Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


View Poll Results: Car of the Year 2009
Audi A4 12 4.35%
Chevrolet Captiva 5 1.81%
Fiat 500 6 2.17%
Fiat Linea 87 31.52%
Honda Accord 11 3.99%
Honda City 57 20.65%
Hyundai i20 18 6.52%
Maruti A-Star 9 3.26%
Maruti Swift Dzire 16 5.80%
Mercedes Benz C Class 4 1.45%
Mitsubishi Outlander 3 1.09%
Skoda Fabia 3 1.09%
Tata Indica Vista 30 10.87%
Tata Sumo Grande 1 0.36%
Toyota Corolla Altis 13 4.71%
Volkswagen Jetta 1 0.36%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 15:57   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Honda fanboy or not, anyone including diabloo can go and TD a ANHC and vote for it (or against it). I have counted a sum total of two people talking about an actual TD of the Linea. It is upto the 68 others to explain why they voted for it.
What is the reason for an explanation???. Second, just because someone has not talked about it, it is presumptuous to assume that they may have not taken a TD or talked to someone who has taken a TD or read reviews.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:59   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,254
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Guys please cool down, quality and respect would go down in this Forum If members keep arguing without putting end to it.

Linea should not have come into the Poll because its not launched yet. Everyone knows this but lets give time to Fiat fans

I hate Maruti and still baught Alto keeping long term goal in my mind.

About ACI and TBHP members ruling Linea best car may be it has come by influance and emotion respectively.

Linea is very good Sedan but it all depends on how best TATA/Fiat price/market it. Its good that at least before launch Linea is getting lot of value/respect, lets appreciate it.

About making indirect/direct statements and MODs have not entered this thread shows every group need leader, I think its time for that!

Regards,

Ravi.

PS Every car has its own plus and minus things, Lets not confuse potential buyer who would browse TBHP for choosing cars. It make sense to lock this thread for now and re open once Linea is launched and allow members to vote again and change their vote after price/details TD report comes in. Please remember I am not fan of any brand, I like TATA's ride, Toyota's quality, MUL's economy so I am planning to buy all 3 and exchange parts each other. So in 2010 my car would win car of the year !!

Last edited by ravibhat : 9th January 2009 at 16:05.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 16:00   #138
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Atleast I didn't start this joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
It's amazing that you haven't realised what a joke you have become thanks to your silly posts on this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Fiat Linea in the list is 'Joke of the Poll' .
All members include Fiat fans too.
Quote:
The thread may have been started by a Fiat fan but voting is done by all members.
Because you referred to ACI in your post.
Quote:
Why are you making a noise about ACI over here?
Assumptions can be anything.
Quote:
What nonsense and utter crap!
Least is seeing a car physically on road. Not in some picture on Internet.
Quote:
I asked the question of what does seeing a car mean
Also nobody takes the word of Fiat fans seriously.
Quote:
When it comes to Honda, no one here takes what you write seriously.
I am not question the result of the poll. What I want to know how someone not qualified, is contesting the poll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
This is a poll (which is subjective as opposed to a definite answer, say 2+1= only one answer), and people have different opinions. It is beyond my understanding why should people should not appreciate that.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 16:17   #139
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
SkyWalker,...

Are truly great people. Without having even looking at the car in real, they have declared it the car of the year. Kudos guys!
Since you have put my name, Let me tell you that you are very wrong. I have seen the car, sat in it & read quite a lot about it before i voted.

Of course if we want to distribute some licenses here for voting , that's fine

And since we are into declarations, let me tell you i find this post of yours in very bad taste.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 16:26   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I have seen it. I have TDed it. Now can I vote for Linea sir?
Have you taken the permission from Sir 'DCEite' ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I agree mate.. mods please don't allow this overzealous kid to litter nonsense, meaningless messages on this board


I couldn't agree more... I sat on the car (linea) yesterday in one of TATA showroom yesterday and was utterly pleased with the looks, build and interior qualities.. and that factors alone are enough to vote Linea
Can you tell me mate which TATA showroom you have seen it, is it the Aone motors near apollo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Honda fanboy or not, anyone including diabloo can go and TD a ANHC and vote for it (or against it). I have counted a sum total of two people talking about an actual TD of the Linea. It is upto the 68 others to explain why they voted for it.
Though i dont feel the need to explain still my explanation can be seen in my previous posts when i voted for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
What is the reason for an explanation???. Second, just because someone has not talked about it, it is presumptuous to assume that they may have not taken a TD or talked to someone who has taken a TD or read reviews.
Absolutely right. You do not have to fly a Boeing 707 or sit in it to appreciate it. There are people who have done the same and you can see the specifications and the reviews to know if its good or not.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 16:34   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,044
Thanked: 475 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Have you taken the permission from Sir 'DCEite' ?
You don't have to take my permission Harry sir, but yes, using your own commonsense while voting would help all the forum members in general.
Thanks.

Last edited by DCEite : 9th January 2009 at 16:43.
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 16:46   #142
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
What is the reason for an explanation???. Second, just because someone has not talked about it, it is presumptuous to assume that they may have not taken a TD or talked to someone who has taken a TD or read reviews.
I was replying to amit's post.

As for your post, the point is that you cannot TD this car until tomorrow (I believe). And tomorrow is in 2009 (unless you have a time machine). You cannot take delivery of one in 2008 (again, unless you have a time machine). The whole premise of the car's inclusion in the post is bogus. The probability of someone voting for the ANHC after having actually TDed it is much higher compared to the probability that someone who has voted for the Linea. And let's not get all Honda bashy-bashy here - FIAT fans are easily as much as or more vociferous, voracious and vitriolic when defending their brand as Honda fan in the other corner. Yes, I did watch V for Vendetta. Sue me.

Anyway, going by that reasoning, let me introduce the Honda FCX Clarity which will become common place in... 2011 maybe? I crown it Car of the Year 2009 because I have read good things about and saw a great film about it on Top Gear. Oh you say, it isn't released here yet? Who cares right?

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 9th January 2009 at 16:51.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 17:30   #143
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,164
Thanked: 1,635 Times
Default

Well, its just a tbhp-poll. And if the past is any indication, the results would be very far removed from how the poll-winner actually fares in the poll that really matters ie. the market, where customers vote with their wallets and not by a click of their mouse. So, what's the big deal anyway ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ
the point is that you cannot TD this car until tomorrow (I believe). And tomorrow is in 2009 (unless you have a time machine). You cannot take delivery of one in 2008 (again, unless you have a time machine). The whole premise of the car's inclusion in the post is bogus.
Summed up well. Including a car that was not available in 2008 in the poll, was a wrong decision. Maybe the thread-starter was not aware of the mistake. If so, the mods could have stepped in and removed it from the poll. And we could have avoided all these arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ
And let's not get all Honda bashy-bashy here - FIAT fans are easily as much as or more vociferous, voracious and vitriolic when defending their brand as Honda fan in the other corner.
So true.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th January 2009 at 17:33.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 17:31   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
You don't have to take my permission Harry sir, but yes, using your own commonsense while voting would help all the forum members in general.
Thanks.
I never knew we use someone else's commonsense while voting. All these years i thought its mine! Thanks for the enlightment
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 17:38   #145
BHPian
 
car'zy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Ooops, I was off the forum for a while and this has scaled new hieghts! Frankly, my vote was cast after quite a bit of thought and deliberation. I'm a past Ford Owner and a could-be Mitusibishi Owner. I had no interest, vested or otherwise, in seeing Fiat win! Now, I'm surprised with some of the comments from members (who seem like Honda fans) here and I wish the Linea wins!!

As for the Linea voters here, I think its best to shut up and stop answering 'Diabloo'ical comments! ( I, too can take snide shots, its nobodys perogative here!) I'm sure we will know the winner when the poll is closed!

Last edited by car'zy : 9th January 2009 at 17:42.
car'zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 17:52   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

I'm sorry if the poll caused a bit of confusion.

The Linea was included in ACI's list of cars launched in 2008 and so I assumed that the linea was actually launched in 2008. I also remember looking at a thread where a couple of people had already booked the car.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 18:11   #147
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Oh ACI, not again
No wonder Honda Civic Hybrid didn't make it to their faulty list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
The Linea was included in ACI's list of cars launched in 2008
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 18:40   #148
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Chill Amit
When did i ridicule the car, maker and people, anywhere in this whole thread?
Request you to read your post again. It was very sarcastic and instead of criticizing the choice, the post criticized the people who made the choice and therein lies the issue.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Diabloo, I am sick and tired of your stupid and silly posts that make no absolutely no sense. It's amazing that you haven't realised what a joke you have become thanks to your silly posts on this thread.
Lets avoid personal attacks please! We can have a healthy and vigorous debate without calling names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
This is a poll (which is subjective as opposed to a definite answer, say 2+1= only one answer), and people have different opinions. It is beyond my understanding why should people should not appreciate that.
Thank you. Finally, something sensible.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
As for your post, the point is that you cannot TD this car until tomorrow (I believe). And tomorrow is in 2009 (unless you have a time machine). You cannot take delivery of one in 2008 (again, unless you have a time machine).
And therein lies the assumption that one must TD the car before voting. It is this assumption that I am questioning (and Vasudeva did too in his post).
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 18:45   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,088
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Whoa! Common guys! Chill down.

A trash that this thread has become with freestyle mud-slinging, abuses and personal attacks, is good enough to undermine credibility of the entire forum.

First of all, Linea should not have been in this poll, which is fine.

But, then even if it is here, is the sky falling on our heads? Afterall, the car is tested, seen on roads for last 1 year, prices and specifications are out. Just the curiosity-hype-interest it has generated surely points to its credibility.

If you don't like it in the list or if you think poll is faulty, don't participate in it, or if you have serious objection, report it to MODS. Isn't it that simple?

This is not a Fiat forum like PUG and for every Fiat fan boy here, there should be even more Honda/Hyundai/Maruti fan boys considering number of cars sold by these companies. Many guys, who voted for Linea (I didn't), own cars other than Fiat, so it's inappropriate to brand them all as Fiat Fan boys.

I feel sorry for you, Khanak!
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 19:19   #150
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Whoa! Common guys! Chill down.

If you don't like it in the list or if you think poll is faulty, don't participate in it, or if you have serious objection, report it to MODS. Isn't it that simple?

Many guys, who voted for Linea (I didn't), own cars other than Fiat, so it's inappropriate to brand them all as Fiat Fan boys.

I feel sorry for you, Khanak!
You are right. I am not a Fiat fan or any Brand fan. My signature speaks i had never owned a Fiat car. I just love cars starting from First gen Honda City till Linea. Just voted Linea because i feel its the most sensible choice in C segment at the moment with the kind of looks and features its providing + the mileage which am sure will be atleast 15kmpl if not above.

Entirely my opinion though.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New year, New car..and now, a member of Team-BHP NOX Introduce yourself 3 13th January 2015 21:04
Team-BHP New car launch of the Year 2008 khanak The Indian Car Scene 119 8th January 2009 16:07
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03
Team-BHP Manufacturer of the Year 2008 khanak The Indian Car Scene 65 23rd January 2008 22:48
Hyderabad Team-BHP Meet-Jan' 2008: 1st Drive-And-Meet of the year guyonblackybx The Team-BHP Meet Section 50 17th January 2008 12:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks