Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What petrol C segment sedan would you buy?
Honda City 1.5 iVtec 113 55.39%
Fiat Linea 1.4 Fire 91 44.61%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 18th February 2009, 17:48   #436
gaurav.28ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Thats nothing new - GM is doing that thing for years - that how cheap Aveo is to maintain. But I ask, who is buying Aveo?

Also since its from Fiat/GM dealer, do you expect them to show that their car maintenance is expensive? BTW, how accurate are the prices for other cars? Are they underestimating theirs and overestimating others?

Am sure if Maruti or Ford prepare such a comparison, their cars will be cheaper than Linea. I urge people to not to fall for such marketing gimmicks.

Honda's and Toyota's know how to dupe Indian people and know doubt are masters at this art. When Indians are more than ready to take a whip, who would not like to whack one hard ?

Old 18th February 2009, 18:29   #437
BHPian

Pretty interesting thread I say!

For a simple fact, a Fiat now being compared to a Honda is by itself a big win!!!
Old 18th February 2009, 18:46   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I urge people to not to fall for such marketing gimmicks.
So, you would've believed if the report is from AUTOCAR. Companies know that providing wrong info at these kind of pamplets or at dealer level, will risk their reputations. Isn't it?
Old 18th February 2009, 19:01   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
I dont know of many people.. infact none who change their C+ segment cars every 3-4 years,
That does not automatically translate to "no one changes cars every 3-4 years because no one I know does that". I myself won't do that, but there are people who do that. And resale value is a factor for them due to this reason. If not in real life, you could find many examples in the "What car?" section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Besides a new C+ segment car drives and feels new even after 3-4 year. Goes without saying that it depends on maintenance as well but if regularly maintained these cars last for years without any serious problems.
You are right - a C-seg car drives/feels like new even after 3-4 years. Mine does. So what is your point ? The guys who change cars at 3-4 years are usually not doing it because the car does not drive well. They do it mostly because they are bored and want to try out other cars or want to be seen as people who keep buying the latest stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo
I urge people to not to fall for such marketing gimmicks.
@Diabloo, we might not agree with most of what you say, but I have to admit that we missed your brief absence on tbhp. By the way, you sound so much like an Indian politician who would say, "I urge my dear countrymen not to fall for the cheap propaganda of the rival party".

@Prash, your Fiat ownership experience seems to be out of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash
I agree that the outright performance is not that great and initially you feel the pickup is slow, but now that my car has clocked 1000 kms I dont even feel its under powered.
I have heard people say here that FE increases after the run-in period. But power increasing after run-in period is a new one. Really. LOL.

I would think, that after 1000kms of usage you just got used to whatever power it has.

Quote:
And after crossing the 2000 rpm mark it leaves almost anything on the road behind.
Hmm. That surely is a beast of a car, which outruns everything. And all this within 2K rpm and a max speed of 120kmph. Hmm. BTW, what all cars did it outrun ? Need to track down all those guys who test-drove Linea and complained of it lacking in grunt.

Quote:
Have touched 120 kmph twice and felt that there was lot of juice left that I could have utilized to take the car to 150 kmph.
Boss, if you did not mention in the previous sentence about leaving all cars behind, this would have been seen as a pretty normal statement. But since that is not the case, it would be useful for you to know that there are cars in that segment and lower for which reaching 120kmph is no big deal in terms of time taken. And the fun is just starting there.

Quote:
And I also had an experience to visit the service center of Tata in Mumbai. I had a broken ORVM of the left hand side. I didn't had to pay anything at the workshop as they said that it will be covered under warranty.
A broken ORVM being covered under warranty is something I am yet to hear anywhere. Boss, what warranty should Tata give you for a part that you broke ? Warranty as I know it, is for manufacturer defects/failures.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 18th February 2009 at 19:03.
Old 18th February 2009, 20:17   #440
BHPian

Finally taken the plunge. Booked a LINEA MJD EMOTION + (Minimal Gray) today at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle. They have have promised delivery in 4 weeks, keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks a lot for all the advise and the entertainment.
Old 18th February 2009, 20:29   #441
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Luky! Great choice!

It is raining Lineas on T-BHP
Old 18th February 2009, 21:04   #442
BHPian

Default Anhc ride quality below segment bench mark

Took TD of ANHC at Sundaram secunderabad along with my cousin who was interested in buying it but was not convinced enough after driving it. Took the car to necklace road and found the engine to be smooth and powerful. The brakes were adequate for the power. But the car disappointed as i hit the cat eyes which are there in plenty on necklace road. The cars behaviour and the sound inside the cabin was like a swift not like a 10 lakh rupee car and a couple of runs more on the same road going over the speed bumps my cousin who was in the passenger immediately said this is not the car for him. The steering lacked feel and was not responsive. The positives were the ac and the seating comfort which was very good. In contrast the linea diesel which i drove earlier felt so much planted with the occupants not aware of the road conditions. The steering was much more responsive and felt like attacking any corner i could find like a go kart. For day to day driving the linea will be a better choice with a better suspension and a great steering what with todays traffic top speed is irrelevant.
Old 18th February 2009, 21:11   #443
agm
BHPian

Awesome is the word,i have read each and every post here in this thread and each and every post is worth reading.it was pleasure.thats why this TEAM-BHP is special for many including me.

I have been keeping an i on this thread as these two cars i have shortlisted,had a Honda city test drive as i really liked its look on papers but then when i have saw the car and test drove i was very disappointed,i felt it aint worth 8+ lakh so waiting for linea.Linea was my first choice but then to be honest i was scared of A/S/S at the same time resale value and few other things as well.Initially i was hell bent on ANHC but after going through it and after having a 11km test drive i was really disappointed with it.Honda aint the same as it use to be till the time NHC.

Guys i need your suggestion's,Petrol Linea TD car is not available here at my place and as per dealer it will only be available by 1st week of march and if i book then it will take around 1 month for the high end model for the delivery.So want to know if its worth iwaiting for another 2 months?i dont care if its little under powered.i want a good sedan with decent feature which i feel linea has and ofcourse i want a decent FE as ill be using it mostly for long trips,i own a diesel Swift.

Which of these cars would be better?
thanks
Old 18th February 2009, 21:13   #444
BHPian

Default congrats luky

hey luky, congrats and so you announced in the ANHC vs Linea thread that you decided to buy the ANHC, feels like we are going to see this often in the days to come.
Old 18th February 2009, 22:03   #445
BHPian

Default now the marketing

@Diabloo Look who is driving a Linea(posted by Ferro)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1178231-post49.html

Who drives ANHC? Seriously guys, a lot of people would fall for such marketing. Thats what the marketing guys are paid for and expected to delivery. Atleast at T-BHP we try to have a sane conversation and come to a consensus. Unlike a lot of people out there who will get highly influenced by ad's.

BTW the last I knew Ferrari was a brand under Fiat, and M. Schumacher was a champion for a couple of times(I am not a F1 fan)

@amit

The prices you have mentioned are for SX4, but this thread is a comparision between the ANHC and Linea. I am sure no one will be able to match the high costs of Honda cars.
Old 18th February 2009, 22:14   #446
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psn View Post
I just bought SMT but,I think it makes a lot of sense to go for EMT unless, you are like me..the difference in interiors(i.e seat fabric color) is hardly noticable. The big thing missing visually is the music system and silver garnish on steering wheel. I thought it made the dashboard look extremely dark. But if you want to go by the brains buy EMT. save 50000. Get a great music system and security system. and you will still save a lot of money. Black door handles and side view mirrors I think are far more practical in India. I cared a lot about looks also therefore,bought SMT. Else save 50000.
Hey PSN: Can you post the interior pictures of the EMT. Haven't seen how it looks without the music system in the centre console.
Old 18th February 2009, 22:33   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
@amit

The prices you have mentioned are for SX4, but this thread is a comparision between the ANHC and Linea. I am sure no one will be able to match the high costs of Honda cars.
The spare parts price list attached in one of the comments contains a comparo of spares prices between SX4, City, Fiesta, Verna and Linea. Also, the Honda spokesman on this forum commented on the crediblity of that sheet (probably because it wasn't from a Honda dealer).

I was trying to tell the forum of the money I have paid for SX4 spares and how it compares to the attached sheet.
Old 18th February 2009, 23:51   #448
BHPian

Default ANHC Accesories ...

See the attached ANHC accesories prices and factor in those prices as well.
This one's from Honda themselves .. so no marketing gimmics here

Honda City S : 9.35 Lacs (on-road hyd)
Linea (P) E pk: 7.92 lacs
price difference: 1.43 lacs

Alloys: 45k
Fog lamps: 20k
side & bumper protectors: 13k

Difference in prices: 2.2 lacs

And we haven't even factored in costs of Blue&Me and ClimateControl AC!
Attached Thumbnails
Linea vs City Comparison Report-honda_accesories.jpg  

Old 19th February 2009, 00:53   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Awesome is the word,i have read each and every post here in this thread and each and every post is worth reading.it was pleasure.thats why this TEAM-BHP is special for many including me.

I have been keeping an i on this thread as these two cars i have shortlisted,had a Honda city test drive as i really liked its look on papers but then when i have saw the car and test drove i was very disappointed,i felt it aint worth 8+ lakh so waiting for linea.Linea was my first choice but then to be honest i was scared of A/S/S at the same time resale value and few other things as well.Initially i was hell bent on ANHC but after going through it and after having a 11km test drive i was really disappointed with it.Honda aint the same as it use to be till the time NHC.

Guys i need your suggestion's,Petrol Linea TD car is not available here at my place and as per dealer it will only be available by 1st week of march and if i book then it will take around 1 month for the high end model for the delivery.So want to know if its worth iwaiting for another 2 months?i dont care if its little under powered.i want a good sedan with decent feature which i feel linea has and ofcourse i want a decent FE as ill be using it mostly for long trips,i own a diesel Swift.

Which of these cars would be better?
thanks
Take my advice, take a test drive that is the final deciding factor, both the Linea and the ANHC have its +ve and -ve aspects. another 2-3 odd weeks are not going to make a difference.

Personally my choice is the Linea 100%. Its a good car, has more than enough features and decent power. But if the linea would have not been released then for me the choice would have been ANHC and SX4.

@amit

got your point, SX4 from Maruti will definately will be a lot cheaper in parts than Honda, thats from personal exp since I am still a maruti customer and have been for the last 13 years. There could be a difference in the actual prices from the ones printed on the sheet. Also this is not endorsed by FIAT, so it could be a dealer marketing initiative.
Old 19th February 2009, 02:04   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajen83 View Post
See the attached ANHC accesories prices and factor in those prices as well.
This one's from Honda themselves .. so no marketing gimmics here

Honda City S : 9.35 Lacs (on-road hyd)
Linea (P) E pk: 7.92 lacs
price difference: 1.43 lacs

Alloys: 45k
Fog lamps: 20k
side & bumper protectors: 13k

Difference in prices: 2.2 lacs

And we haven't even factored in costs of Blue&Me and ClimateControl AC!
ANHC is horribly overpriced and the spare costs are daylight robbery. Sky high prices for such an ugly car... I am beginning to hate it even more!
Closed Thread