Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd December 2008, 13:58   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post

3rd: MARUTI SWIFT DEZIRE: Guess the only things desirable of the car are (a) the astonishingly efficient diesel engine and (b) the boot that promotes it to the "sedan" category. Never ever witnessed a greater design blunder officially rolling out of the factory of any car manufacturer. I guess MARUTI and TATA have to be aware that the entire world is witness to their creativity.
Vikas
I agree!! Swift Dezire looks like Maruti engineers were playing a game, ramming a Zen Estillo at high speed into the back of a Swift. The heat generated in the impact melted the Estillo to form the boot!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:11   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I think most of the good looking cars in India were never topped the sales charts. But this is how things are in our country. cheers:
Well, we can draw an analogy from the fact that most people in India prefer to marry a girl who cooks and maintains the house well rather than one who is a Miss India!
After all, beauty is only skin deep!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:05   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I agree!! Swift Dezire looks like Maruti engineers were playing a game, ramming a Zen Estillo at high speed into the back of a Swift. The heat generated in the impact melted the Estillo to form the boot!
Maruti is good in welding. In future, maruti will display Dzire boot as part of accessories list. All maruti owners of 800/Alto/estilo/wagonr can opt to fix it to their car.

But, Dzire doesnt look that bad. Except for those small wheels.

ritz830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:31   #79
Senior - BHPian

ritz830,
It depends on the angle that you are looking at. From the front, the Dzire looks awesome! Its the side profile that is completely messed up.. and guess that's what matters
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:40   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Well, we can draw an analogy from the fact that most people in India prefer to marry a girl who cooks and maintains the house well rather than one who is a Miss India!
After all, beauty is only skin deep!
That is really true, And its costly to own a real sedan (Ms. India ). Life is a compromise dude. And when home grown mechanic Maruti is around, its gonna be a pleasant ride for us all

Last edited by ritz830 : 23rd December 2008 at 23:46.
Old 24th December 2008, 00:07   #81
Team-BHP Support

I expected Logan to be the clear winner here.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 11:30   #82
Senior - BHPian

About Dezire only it would have been OK if Maruti Engineers have not gone for that so called high deck boot.

I wonder if people don't like Dezire then how come they like Swift ? Doen't it look like a fat bottomed middle aged lady with evil grin.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 11:40   #83
BHPian

Is nt the only saving grace of the dzire its rear? I always thought that thats the only part of the car that actually looks nice! I think the problem with the car is the roof curving downwards from the rear door mirrors on both sides. While this looks good on the swift, this curve doesnt suit the saloon version. Maruti probably would have probably had a fantastic looking car if they had rectified this design.
For all you guys who keep saying the dzires backside looks ugly, come on guys, thats the only reason why the car seems bearable!!
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 13:05   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Is nt the only saving grace of the dzire its rear? I always thought that thats the only part of the car that actually looks nice! I think the problem with the car is the roof curving downwards from the rear door mirrors on both sides. While this looks good on the swift, this curve doesnt suit the saloon version. Maruti probably would have probably had a fantastic looking car if they had rectified this design.
For all you guys who keep saying the dzires backside looks ugly, come on guys, thats the only reason why the car seems bearable!!

For me, the DZire rear end and front end are not that bad, if taken separately. It seems that the two ends came from two different cars, and they just refuse to merge together!
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 14:27   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Is nt the only saving grace of the dzire its rear?.....
Very true. Looks wise the rear is elegant.

Swift is a performance car. So forget the looks plzzz
Old 24th December 2008, 16:40   #86
BHPian

My vote goes for the Sumo Grande
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 20:56   #87
BHPian

i think i can safely say i completely disagree with all the cars mentioned in the first post! a dzire i can understand and maybe indigo since they are just add on boot jobs. but hyundai verna is one of my most admired styled cars.
vishalpipraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 22:12   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalpipraiya View Post
i think i can safely say i completely disagree with all the cars mentioned in the first post! a dzire i can understand and maybe indigo since they are just add on boot jobs. but hyundai verna is one of my most admired styled cars.
There you go! someone who agrees that the verna doesnt go on that list!!! Come on all you verna owners. Stand up and fight for our beautiful car!
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote