Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 8th January 2009, 21:11   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I had this friend who booked diesel swift and driving diesel first time. He complained that it was not pulling enough at 40kmph in fifth gear, which he used to comfortably do in small petrol cars.
I had a similar problem while test driving A-star. I had to down shift from 2 to 1st to get the acceleration going. This happened while I was at a speed of 20kmph
Old 8th January 2009, 21:14   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
So the site has moved on from teaser mode. Good find!

Also there is a COTY badge!
The site looks more of a diagramatic representation. Can't they build a better one
Old 8th January 2009, 21:18   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The site looks more of a diagramatic representation. Can't they build a better one
I think the site will be complete only after the official launch. Till then it will be the black and white skeleton
They have used the concept of Linea nicely in the site. Everything starts from a line.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:36   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I think the site will be complete only after the official launch. Till then it will be the black and white skeleton
They have used the concept of Linea nicely in the site. Everything starts from a line.
I know you are right, probably just that i want that side to be updated ASAP.
Old 8th January 2009, 22:34   #380
Senior - BHPian

Linea sedan to cost Rs 6.20-8 lakh- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Price confirmation.
Old 8th January 2009, 22:35   #381
Senior - BHPian

39000 page views, and growing - isnt it proof enough that even non fiat fans are in some way liking fiat and their cars? BTW the linea has been declared COTY by autocar which in itself a testimony and a chance for FIAT to revive themselves. Now only if they could up-grade their service overtures, we've got a company who can be third time lucky!
Old 8th January 2009, 22:37   #382
Senior - BHPian

interestingly, will 90% localization mean that the car could cheaper by 2010? if my bet is as good as yours, it will be yes!

my sincere advise to people wanting to buy this sedan. Give them six months time. this also means tata guys learn how to deal with problems this car can pose (nothing is rosy in this world you see) and hopefully handling linea and its service would be real easy after this time.
Old 8th January 2009, 23:25   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

What a horrible site.

All Flash and no content. I had to wait 30 seconds before I could even 'skip' the intro.
Old 8th January 2009, 23:57   #384
BHPian

I am sorry i wrote it wrong i had meant fiatlinea.in.Anyways i checked out the car at jamshedpur based asl motors and they are telling that the car is being launched on the 12th of this month.
Old 9th January 2009, 00:02   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Actually, right now I am thinking if I should stop commuting to office by Car.
What? Your Palio isnt running anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
In that case, you would have bought the Indica Vista.
Nope I bought a Fiat 1100. Its 54 years old, but it will still go faster than your Fiat and on less fuel too!
Old 9th January 2009, 00:23   #386
BHPian

Guys,

There may be a third engine soon. I read this on the ToI. Could it be the 120bhp T-Jet engine? Hope so.

Quote:
The company which expects to sell 2,500 units in the first few months, has an installed capacity of two lakh cars and three lakh power trains annually.
Old 9th January 2009, 01:07   #387
Senior - BHPian

I find it surprising that Linea was included in the list. Just as BSM COTY award looks flawed, so does ACI COTY.

But then, ACI had special 60+ pages edition for AHNC and not for Linea. So I doubt if Fiat has doctored the results as some people would like to think here.

Having said that, if Linea indeed was launched in 2008, most likely it would have been worthy contender for the COTY award.

Last edited by RX135 : 9th January 2009 at 01:09.
Old 9th January 2009, 01:32   #388
BHPian

Adding Linea Into the ICOTY was totally uncalled for, come on it's getting launched only on the second week of 2009, something is fishy.Also during my training for the Linea,we were shown a video of None other than Mr.Hormzad Sorabjee stating some obvious things about the Linea for almost half hour. So does anyone want to guess what happened at the COTY ?

THE ICOTY WAS TOTALLY RIGGED
Old 9th January 2009, 01:52   #389
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
39000 page views, and growing - isnt it proof enough that even non fiat fans are in some way liking fiat and their cars?
I am indifferent - neither a Fiat fan nor a Fiat foe. This was till I saw TBHP. Ever since then I've been glued to TBHP (understatement), and have been following all posts and threads on ANHC & Linea. Needless to day, Linea has consistently generated more interests on TBHP that any other car or launches in India followed by ANHC. This is my experience over the last 6 months or so.

Until Linea is officially launched Fiat could have done well to say "Linea - awaited with bated breath!" on their teaser website
Old 9th January 2009, 03:00   #390
BHPian

Saw this thread and got hooked, read all the posts, none the less Linea has caused lot of ripples here on TBHP and Indian automobile scenario.
Though it looks impressive on paper, actual test would be done when rubber will the roads.
Closed Thread