Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


View Poll Results: Car of the Year 2009
Audi A4 12 4.35%
Chevrolet Captiva 5 1.81%
Fiat 500 6 2.17%
Fiat Linea 87 31.52%
Honda Accord 11 3.99%
Honda City 57 20.65%
Hyundai i20 18 6.52%
Maruti A-Star 9 3.26%
Maruti Swift Dzire 16 5.80%
Mercedes Benz C Class 4 1.45%
Mitsubishi Outlander 3 1.09%
Skoda Fabia 3 1.09%
Tata Indica Vista 30 10.87%
Tata Sumo Grande 1 0.36%
Toyota Corolla Altis 13 4.71%
Volkswagen Jetta 1 0.36%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 15:14   #121
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Talking

Anything can happen in Fiat thread .
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
^^ Coming from a Dist' BHPian
I think he did a good job showing the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by car'zy View Post
I thought a distinguished BHP'ian is supposed to show the way!
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:25   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
ajayr, ajnagpur, aks_karthik, amaan, anachronix, architect, bhanusrinivas, bhp1, car'zy, Comrade, coolbareilly, crn12, cruiser_1982, deccangroove, dude131, Ferrari1976, finneyp, gaurav911, GeekSrik, gr8guzzler, greatDrive, HappyGoLucky, harry10, hashcode, hondadude, hrishig, kiren, krish3, lamborghini, manoj_joseph78, maverickxx2006, ms001, nitinralli, ntranced, okvinu, pawan_pullarwar, penpavan, Puffdamgcdragon, Rach, rajen83, RakishRam, ram.west, Sacrosanct, safari_lover, sanku, sanstorm, sathee46, shabahmad, Shaddow.Fax, shantyrocks, shineshine, SilentEngine, sj_koova, SkyWalker, sridharp77, sriramv.iyer, sukrit7, SumitBahl, superbhikari, Superleggera, swami, swifts, tez, tinkywinky, vikasb, wannabe loser, windsurfer

Are truly great people. Without having even looking at the car in real, they have declared it the car of the year. Kudos guys!
This is in extremely poor taste.

Instead of ridiculing the car, the maker and the people who voted for it why doesn't the forum take responsiblity? The Mods had all the time to remove the Linea from the list above if they thought that it doesn't deserve to be included this year. Why didn't they do it? Maybe you should include the mods in your list above. But you wouldn't do that for obvious reasons.

We flame ACI for including the Linea this year but team-bhp has done the same.

I don't understand why the Linea winning the poll here is such a bad thing? If ACI crowns the car as COTY it's because the whole thing was rigged. If the car wins the poll on this forum then it's because people are blind and biased. Stop behaving like kids. I agree that Linea shouldn't be in this years list but if it was officially launched then what do you think would have happened? Yes, the Linea would have won the poll easily.

- 44 people voted for the ANHC. Have all of them seen it and expereinced it? Are all of those 44 people voting for the ANHC doing it because they are unbiased? Are'nt some of them not Honda fanboys. I know that at least one among the 44 voters in that list is a blind Honda fan.

- 10 people voted for the A4. Did all of them see it? I have seen 2 A4's driving by on the roads so far. Does that mean I am qualified enough to vote for it?

Last edited by amit : 9th January 2009 at 15:37.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:33   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
ajayr, ajnagpur, aks_karthik, amaan, anachronix, architect, bhanusrinivas, bhp1, car'zy, Comrade, coolbareilly, crn12, cruiser_1982, deccangroove, dude131, Ferrari1976, finneyp, gaurav911, GeekSrik, gr8guzzler, greatDrive, HappyGoLucky, harry10, hashcode, hondadude, hrishig, kiren, krish3, lamborghini, manoj_joseph78, maverickxx2006, ms001, nitinralli, ntranced, okvinu, pawan_pullarwar, penpavan, Puffdamgcdragon, Rach, rajen83, RakishRam, ram.west, Sacrosanct, safari_lover, sanku, sanstorm, sathee46, shabahmad, Shaddow.Fax, shantyrocks, shineshine, SilentEngine, sj_koova, SkyWalker, sridharp77, sriramv.iyer, sukrit7, SumitBahl, superbhikari, Superleggera, swami, swifts, tez, tinkywinky, vikasb, wannabe loser, windsurfer

Are truly great people. Without having even looking at the car in real, they have declared it the car of the year. Kudos guys!
AS my name is there i should be commenting but i dont feel child like comments are worthy of my counter comments so will pass this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car'zy View Post
I have been all proper on this forum till now, but then reckless posts/sarcasm like this dissappoint!

You would be better adviced to mind your writing here!! I'm included in the list above and I have seen the car! I take serious exception to that, you have no business judging for others - there could very well have been some here who have voted without seeing the car, but that doesnt justify sweeping comments like above.

And, I guess you are dissappointed, but as a distinguished member of this wonderful forum - we would expect some sort of decorum and a more restrained/measured post from the likes of you!
On the mark mate. But i guess some people no matter how much distinguished fail to appreciate other people's opinion as they are too clouded in their preconceived notions.

Btw if such comments make you a Distinguished member am so glad am not one!

Last edited by harry10 : 9th January 2009 at 15:38.
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:34   #124
BHPian
 
sathee46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 465
Thanked: 8 Times
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
i find it extremely funny that there are some people who voted for the car they have not even seen. There are no long term ownership reports, no extensive TD by any team-bhpian, nothing.
Car of the year for what?

Well, how did you come to that decision? Well I have seen one, been in it and also seen it on road! there might be no long term reports, well there are no long term reports of most of the cars in the list either. Though some might not have driven/seen the car, there are enough details about the car, the specs and some reviews as well. It is not possible for everyone of us here to have extensive TD's of the car and vote for it.

It's one's personal choice to vote, and that could be due to various reasons. I choose the car for the features and I feel it's VFM. IMHO Linea has all the goods to become COTY.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:36   #125
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

This poll was not started by TBHP. It was by a Fiat fan, for reasons unknown, included 'Linea'. And he missed "Honda Civic Hybrid' - India's 1st Hybrid car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
We flame ACI for including the Linea this year but team-bhp has done the same.
The question is why ACI considered Linea in 2008 list, in the first place.
Quote:
If ACI crowns a car as COTY it's because the whole thing was rigged. If the car wins the poll on this forum then it's because people are blind and biased. Stop behaving like kids.
Let us also assume Palio is launched. What will happen? Can Palio beat Linea?
Quote:
For a moment assume that the Linea as officially launched. What do you think would have happened? Yes, the Linea would have won the poll easily.
In fact all the voter have seen it. And only 44 voted for it.
Quote:
44 people voted for the ANHC. Have all of them seen it and expereinced it? Are all of those 44 people voting for the ANHC doing it because they are unbiased? Are all of them not Honda fanboys.
I believe so. Why will they vote without seeing or knowing about it? They are not fan boys
Quote:
10 people voted for the A4. Did all of them see it? I have seen 2 A4's driving by on the roads so far. Does that mean I am qualified enough to vote for it?

Last edited by diabloo : 9th January 2009 at 15:39.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:43   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

When did i mention anything about After sales, FIAT, Audi, BMW in my post? I only said, i find it extremely funny that there are some people who voted for the car they have not even seen. There are no long term ownership reports, no extensive TD by any team-bhpian, nothing.
Car of the year for what?
What do you believe are the criteria to vote on this thread ? You believe if a T-BHPian hasn't done an extensive TD, people shouldn't vote for the car.
About long term ownership, I would go to the other extreme and say that it is probably ludicrous to expect long term ownership reports for most of the cars which are eligible for "New Car Launch of 2008".
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:44   #127
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,043
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
This is in extremely poor taste.

Instead of ridiculing the car, the maker and the people who voted for it why doesn't the forum take responsiblity?
Chill Amit
When did i ridicule the car, maker and people, anywhere in this whole thread? I only said that i find it amusing that some people who have not even a seen the car, forget driven it or having any kind of ownership expereience, rate a car as "Car of the year".


Quote:
I don't understand why the Linea winning the poll is here is such a bad thing?
Who said its a bad thing. Infact, polls voted here by some over-enthusiastic members has never really represented the general perception of FIAT cars in India. The sales figures speak for themselves.
I personally would like to Linea do well. Ditto with FIAT. Or for that matter any other car manufacturer. I want FIAT to bring good cars and back it up with decent service, for the benefit of all. But that doesn't mean i will blindly vote for anything FIAT or remotely connected with it. This is a typical "fanboy" attitude, my friend.

Quote:
- 44 people voted for the ANHC. Have all of them seen it and expereinced it? Are all of those 44 people voting for the ANHC doing it because they are unbiased? Are'nt some of them not Honda fanboys. I know that at least one among the 44 voters in that list is a blind Honda fan.
I don't know about ANHC or A4. But i can tell you why I choose Swift DZire from the list. I have known ownership reports from my own circle of friends and relatives, who have owned and have driven the car, vouching for its superior fuel efficeiency, space, performance, and after sales. And my own experience of driving this car for 400 kms. Thats what compelled me to vote for it.

Do FIAT fans have a similar justification for voting?

What do the 70 odd people who voted here, know about the car, other than whats seen and heard in the Media and internet, or even a glance at the showroom?

Last edited by DCEite : 9th January 2009 at 15:53.
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:46   #128
Newbie
 
BillGates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
- 44 people voted for the ANHC. Have all of them seen it and expereinced it? Are all of those 44 people voting for the ANHC doing it because they are unbiased? Are'nt some of them not Honda fanboys. I know that at least one among the 44 voters in that list is a blind Honda fan.
Well more like, a 7 yrs kid, who insist his honda toy is above all other toys ..

Quote:
This poll was not started by TBHP. It was by a Fiat fan, for reasons unknown, included 'Linea'.
So what? why are you cribbing so hard? lol
BillGates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:47   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Diabloo, I am sick and tired of your stupid and silly posts that make no absolutely no sense. It's amazing that you haven't realised what a joke you have become thanks to your silly posts on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
This poll was not started by TBHP. It was by a Fiat fan, for reasons unknown, included 'Linea'.
The thread may have been started by a Fiat fan but voting is done by all members.

Quote:
The question is why ACI considered Linea in 2008 list, in the first place.
Why are you making a noise about ACI over here? ACI has a page where readers can write in with their comments. Write a letter to them about the same.

Quote:
Let us also assume Palio is launched. What will happen? Can Palio beat Linea?
What nonsense and utter crap!

Quote:
In fact all the voter have seen it. And only 44 voted for it.
I asked the question of what does seeing a car mean and you didn't get it so let me spell it out. Seeing a car drive by on the road, IMO, doesn't qualify anyone to vote for or against it. You have to touch and feel the car to know if it deserves to win. Are you telling me that all 44 voters have expereinced the ANHC up close and personal? Of course you will say yes. For you the world begins and ends with Honda. When it comes to Honda, no one here takes what you write seriously.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:51   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

This is a poll (which is subjective as opposed to a definite answer, say 2+1= only one answer), and people have different opinions. It is beyond my understanding why should people should not appreciate that.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:51   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,248
Thanked: 1,241 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

Do FIAT fans have a similar justification for voting?

What do the 70 odd people who voted here, know about the car, other than whats seen and heard in the Media and internet, or even a glance at the showroom?
I have seen it. I have TDed it. Now can I vote for Linea sir?
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:52   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Honda fanboy or not, anyone including diabloo can go and TD a ANHC and vote for it (or against it). I have counted a sum total of two people talking about an actual TD of the Linea. It is upto the 68 others to explain why they voted for it.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:53   #133
BHPian
 
greatDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 546
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Yes, I have not seen this car (linea) personally.
How may people voting here has voted who actually drove (test drove) all the cars in the list. If they can vote for some XYZ car, why not me. It would be really good to know how many TBHP have actually drove all these cars in the list.

I voted for this car just because of the features coming with this car on the price they are offering it for. It definitely looks a VFM product and looks way ahead of its competitor in its PRICE BAND
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:56   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Diabloo, I am sick and tired of your stupid and silly posts that make no absolutely no sense. It's amazing that you haven't realised what a joke you have become thanks to your silly posts on this thread.
....
What nonsense and utter crap!
...
I agree mate.. mods please don't allow this overzealous kid to litter nonsense, meaningless messages on this board

Quote:
I asked the question of what does seeing a car mean and you didn't get it so let me spell it out. Seeing a car drive by on the road, IMO, doesn't qualify anyone to vote for or against it. You have to touch and feel the car to know if it deserves to win. Are you telling me that all 44 voters have expereinced the ANHC up close and personal? Of course you will say yes. For you the world begins and ends with Honda. When it comes to Honda, no one here takes what you write seriously.
I couldn't agree more... I sat on the car (linea) yesterday in one of TATA showroom yesterday and was utterly pleased with the looks, build and interior qualities.. and that factors alone are enough to vote Linea
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:57   #135
BHPian
 
TheHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 125
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I'm loving it..Linea winning the poll. That itself explains how VFM this car is.
Let ppl get mad over Linea but the truth can not be wiped out
TheHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New year, New car..and now, a member of Team-BHP NOX Introduce yourself 3 13th January 2015 21:04
Team-BHP New car launch of the Year 2008 khanak The Indian Car Scene 119 8th January 2009 16:07
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03
Team-BHP Manufacturer of the Year 2008 khanak The Indian Car Scene 65 23rd January 2008 22:48
Hyderabad Team-BHP Meet-Jan' 2008: 1st Drive-And-Meet of the year guyonblackybx The Team-BHP Meet Section 50 17th January 2008 12:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks