Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th January 2009, 00:50   #16
BHPian

Yup, thats the Aurion here in Dubai with a 3.5L V6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Indians in India seem to be mesmerised by the 'H' badge for some strange reason, regardless of the car that wears it. Indians outside prefer the (right) T when it comes to reliable comfort.
But I personally feel the 'H' has an eddge over the 'T' when it comes to refinement fit and finish, and can you really say the 'H' aint reliable as the 'T'??

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th January 2009 at 14:37. Reason: see note in post
CaliforniaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 01:00   #17
BHPian

The Make over to the interiors is a major one ,but Toyota being Toyota when the car becomes available over here it will be close to the 3/C/A4 range with the Minor face lift.

H may be as reliable as the T but the cost of maintancace and spares are higher on the H but the cost of the car seems to be lower for the H(Not in DXB but in india) and the quality of service ? Don't want to start another Honda Vs Toyota Service comparison.

Last edited by muneemmk : 12th January 2009 at 01:04.
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 01:41   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Yup, thats the Aurion here in Dubai with a 3.5L V6.
honda accord has a 3.5 ltr V6 version where as camry doesnt! so thats where aurion comes in as 3.5 ltr V6 to counter accord v6.

cheers:
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 12:07   #19
BHPian

the thai version looks delicious!!! wish toyota gets some sense knocked into em and they lose their 'conservative' approach towards our market taking cues from its arch rival honda.. toyota (in India) always seem to avoid any competition with honda, even with the altis they chose to stay conservative rather than going radical like the civic.. wud've loved the altis with some good body kits and a backlit panel on the dash (a la camry).. on the other hand according to ACI they're managing to beat the civic in terms of sales no.s by a huge margin! wonder what would be the scene like if toyota decides to go full throttle in our market!
silentscreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 12:36   #20
BANNED

Get which ever model Toyota want to get.The important part is to get the pricing right. The car is way to expensive compared to competition..And its not really a comfortable car even at that price.
bigron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 13:41   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Get which ever model Toyota want to get.The important part is to get the pricing right. The car is way to expensive compared to competition..And its not really a comfortable car even at that price.
I beg to differ, the Camry is way more spacious and comfortable than the C/3/A4
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 13:47   #22
BHPian

The one with plate AURION on it look s like the new accord ? Look s like same designer worked on both of them back to back !!
m-hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 14:31   #23
BHPian

The Malaysian model looks like "Toyota Camry Chrome" to me! Too much shiny...
appuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 14:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Camry's are dependable but overpriced in India. Don't know if this minor facelift will boost sales...
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 15:50   #25
BANNED

sahil space does not mean comfort. And leave alone C/A4/3 ,the camry is not even as comfortable as the sonata embera.Infact even the skoda superb in more comfortable.I say this beacuse i have all three.Front seats of the camry i can still live with but the rear seat is an absolute mess.We travel extensively sometimes clocking close to 9000 kms a month. And we dont really prefer taking the camry.
Old 12th January 2009, 15:53   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
sahil space does not mean comfort. And leave alone C/A4/3 ,the camry is not even as comfortable as the sonata embera.Infact even the skoda superb in more comfortable.I say this beacuse i have all three.Front seats of the camry i can still live with but the rear seat is an absolute mess.We travel extensively sometimes clocking close to 9000 kms a month. And we dont really prefer taking the camry.
that can be subjective. i found the rear seat of the camry very comfortable. of course the superb is better but the camry is still more comfortable than the c/3 but i dont know about the new a4. they need to add more features to it. that is where the superb, passat score over the camry.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 16:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

What are those new colors called. Do these new colors really sell well out side India, because in India everyone seems to prefer Black and white?

Now the front resembles more to Altis, even inside, the steering controls, whole steering, OVRM controls, cruise control are same as in Altis. But this one has got push button start.

What kind of RPM meter is in the picture? Or is it something else.

One more photo at same link:
Toyota Camry facelift revealed-2010toyotacamry_1.jpg

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 12th January 2009 at 16:24.
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 16:21   #28
BANNED

That is the instrument cluster of the Hybrid Model if i am not wrong.
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 17:11   #29
BANNED

Akshay may be the camry is more comfortable then the new c or the 3.I dont have them so i done really know. Its no doubt a bigger car then either of the two.What i dont like about the camry's rear seat is the angle of the rear seat.Also the rear seats have a sitting position which is a tad too low.
Old 12th January 2009, 17:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

It would look similar to the Altis since the latter was derived from it in the first place. Maybe they're going for a single look for their entire range like Acura did a while ago.
ImmortalZ is online now   Reply With Quote