road/near Vijaya Bank colony.

Attached is the GPS coordinates for the new office. [ATTACH]Attachment 1133611[/ATTACH]
Its very close to where I am staying currently. Those who wanted to come to RTO office and don't know the route properly, follow this direction. In BG road, after Arekere signal towards Bannerghatta, you can see one more Honeywell on your left side, followed by Shahi exports buildings. After this, there is a big (double road) left turn just after the Maruti Magnolia School. Take this left and follow the road till dead end, on this road you can see Anant Cars Workshop on left side, Shirdi Sai Temple on the right side at the dead end. Once you reached dead end, take left, move around 200mtr, and take right at the 4 road junction towards Devarchickana Halli. The RTO office is in your left side on this road.

There are many short and alternate routes, but this will be the one without confusions.
Old 4th September 2013, 11:19   #884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Bangalore Electronic city RTO (KA51) office shifted to new place which is nowhere near Electronic city.
If i am right, earlier they were at Hosa road. So this is why they are not seen before HP, EC1 these days.
Old 4th September 2013, 11:37   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
If i am right, earlier they were at Hosa road. So this is why they are not seen before HP, EC1 these days.
Yes, they were at Hosa Road earlier. I saw their old building yesterday evening and the boards are erased.

Caution: Carry photos/stationery/xeroxes or whatsoever needed as nothing available nearby.
coolclouds is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread