Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 11th January 2009, 20:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice one. I have not heard about such face lift - new launch. But there seems to be a new Sparky & UVA with LPG during end of this year.
Old 11th January 2009, 20:53   #17
BHPian

IMO - this is not a replacement for the Chevy Spark but a new model. GM had commissioned a trio small car concept in 2007 - the 2 more popular versions were the Beat and Cruze.
They decided to put the Beat in production after it was the clear choice in the New York Auto Show (so I believe).

Here is a pic, Beat is in Green, Cruze is Black and I cant recollect the name of the 3rd concept.
Attached Images

Old 11th January 2009, 20:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
coming to india in fall 2009, here is the pic of the 2010 chevrolet spark, leaked onto many sites this morning.
How do we open rear door? I do not see any rear door handle

I am sure this is not a final design, If we place a handle on rear door and align it with front it comes exactly on door bending area
Old 11th January 2009, 21:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
How do we open rear door? I do not see any rear door handle
Nice catch

But I think the small black stuff on the rear window panel may be the handle. Just a guess!!!
Old 11th January 2009, 21:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
coming to india in fall 2009, here is the pic of the 2010 chevrolet spark, leaked onto many sites this morning.

Chevrolet TOAD would have been more apt a name.
Old 11th January 2009, 22:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Nice catch

But I think the small black stuff on the rear window panel may be the handle. Just a guess!!!
Yeah..even I was thinking the same, real "out of the box" thinkng
Old 11th January 2009, 23:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

The pic posted is of the concept, not the production model.

The concept:
New York Auto Show: 2007 Chevy Beat Concept - Autoblog

The production test mule:
Autoblog

Courtesy: Autoblog.com
Old 11th January 2009, 23:42   #23
BANNED

MY GOD!! THATS UGLY!!! It looks like an Algae infested Boil on a baboon's bottom.
Old 11th January 2009, 23:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Grille looks like the Chevy Cruze thats supposed to come to India later this year???

We need few such macho designs to depart from the typical 'cute' looks. I kinda liked it. See what market the Swift got because of its concept like looks. This one too should be a huge hit if its launched just like this(With the rear door handle of course!).
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Default GM to drive in Chevy beat by year end!

GENERAL Motors’ new mini car, which is due to be rolled out by year-end, will be based on the Beat concept showcased at the New York Auto Show two years ago. The car will sport a small diesel and petrol engine, and be the third-small car in GM’s stable, after Spark and Aveo U-VA.
Speaking to ET, GM India president and MD Karl Slym said: “The new mini car will rollout of our Talegaon plant near Pune. With this new factory, our capacity will exceed domestic needs for the first time. India will be the export hub for the new mini car.”
Based on the Beat concept, which has a funky and futuristic design, the new mini car will be positioned above the Spark. “It will be a high-end small car,” said Mr Slym. And although it may overlap with stablemate Aveo UVa, “the two products will not cater to the same customers as the new car will be very different from the design point of view,” he added.
GM’s new mini car will slug it out with other products in the premium hatchback segment, including the just-launched I20 and soon-to-debut Honda Jazz.

[Source:http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/2544384.cms]
Attached Images

Old 3rd February 2009, 20:20   #26
BHPian

As time goes on, India continues to be an export hub for most small car manufacturers. First it was Hyundai with the i10 and now GM with the new mini based on the BEAT concept.

The design of the concept is aggressive to say the least, but how much of it translates in the production variant remains to be seen.
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

I seriously think that this car is a copy of Suzuki Cervo that is currently on sale in Japan as a Kei car.
This car can do wonders for GM, provided they have extended quality network of dealers and authorized service centers.
The success of this car will also depend upon the diesel motor, if at all this has one. With the new launches like i20 diesel and Ritz ( Splash ) diesel, I think this one will need one.
I expect this car to remain under the i10 and at the level of Wagon R/Santro, but above Alto.
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

I hope its positioned between Spark & U va. Looks like a good product to me. They better get the diesel one at the time of launch .I dont think this car would compete with i20 and Jazz as per reports. Looks more of i10, A Star range.
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Haha. Nice looking car know ? Remember the A-Star in the Auto Expo ?

And the car that will finally make it to the showroom will be something that can be best described as - Was promised Mamta Kulkarni.. was delivered Mamta Banerjee !!
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:03   #30
BHPian

exactly what i thought FH. A-STAR concept promised a lot and look what we have got
Closed Thread