Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th February 2009, 15:46   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I'd like to invite your opinions on the outcome to this situation and hope that you will take away an important experience from it.
The engineer/workshop manager who diagnosed the problem at first instance should be questioned for the same!!

My decision oof not look at Skoda is firming-up !! They have already lost a perspective skoda customer.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 15:47   #92
BHPian

heyy, good to know that the car is fine.
totaloverdoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 15:47   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I must say some dealerships (at least of other brands) are more decent. A colleague had starting problems in his Santro. They diagnosed and changed a sensor. The problem persisted, and was identified as being caused by a relay. The Hyundai Workshop was decent enough to take back the sensor and refund the money.
Great service centre I must say , Please recommend to others as well.
amitk26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 15:48   #94
Team-BHP Support

Skoda did the right thing by sending someone to examine the car and be impartial. I hope they took Autobahn to task.

If I were you, I would report this to ACI or Overdrive - am sure they are reading this in their autocar assistance or whatever column that they have . Let them ask Skoda on its opinion on the dealer and publish!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 15:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Just went through the thread and the final outcome is shocking.!!
How can the dealership/workshop behave in such a disgusting manner ?
The customer should take some strict action against them or at least report them to higher authorities.
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 15:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

Holy Moly! Who says Fiat A** is bad? Skoda is turning out to be worst and Fiat is evolving to be good and nice.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 16:02   #97
Senior - BHPian

I had a very similar experience with my M-1000 at Hosur. There was a metallic sound coming somewhere under the hood & the expert at MASS (Greentracks) concluded that it was gearbox damage. Even though I protested, I did not take the 2nd opinion & let him strip the gearbox & fit it back (3k charged). But, after a month, the sound surfaced once more. On 2nd opinion, it was made out to be just the silencer pipe rattling and was fixed for Rs.20/-. I wrote to Maruti who sent their own engineer to inspect the car. I demanded full refund of my 3k that he charged me plus a major tinkering & painting and a 1 Lakh Km warranty for the gearbox, all of which was done. Maruti intervened and settled the issue.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 16:05   #98
BHPian

This is ridiculous. Please file a complaint against the dealer with Skoda India HQ.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 16:10   #99
Team-BHP Support

Ha! So, i was right all along.

Please open up a thread against this dealer in our dealership section with certain contents from this thread linked to it. Will make prospective customers who browse the forum aware of what they're getting into.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 17:21   #100
BHPian

I have been closely following the developments in this thread and also other threads on Laura as I am thinking of changing my lancer and actually gone to skoda dealer here for the details. But now I am really scared. May be I should look for some other options

Dilip Kumar
dilipkumar7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 17:25   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
But now I am really scared. May be I should look for some other options

Dilip Kumar
Please do look for options. This level of service makes even Honda look like saints.
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 17:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

Shocking to say the least. Like many others I dont think I will ever buy a Skoda.

Separately, I think Honda dealers are not as bad but they do take customers for a ride over warranty issues. I felt this when my City completed 40k kms. I had been complaining about a couple of issues for the past few months but the workshop would not change the parts - each time saying they'd fixed the problems, which would resurface again after a couple of 100 kms. At the 40k service, the service advisor happily agreed to change everything and then billed me for it without realizing I had extended warranty. When I told him, his face fell. I didn't pay for any of the parts.

Something similar happened at the 70k and 75k services. One headlight got moisture in it. At 70k, the service advisor told me the reason was the light casing had broken because of a frontal impact. He'd opened it and seen the damage. I didn't agree with his assessment - AFAIK the car has never been hit or hit anything from the front. I called the Honda customer service line and told them I was unhappy with this situation. At 75k, I asked the service advisor to check the light again and photograph the damage to convince me it was because of impact and not a faulty part. As it turns out there was no damage and the light was changed free of charge.

The story doesn't end there. Two days later the service advisor calls me and says I'll have to pay for the light because my ext. warranty had expired 20 days ago when the car became 4 years old. I checked and he was right - I didn't realize it and neither did he. I said OK Ill pay for it but can they explain to me why the light was not changed at 70k when the car was under warranty and why was I given the BS about the light being damaged by frontal impact? That caught the workshop completely off-guard and I haven't heard from them since.

Moral of the story - log all complaints. It may literally save your A.S.S. one day! Pun intended.

Last edited by StarScream : 5th February 2009 at 17:43.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 17:48   #103
Senior - BHPian

This is the trouble with having overpaid workshop foremen aka "service advisors". They begin to hate having grease on their hands. In electronics, we know that manufacturers publish circuit diagrams and sheets, which help in accurate diagnosis and troubleshooting. I guess that at least some of the modern day service "advisors" create such "manuals" for themselves, so that they can reap in the huge bills without getting their hands dirty.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 18:18   #104
Senior - BHPian

So many horror stories of Skoda. I knew one personally and IMO skoda has the worst A.S.S services in India (yes they beat TATA and Fiat).
Sam could you enlighten us was any complaint lodged against the dealer and their response to the findings?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 18:31   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
So many horror stories of Skoda. I knew one personally and IMO skoda has the worst A.S.S services in India (yes they beat TATA and Fiat).
Sam could you enlighten us was any complaint lodged against the dealer and their response to the findings?
Overall, Skoda service is certainly not top notch. They are paying the price of appointing dealers based on financial criteria as opposed to service.

However, i have been very happy with Vinayak in Bangalore - the prices are reasonable and they have not done anything that was not needed even though they had the opportunity.

Skoda needs to bring out the knives and overhaul the network. However, during this current credit crunch, it will be a challenge to find new dealer principals.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote