Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2016, 23:58   #31
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,189
Thanked: 4,217 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
My bad. Yes it is the road tax. Any idea within what time after expiry I should pay the tax ?
Sorry, no idea about the grace period as we have only the concept of life time tax (15 years) in JH, but why to wait? Pay and finish the hoopla. Tax will only be effective after expiry of current period.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2016, 00:22   #32
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 844
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Sorry, no idea about the grace period as we have only the concept of life time tax (15 years) in JH, but why to wait? Pay and finish the hoopla. Tax will only be effective after expiry of current period.

Regards.
I dont want to wait but because of work I travel a lot. I will be home for 3 working days next week. Then I will be back after 12 May 2016. Hence I am a little worried if I can get the work done within such short time. Also, since elections are going on in the state not sure how much things will progress.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 05:34   #33
BHPian
 
D3NZ1L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 53
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

hi guys

have a query here , i plan to purchase a used car which is MH registered and plan to transfer it to Goa . the RTO is requesting for the original invoice ,this car is a 1985 model and has had 4 owners .Don't think the last owner has the original invoice . is there a way around this ?. any advise would be appreciated.
D3NZ1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 07:18   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
alpha1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P00NA
Posts: 1,626
Thanked: 967 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3NZ1L View Post
hi guys

have a query here , i plan to purchase a used car which is MH registered and plan to transfer it to Goa . the RTO is requesting for the original invoice ,this car is a 1985 model and has had 4 owners .Don't think the last owner has the original invoice . is there a way around this ?. any advise would be appreciated.
Yet another rule tailor made to fuel corruption.
It is BUT obvious that no one retains the original Invoice, and can neither get a copy after so many years.

But the idiotic rule still remains. It seems that you may need to grease a few palms. On the other hand, wouldn't the RTO themselves have the records of the same make/model being sold and registered in their circle around the same time as your's and thus be used as a reference?
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 08:17   #35
BHPian
 
D3NZ1L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 53
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Yet another rule tailor made to fuel corruption.
It is BUT obvious that no one retains the original Invoice, and can neither get a copy after so many years.

But the idiotic rule still remains. It seems that you may need to grease a few palms. On the other hand, wouldn't the RTO themselves have the records of the same make/model being sold and registered in their circle around the same time as your's and thus be used as a reference?
agree with you on that Alpha1, its an imported vehicle registered in mumbai in 1997 and the RTO must definitely had a copy of the invoice of the same.
the issue is the Goa RTO is asking for the invoice copy informed the seller to check with the mumbai RTO.
D3NZ1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 07:50   #36
BHPian
 
frequentflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 221
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Just noticed I am one day overdue for the 15 year renewal of my motorcycle and the insurance. I cannot even take the vehicle on the road without insurance and no online insurer gives an insurance for a 15 year plus one day mobike with an expired insurance even if by one day. Any ideas how one can proceed?
frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 09:24   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
Mr.Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,943
Thanked: 2,397 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
Just noticed I am one day overdue for the 15 year renewal of my motorcycle and the insurance. I cannot even take the vehicle on the road without insurance and no online insurer gives an insurance for a 15 year plus one day mobike with an expired insurance even if by one day. Any ideas how one can proceed?
Not sure if this is applicable for all insurance providers, I have hands on experience with New India Assurance where they renew expired insurance (less than 90 days) without inspecting the vehicle (applicable for 3rd party only) You should visit their office / micro office with RC copy and old insurance policy.
Mr.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 10:18   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 595
Thanked: 632 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
My bad. Yes it is the road tax. Any idea within what time after expiry I should pay the tax ?
You should ideally pay tax before current tax expires. It will be for a period starting the day after your current tax expires. There is a 20 day grace period to pay tax without any interest, but if vehicle is stopped in between penalty will be applicable.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 19:42   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
wanderernomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 786 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Guys any authentic information as to how many RTOs are refusing to re register diesel cars older than 10 years? This query is specific to Himachal. Online or through notifications I cannot see that it is banned but when my Dad approached the local RTO he conveyed that it is not possible for a 12 year old vehicle. I need to transfer my 84 Mahindra Jeep, current Assam registration is valid till 2019, to Himachal.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 16:09   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 356
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Hi guys, I have a 16 year old bike that is due for re-registration at Bangalore only. Can I sell this bike without going for re-registration and let the buyer directly register to his name (after taking FC)? Is this possible ? Or Is it mandatory re-register prior to sell ? Please advise. Bike's insurance is expired so what are the implications here. Do I need to take insurance before sell or let buyer take it.

Last edited by Ajay_J : 30th March 2017 at 16:14. Reason: Added one more question.
Ajay_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 16:35   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
Mr.Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,943
Thanked: 2,397 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Hi guys, I have a 16 year old bike that is due for re-registration at Bangalore only. Can I sell this bike without going for re-registration and let the buyer directly register to his name (after taking FC)? Is this possible ? Or Is it mandatory re-register prior to sell ? Please advise. Bike's insurance is expired so what are the implications here. Do I need to take insurance before sell or let buyer take it.
1) If the buyer is ready to get the fitness test done, you may sell it in current condition (with expired documents)
2) Valid insurance is required for fitness renewal / re-registration / name transfer, etc
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 16:46   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 356
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
1) If the buyer is ready to get the fitness test done, you may sell it in current condition (with expired documents)
2) Valid insurance is required for fitness renewal / re-registration / name transfer, etc
on #2, can I take insurance on expired registration vehicle ? also is it okay to take only third party insurance (vehicle is anyway very old).

Last edited by Ajay_J : 30th March 2017 at 16:46. Reason: grammer
Ajay_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2017, 08:58   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Mr.Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,943
Thanked: 2,397 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
on #2, can I take insurance on expired registration vehicle ? also is it okay to take only third party insurance (vehicle is anyway very old).
Possible.
One service provider (United India) asked me to pay the Green tax which is mandatory to issue insurance for registration expired vehicle. OTOH New India Assurance happily issued the insurance without any hassle.

Third party / liability only insurance is more than sufficient.
Mr.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 15:56   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 27
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

Just a quick update - The source of this is my long time mechanic in Pune.
As per him, the pune RTO will stop renewing RC's that are expired after a couple of months. Wonder what will happen to all those vehicles that will suddenly become ill-legal overnight?

I have decided not to renew the RC for my '96 model RXG. I was told that it would take around 7k to get this done - assuming that the bike will get a fitness certificate (which again is doubtful considering the shoddy electricals on my bike)
jomson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 11:42   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,304
Thanked: 2,713 Times
Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

The FC on my Bullet Electra 2002 is up for renewal by September this year

Is there a form I can download and submit so I can save some time in the RTO. The last time I did a FC renewal, I spent some part of my life in the RTO just to get the renewed papers back.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Insurance renewal : IDV confusion and more ... meerkat Indian Car Loans & Insurance 22 3rd March 2017 08:12
All vehicles to have an expiry date soon! RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 31 27th September 2015 00:05
Car makers want expiry dates on Airbags vinair Technical Stuff 5 25th December 2014 22:06
Insurance expiry issue! Do help. S350L-E240 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 17 4th May 2010 09:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks