Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What petrol C segment sedan would you buy?
Honda City 1.5 iVtec 113 55.39%
Fiat Linea 1.4 Fire 91 44.61%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19th February 2009, 02:30   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
ANHC is horribly overpriced and the spare costs are daylight robbery. Sky high prices for such an ugly car... I am beginning to hate it even more!
extreme bhai the only problem is people (outside of this forum) dont really fall for Fiat that much!!! Honda doesnt have that sort of problems!

I had a back to back dekho of both ANHC and Linea (and NHC as well) and I felt Linea although looks good in pictures but comes somewhat short in person! It rather belongs to SX4/Aveo/Fiesta class rather than ANHC! Sure that 'thud' was there but not the wow factor. The interiors dont give the same feel as those of ANHC (and there is no comparison at all with NHC!) But these are my personal feelings. I didnt do any test drive or anything. My fiancee didnt like it one bit and that was the end of Fiat for me!

Prices are determined by market forces rather than anything else. ANHC is still outselling every other (even cheaper) cars by a margin!!!
Old 19th February 2009, 07:27   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
extreme bhai the only problem is people (outside of this forum) dont really fall for Fiat that much!!! Honda doesnt have that sort of problems!

I had a back to back dekho of both ANHC and Linea (and NHC as well) and I felt Linea although looks good in pictures but comes somewhat short in person! It rather belongs to SX4/Aveo/Fiesta class rather than ANHC! Sure that 'thud' was there but not the wow factor. The interiors dont give the same feel as those of ANHC (and there is no comparison at all with NHC!) But these are my personal feelings. I didnt do any test drive or anything. My fiancee didnt like it one bit and that was the end of Fiat for me!

Prices are determined by market forces rather than anything else. ANHC is still outselling every other (even cheaper) cars by a margin!!!
I think this forum represents the sentiments and views of an average commuter/motoring enthusiast with a wee bit passion for 4 wheels and if the booking figures are any indication of things to come for FIAT Linea, its just a matter of time before HONDA wakes up to review their 'Lynch the indian customer' strategy. Whatever said and done for most Indian car buyers cost of ownership is a huge deciding factor.
But as always views of all bhpians are respected and appreciated.

Last edited by luky_13 : 19th February 2009 at 07:28.
Old 19th February 2009, 08:06   #453
BHPian

Are you telling me ANHC is comparable to the Corolla Altis? Yes, at that price point it falls in that territory

I have seen the Linea in flesh, its bigger, "built to last" and has that classy look but the reliability has to proven while I also like the ANHC for the concept like front, 3 series beemer at the back and bullet proof reliability!

What puts me off is the horrible over-pricing!!! Indian junta will/can be fooled by Honda which is purely riding on the badge sentiment; but on this forum you make an informed decision!

Quote:

Last edited by AirWind : 19th February 2009 at 08:10.
Old 19th February 2009, 10:02   #454
BHPian

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajen83 View Post
See the attached ANHC accesories prices and factor in those prices as well.
This one's from Honda themselves .. so no marketing gimmics here

Honda City S : 9.35 Lacs (on-road hyd)
Linea (P) E pk: 7.92 lacs
price difference: 1.43 lacs

Alloys: 45k
Fog lamps: 20k
side & bumper protectors: 13k

Difference in prices: 2.2 lacs

And we haven't even factored in costs of Blue&Me and ClimateControl AC!
Look at all the typos...Intirer Panel(ILLUM)Dash Board, Tweetar, Ashtrey. Damn and the ashtrey costs 952/-, whatever that is.
Time and again the guys at Sundaram (Honda dealers in Hyderabad) can prove they are below standard.

Whoever typed this document sure did not pass their english exams with flying colours. And they are actually giving this to customers, if not for the cars they make which are good, nothing is worth harping about Honda.
Old 19th February 2009, 10:15   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Look at all the typos...Intirer Panel(ILLUM)Dash Board, Tweetar, Ashtrey.
Those are not typo's. Honda and their dealers can never be wrong. The whole world has been spelling these things wrongly till now. Thank you Honda for showing us the correct spellings.
Old 19th February 2009, 10:29   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Those are not typo's. Honda and their dealers can never be wrong. The whole world has been spelling these things wrongly till now. Thank you Honda for showing us the correct spellings.
Amit, that was hilarious, you just made my day. I am going to close IE for a while now. Canít take this anymore.
Old 19th February 2009, 10:42   #457
Senior - BHPian

Default The word of the lord!

Quote:
Oh my god! Absolutely hilarious.

That statemet is pithy and sums up very well the attitude of the Honda dudes.

Cheers and keep it up.
Old 19th February 2009, 10:43   #458
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajen83 View Post
See the attached ANHC accesories prices and factor in those prices as well.
FYI, those are prices of accessories. There is difference between accessories & spares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
ANHC is horribly overpriced and the spare costs are daylight robbery.
Old 19th February 2009, 10:54   #459
BHPian

Quote:

I had a back to back dekho of both ANHC and Linea (and NHC as well) and I felt Linea although looks good in pictures but comes somewhat short in person! It rather belongs to SX4/Aveo/Fiesta class rather than ANHC! Sure that 'thud' was there but not the wow factor. The interiors dont give the same feel as those of ANHC (and there is no comparison at all with NHC!) But these are my personal feelings. I didnt do any test drive or anything.!
I beg to differ. Linea looks much better in flesh (or in Metal); have a look at Red Linea -- it looks much more classy than any car in its class and interiors (at least in Emotion) look classy as well. Coming from FIAT which not the most reliable brand, and despite being a completely new C+ segment car; it has waiting period of 6 weeks - that does speak for WOW factor of this car at least. I just hope this car passes test of time and proves itself as a reliable car. AMEN!

- Manish

p.s. I was planning to buy car in 6 to 7 L budget, but after seeing Liena I have postponed my decision to buy a new car unless I have enough money to buy Linea E+
Old 19th February 2009, 11:23   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
I think this forum represents the sentiments and views of an average commuter/motoring enthusiast with a wee bit passion for 4 wheels and if the booking figures are any indication of things to come for FIAT Linea, its just a matter of time before HONDA wakes up to review their 'Lynch the indian customer' strategy. Whatever said and done for most Indian car buyers cost of ownership is a huge deciding factor.
But as always views of all bhpians are respected and appreciated.
Well I clearly mentioned that it was my perception. I sat in the Linea (front and back) and didnt feel anything special compared to cars like SX4/Fiesta. In fact Fiesta even comes in rich look leather seats. ANHC to me still felt a class above (purely my perceptions). And City is a delight to drive. Dont know about Linea as I didnt take any test drive (no sales rep even bothered to talk to me. They were all just chatting amongst themselves!!! compare this to the reception at Honda where the manager himself came to me (as the sales rep who calls me every week was on leave that day), he walked me to the ANHC (and also NHC parked nearby), showed both the cars, explained the car (not that there were things I didnt know of, but anyway I still listened), sat with me to explain various deals etc. Even asked for tea/coffee/pepsi! At Tata/Fiat showroom we were just on our own! Nobody even bothered to give a brochure/pricelist or even ask us if we are interested in the car! Probably it is selling too well in Noida for them to bother more customers (but I am yet to see one on roads here - and its two months now)

As far as price is concerned, it is for the comapny to decide what can sell. Honda will overprice their car till it sells in number that meet their target. The day sales come down they'll also be forced to bring the prices down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Are you telling me ANHC is comparable to the Corolla Altis? Yes, at that price point it falls in that territory
Are you saying one can buy Corolla Altis for ANHC money? Pray where in Delhi can you buy Corolla for 8.5 lakhs? (thats the OTR price of ANHC 1.5MT - the higher-end manual one!) I thought Corolla shared price more with Civic than the City!
Old 19th February 2009, 11:55   #461
BHPian

Quote:
no sales rep even bothered to talk to me. They were all just chatting amongst themselves!!! compare this to the reception at Honda where the manager himself came to me (as the sales rep who calls me every week was on leave that day), he walked me to the ANHC (and also NHC parked nearby), showed both the cars, explained the car (not that there were things I didnt know of, but anyway I still listened), sat with me to explain various deals etc. Even asked for tea/coffee/pepsi! At Tata/Fiat showroom we were just on our own!

Are you saying one can buy Corolla Altis for ANHC money? Pray where in Delhi can you buy Corolla for 8.5 lakhs? (thats the OTR price of ANHC 1.5MT - the higher-end manual one!) I thought Corolla shared price more with Civic than the City!
sales experience, mulitple times, has been the exact opposite. Guess it boils down to the specific dealer and also ones RELATIONHSIP with the dealer. You seem to be having a good one going with Honda. Good for you.

1.5MT is the lower-end manual version of ANHC. does the SMT come for 8.5L On road in Delhi!!! Mumbaikars will probably end up paying close to 8.5L for on road for the MT version :(
Old 19th February 2009, 12:18   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Probably it is selling too well in Noida for them to bother more customers (but I am yet to see one on roads here - and its two months now)
A minor correction - Linea was launched on 14th Jan, so as of today it is just 1 month 5 days old.
Old 19th February 2009, 12:23   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL, that was a great one, Amit! Looks like I need to ask Microsoft to correct those words in MS Word as well!!
Old 19th February 2009, 12:24   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
That does not automatically translate to "no one changes cars every 3-4 years because no one I know does that". I myself won't do that, but there are people who do that. And resale value is a factor for them due to this reason. If not in real life, you could find many examples in the "What car?" section.

You are right - a C-seg car drives/feels like new even after 3-4 years. Mine does. So what is your point ? The guys who change cars at 3-4 years are usually not doing it because the car does not drive well. They do it mostly because they are bored and want to try out other cars or want to be seen as people who keep buying the latest stuff.

@Diabloo, we might not agree with most of what you say, but I have to admit that we missed your brief absence on tbhp. By the way, you sound so much like an Indian politician who would say, "I urge my dear countrymen not to fall for the cheap propaganda of the rival party".

@Prash, your Fiat ownership experience seems to be out of the world.

I have heard people say here that FE increases after the run-in period. But power increasing after run-in period is a new one. Really. LOL.

I would think, that after 1000kms of usage you just got used to whatever power it has.

Hmm. That surely is a beast of a car, which outruns everything. And all this within 2K rpm and a max speed of 120kmph. Hmm. BTW, what all cars did it outrun ? Need to track down all those guys who test-drove Linea and complained of it lacking in grunt.

Boss, if you did not mention in the previous sentence about leaving all cars behind, this would have been seen as a pretty normal statement. But since that is not the case, it would be useful for you to know that there are cars in that segment and lower for which reaching 120kmph is no big deal in terms of time taken. And the fun is just starting there.

A broken ORVM being covered under warranty is something I am yet to hear anywhere. Boss, what warranty should Tata give you for a part that you broke ? Warranty as I know it, is for manufacturer defects/failures.
You are very right when you say that I have got use to whatever power Linea produces. And I dont think its under powered at all. The engine also feels very refined and silient.
And about the service at Tata workshop you are again right when u say that I had an out of the world experience. My job was done within half hour time and that too without any appointment.
The mirror broke because of my fault as I tried to close it a bit hard way. And as there were no signs of any impact Tata replaced it under warranty without even asking me once to pay for it.
Old 19th February 2009, 12:26   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
A minor correction - Linea was launched on 14th Jan, so as of today it is just 1 month 5 days old.
isint it ACI Car of the Year?
heheh. Somebody here commented that Fiat "sold" more than 100 Lineas last year itself. Dont know about varacity of these things. But anyway I guess you get the point.
Closed Thread