Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What petrol C segment sedan would you buy?
Honda City 1.5 iVtec 113 55.39%
Fiat Linea 1.4 Fire 91 44.61%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27th February 2009, 15:14   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from mod : Personal attacks are strictly forbidden on forum

Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th February 2009 at 15:27.
supremeBaleno is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th February 2009, 15:15   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
And, please don't bring accessories to this discussion. Both aren't the same and accessories aren't priced well, me thinks.
Me thinks, the ANHC itself is not priced well!

Even today I feel the NHC was a much better package compared to the ANHC for the price!

@SB: Regarding the Grande we all know from the sales charts that it hardly sells to the expectations of Tata and its obvious you dont spot many of them.

But the Linea have a decent number on the sales chart and it has been hardly a month since it was launched. Is it fair to assume conclusions based on what you see/don't see on the road?

The ANHC was launched way back in September and it is only now that I could spot them on the Chennai roads. Does it mean poor sales?
Old 27th February 2009, 15:16   #603
BANNED

Hope the Linea count on the forum crosses over into double digit territory before March 31st.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:22   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Yes, you are wrong!
As of now we have 6 Linea owners at T-BHP - vancity, coloneljasi, Prash, Opendro, nehamit & ntranced.
And 3 Bhpians are waiting for delivery (TheHorse, downsouth & Aks_Karthik).
Common Buddy . I would agree with SB here. There are buyers of Linea & ANHC in this forum. No need to count . Let the thread move in the right direction. Cool down .
Old 27th February 2009, 15:26   #605
Senior - BHPian

Note from mod: Quoted post deleted. In case of personal attack, instead of retaliating use report post

Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th February 2009 at 15:29.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:34   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix
The ANHC was launched way back in September and it is only now that I could spot them on the Chennai roads. Does it mean poor sales?
I don't know. But come to think of it, won't it be nice if ANHC actually is having poor sales ? Then maybe a la Civic-Hybrid we might see Honda slashing prices making the car attractive to buyers.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:46   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I don't know. But come to think of it, won't it be nice if ANHC actually is having poor sales ? Then maybe a la Civic-Hybrid we might see Honda slashing prices making the car attractive to buyers.
This will be only a dream since you can see how the ANHC is selling from the sales charts
Old 27th February 2009, 16:11   #608
Team-BHP Support

Why speculate anything. Feb 27th is here already. By monday and tuesday Vasudeva will let us know how many linea and how many ANHC sold this month!
That should give a clear idea on who is market leader. I do not expect linea to beat City in sales charts inspite of the lower price.
But I think Fiat is only looking to get some respectable volumes like 1500 units a month unlike the Palio Stile which bombed(when compared to sales numbers of other hatches)

As for which is better, well its been 20 years people have been fighting which is better Japanese or European, and there is no end to the fight in sight. So I don't think any resolution can be reached over here. So chill guys!
Old 27th February 2009, 16:18   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

If you travel from Anna Nagar to T nagar you should be ablt to see a lot of ANHCs
Old 27th February 2009, 16:23   #610
Senior - BHPian

Guys, there is no way Linea can beat City on sales. At least not in the 2nd month. Honda has a long time reputation of building good cars in India and FIAT is just getting their act right. I would be happy even if FIAT manages to sell >1500 units. I hope they can keep up with their sales targets.
Old 27th February 2009, 16:36   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju_kp View Post
If you travel from Anna Nagar to T nagar you should be ablt to see a lot of ANHCs
Dude, I am seeing ANHC these days! I dint see many of them a few weeks or a month ago!
Old 27th February 2009, 19:32   #612
Senior - BHPian

Default Theatre of the absurd

I think TSK has hit the nail on the head when he says that the debate has been going on for a long time and can never be resolved. If we just step back and look at it, the absurdity of the situation comes through. Think about it:

Some two dudes make cars and sell them.

We are supposed to be buying them.

We start discussing which is the better car for us to buy.

Soon we start arguing which of the two dudes is going to make more money off us!

Angry words, waved fists, torn shirts, black eyes - we retire to lick our wounds.

Both the dudes are laughing all the way to the bank, with our money!

Post script:

The two dudes use our money for private jets and to give themselves fancy pay packets, soon all of the money is over.

The two dudes (along with a few of their cronies) end up asking us for even more of our money - via the government!

Cheers,
Old 27th February 2009, 22:18   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I think TSK has hit the nail on the head when he says that the debate has been going on for a long time and can never be resolved. If we just step back and look at it, the absurdity of the situation comes through. Think about it:

Soon we start arguing which of the two dudes is going to make more money off us!

Angry words, waved fists, torn shirts, black eyes - we retire to lick our wounds.

Post script:

The two dudes use our money for private jets and to give themselves fancy pay packets, soon all of the money is over.

The two dudes (along with a few of their cronies) end up asking us for even more of our money - via the government!

Cheers,
Tooo good!

Were they Lehmann Brothers?

This might have been OT but I guess it waas needed.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:52   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post

Post script:

Cheers,
I am rolling in laughter. Very aptly put. Guys we should desist from making personal attacks. We should stick to pure comparison and that's it. If a person feels that the car will suit his need he will buy it. Sales figures will live to tell the tale.
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:39   #615
Senior - BHPian

@Raveendra- Funny but thats a true story. Sadly thats the state and we can do nothing to change it.
Closed Thread