Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th January 2009, 16:13   #31
BHPian

Today also I saw the Bangalore Mirror. Please check your vehicle for fitness. They have listed many thing.
1. Tyre.
2. Light
3. Mirror
Sowmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 16:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
^^ Some one in your family or your friends might have used your vehicle when you were absent.
No one in my family drive bike except me. And the Bike was parked in my house. No option for other to drive. I stay with my wife she even dont know how to ride a scooty.
Sowmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2009, 11:31   #33
BHPian

Default SMS Alerts

Received a message on my cell phone last evening asking to visit this website and check for pending notices against my vehicle. I think this was a mass SMS (similar to mass mailer - using this term as am unable to find something more befitting) sent to a database of mobile phones. I have received messages in past too from this source about traffic conditions on airport (BIAL) road.

Anyway, went to the website and realized that I have a pending notice for my car (with KA registration) for holding/using mobile phone while driving

Will pay up the fine of Rs. 100 to settle the matter and for the peace of mind. Though am not sure whether I committed this offence at all is a different story altogether..

I tried checking for my other car with Delhi registration and realized that the form has been surely designed by a novice without caring for all possible number combinations. Or maybe the traffic police is not interested in fining such vehicles online as they can make a killing if they catch hold of non-KA registered vehicles on road

Another concern I have is whether such questionable offences would recur in future once the traffic poilce identifies folks who payup upfront and start slapping the charges?

Also, any idea folks how can one verify at what location was the car's number noted for traffic rule violation?
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2009, 19:51   #34
BHPian

Ya, I also got SMS from DCP Traffic yesterdy regarding this online payment of fines. BTW this is a mass mailer, I use to get this very often regarding traffic conditions.
sudheeshnairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 08:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Also, any idea folks how can one verify at what location was the car's number noted for traffic rule violation?
Not sure of online, but the postal notice my friend received had the date, time and place of incident.

May be you can check in your receipt if paid in person.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 08:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

It worked fine only for first 5 days. Its already down, i think tis facility created some problem or online payment didn't work or some other issue, they have taken the url down I feel.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:53   #37
BHPian

Default Bangalore city traffic police site

Got this site link from a friend where one can check if there are any fines pending for a particular vehicle in Bangalore:

Search for Traffic Violations

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th March 2009 at 23:11. Reason: search please
aburagohain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 23:04   #38
BHPian

thats good find aburagohain.
mansidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 23:05   #39
BHPian

This site was launched long time back I guess. Have seen it somewhere on the forum as well.

It has helped a few of my friends clear fines on their vehicles as well so it is really helpful.
CorsaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 17:12   #40
BHPian

Initially it was part of bangaloreone portal, now this link is from Bangalore Police portal. I hope it shows the right info.
downsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 18:11   #41
BHPian

I have seen atleast 1 constable noting down my car number for jumping a orange signal(nor red). this was maybe a couple of months back.
but when i check on the website, it says no traffic violations... )))

but a good utility.. did not know about it.
madhukar_n is online now   Reply With Quote