Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th March 2009, 21:10   #31
Senior - BHPian
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Introducing 'Halo' models like the 330i or 335i is all fine and weel, but from a business point of view, you need to think of the numbers they sell in?
///M3 would be the halo model in this series, not a 330i or 335i.

Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
new 320d highline pics with added bluetooth and usb interface, new i-drive.
prices are same as the outgoing model.
Wow, so the telephone bluetooth and usb interface are now standard? That's cool.

Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Hey Kbk that's really cool, I guess you have an M3, think saw it a Koregoan Park if you know what I mean Magnificent choice must say. Am sure M3 is one of the mean machine to posses but all I meant was that it could be as close as M3 with the amount of performance upgrade available. A little off the topic but here's one take a look at it with 414hp. Vishnu Performance Systems

Here's a link which reviews Vishnu's performance upgrade for 335i
Follow-Up Test: Vishnu Tuning BMW 335i Coupe

Here's another interesting article, an 335i with 395hp and 616NM of torque
*** Review - 395bhp (approx) DMS Remap on E92 335i *** - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Also a 335d can be remapped to deliver 345hp and 715NM of torque. I wonder how fast would it be in gear acceleration compared to the petrol ones.

M3 will always be a dream to have but for those who can't stretch their budget can always go for 335i or 335d and get a remap, closest one can get.

SID: Thanks for those lovely pics. Am sure the car would look quiet meaty in person. And it's good to know they give this at the same price of the outgoing model.
Yes, the Vishnu 335is are very quick. They punch well above their weight (price). They also have gobs of torque, so good for straight line performance AND fuel consumption.

Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Are those LEDs on front Headlamp? I also notice that even the taillamps now have LED treatment to them. I guess the rear taillamp makes it look as though the car is wider than the outgoing model, now looking at specs I know it is by little margin, but feels more than that little margin. Quite like the new tail lamps though.

Sahil can you point the differences in older and new Idrive system has or rather I should say what's new add on to it?
Yes, those are LEDs on the side of the headlamps. The rear lights look better in the metal than in pictures too. All-in-all a nice restyle (I hated the "painted-on" top of the grille in the previous version) and some nice features for no real price increase!
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 17:46   #32

Guys can someone please guide me and clarify this confusion iv got with the BMW 3/5 series.

I've been considering buying a 3 series for over a year now and have saved up a bit towards it and in doing so I've been following all the little bits on the 3 series being offered here. However what has been really eating away at me these few weeks is - has BMW changes the headlights on the new 3 from the old one? Especially the orange strip that used to run over the angeleyes giving it that awesome character?

Reason being is that I've seen that orange strip lit at night with the angel eyes on and they're a big big part of my liking for the car but everytime I saw it I couldn't tell if the cars were the new or old 3 series and I at all they were the 3 series and not a 5 series. Never had the chance to see one close up in detail to know.

Can anyone help out?? Additionally does navnit motors in andheri sell used BMW's and can they be trusted??
Vandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:16   #33
Team-BHP Support

Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
I've been considering buying a 3 series for over a year now and have saved up a bit towards it and in doing so I've been following all the little bits on the 3 series being offered here.
Don't know about the orange strip part, but since you've been saving up for the 3 series, there's never been a better time to buy one. BMW 320d Corporate edition - A massive price cut with only the unnecessary extras removed. The diesel 320d is the most sensible in the lineup.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote