Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What petrol C segment sedan would you buy?
Honda City 1.5 iVtec 113 55.39%
Fiat Linea 1.4 Fire 91 44.61%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19th February 2009, 16:57   #481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Blind 'Honda' slavery! If City is not in the segment of Linea, in which hell it belongs? Pricing an average car (not only City) at rocket high prices will make it in a new class?
Actually I have been talking of class (quality) of the vehicle rather than what segment it belongs to! We all can debate endless hours what car falls in what segment (dont you think Linea is a D segment car with a B segment engine!!!). I was only talking about first impressions (rather than technical facts/opinions).

My impression (Drove first to Honda showroom and then straight to Fiat/Tata showroom) on this back to back check on both cars is what is laid bare here. After all this is a forum for public opinions also isint it. All I am saying is I didnot feel (so a very subjective viewpoint) Linea (and also the likes of SX4,Fiesta,Verna) are in same "class" as ANHC. ANHC feels a notch better.

And I can say is I am no Honda fan (although I am considering buying NHC CVT if I can get a good enough deal on that. Its the cheapest sedan with an auto transmission on road.) I am NOT considering buying ANHC as I did not feel its in the same "class" as NHC!
Old 19th February 2009, 17:01   #482
Senior - BHPian

@supremeBaleno : yep, i think those are on confirmed bookings than actual delivery. I guess sooner or later it would turn into a delivery, unless the numbers are fudged. And in the era of Satyam, who knows
Old 19th February 2009, 17:07   #483
BHPian

New fiesta ad
Attached Images

Old 19th February 2009, 17:14   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
ANHC in Executive (D) segment? . I thought it was a proper Mid-size (C) segment car. On the contrary, it is Linea which is a D segment car. And as per Jan 09 sales, Linea is in fact market leader in that segment
I think this line separating the segments is blurring as cars are getting bigger with every upgrade. For instance old Honda City was measuring something like 4.25 m in leangth and the current generation is close to 4.5 meters which is a Civic territory.
I feel cars like ANHC, Linea, SX4 are bordering close to entry D segement and Optra (1.6) and Cedea further blurring the line.
Old 19th February 2009, 17:31   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
extreme bhai the only problem is people (outside of this forum) dont really fall for Fiat that much!!! Honda doesnt have that sort of problems!
I was speaking for myself... if you know what that means?

Quote:
I had a back to back dekho of both ANHC and Linea (and NHC as well) and I felt Linea although looks good in pictures but comes somewhat short in person!
Looks are subjective and to me Linea is exactly a million times better look and a whole lot more classier.

Quote:
It rather belongs to SX4/Aveo/Fiesta class rather than ANHC!
uh-oh to which class does the ANHC belong to??? They have outpriced it compared to competition but that doesnt mean that it moves into a hogher segment. To me a Ford Fiesta 1.6S anyday is a better buy than Honda.

Quote:
Prices are determined by market forces rather than anything else. ANHC is still outselling every other (even cheaper) cars by a margin!!!
Thats what the 'H' badge does to the masses but then we at team-bhp can and will make an informed decision.
Old 19th February 2009, 17:35   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You dont get it, do you?

All Fiats are better than all other cars in all segments regardless of where they are priced. The Palio was considered better than everything from the M800 to the Merc C Class.

Similarly the Linea is better than everything from the Maruti Esteem to the 7 Series.

These are certain fundamental truths that are not open to any questioning. So if someone wants to compare the Linea with the City, there is nothing wrong with it. If the same person wants to compare the Linea with the Fiesta/SX4, there is still nothing wrong with it.

The Linea is competition for everything on wheels with a boot, just as the Palio was competition for everything on wheels with a hatch (and then some).

Once you have realized this, thy kingdom hath come!
To me this is unwanted sarcasm.
Old 19th February 2009, 18:57   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You dont get it, do you?

All Fiats are better than all other cars in all segments regardless of where they are priced. The Palio was considered better than everything from the M800 to the Merc C Class.

Similarly the Linea is better than everything from the Maruti Esteem to the 7 Series.

These are certain fundamental truths that are not open to any questioning. So if someone wants to compare the Linea with the City, there is nothing wrong with it. If the same person wants to compare the Linea with the Fiesta/SX4, there is still nothing wrong with it.

The Linea is competition for everything on wheels with a boot, just as the Palio was competition for everything on wheels with a hatch (and then some).

Once you have realized this, thy kingdom hath come!
That's a beautiful post. Substitute the word Fiat with Honda and Palio / Linea with City and the post still stays releavant.
Old 19th February 2009, 19:05   #488
BHPian

Mods , can we close this thread please. You have already put in a lot of effort to clean this thread, it is getting messy again.

Last edited by tinkywinky : 19th February 2009 at 19:11. Reason: corrected spellings
Old 19th February 2009, 21:47   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Looks are subjective and to me Linea is exactly a million times better look and a whole lot more classier.
Hey isnt that very clear by now you even started a thread to bash the styling of ANHC. As you rightly said looks are subjective and it is better to leave at that IMHO.
Old 19th February 2009, 21:55   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
To me this is unwanted sarcasm.
What?

Can't take what you dish out?

Sarcasm is a great literary tool. Used properly, it hits hard and it isn't even an attack! If Steer's post offends you, make a retort in kind. But if you aren't careful with it, expect to fall flat on your face and end up making a fool of yourself.

Of course, you can just chicken out and do what amit did - change FIAT to Honda and call it a day. No sweat rite?

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 19th February 2009 at 21:59.
Old 19th February 2009, 21:58   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
What?

Can't take what you dish out?
where, when and how?
Old 19th February 2009, 22:13   #492
Senior - BHPian

@ ImmortalZ: You saved some time for forum members by quoting what Sarcasm means in this part of the world.

Btw! When this thread was going in the right direction comparing the Linea Vs ANHC it was one way good by bringing out the big positives & negatives of both the vehicles. For me personally it was helpful in making my decision on purchase. I beleive it was the same for other members too.

Whats the fun in getting this thread dirty to show fanboy'ism & make theories to support your cries?

PS: Currently I own a Ford, previously owned Zen, Honda City & Palio! I beleive I am entitled to have my opinion here.
Old 19th February 2009, 22:15   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Sarcasm is a great literary tool.
Yes, when you have no facts or anything substantial to share, all you can do is pass sarcastic remarks!
Old 19th February 2009, 22:26   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Yes, when you have no facts or anything substantial to share, all you can do is pass sarcastic remarks!
That would be quite harsh. When there are so many sarcastic comments taken in good spirit , i dont see a reason to complain. Lets just stick to the comparison guys. Take a chill pill.

P.S. : Wish i could argue with E_T( Somehow i disagree with most of your posts( No offence)..But i would prefer this thread going in the right direction.
Old 19th February 2009, 22:48   #495
Senior - BHPian

*post removed because there is no point*

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 19th February 2009 at 22:51. Reason: Besides, tomorrow, all the Honda fans will get infractions and the FIAT dudes will rule supreme.
Closed Thread