Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd July 2017, 20:01   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

I have one confusion. My bike's registration was done in Yeshwantpur RTO when bought. Long back I moved out of my earlier address and now I am in different RTO zone but in same city. Which RTO should I apply for re-registration? Yeshwantpur or new one (marathahalli) ? Please let me know.

Thanks
Ajay_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 21:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
My bike's registration was done in Yeshwantpur RTO when bought. Long back I moved out of my earlier address and now I am in different RTO zone but in same city. Which RTO should I apply for re-registration? Yeshwantpur or new one (marathahalli) ?
Approach the new RTO (Marathahalli) with new address proof, re-registration can be done along with address change.
Mr.Boss is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 15:57   #48
BHPian

Need your suggestions in this case, please.

1. There is a car that is about 16 years old. It has run about 110K Kms.
2. The vehicle was bought from a close friend about 14 years ago - no hypothecation.
3. Name transfer on the RC was not done since the agent who said he would do it went missing with the RC and related transfer documents for a long time (6/7 years!).
4. When he re-surfaced, the RC was retrieved from him.
5. In the meanwhile, the person who sold the vehicle had passed away.
6. Since the transfer documents weren't available, the name transfer wasn't pursued.
7. Now, the vehicle's RC has expired.
8. Insurance could not renewed.
9. FC has not been done after the expiry of 15 years due to #8 and #9 apart from the fact that the person whose name the vehicle is registered is not alive.
10. The car is in fairly good running condition. Needs work on the brakes only.

Given the above, I can see a few options

A. Scrap the vehicle (Need to know the process to get this done)
B. Sell the vehicle in an "as-is" condition for spares (However, how does one ensure that the vehicle is not used for anti social activities and tracked back to the friend's family?)
C. Regularize the documentation and get the car to be legally road worthy (What is the process in getting this done)
swissknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 17:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
A. Scrap the vehicle (Need to know the process to get this done)
B. Sell the vehicle in an "as-is" condition for spares (However, how does one ensure that the vehicle is not used for anti social activities and tracked back to the friend's family?)
C. Regularize the documentation and get the car to be legally road worthy (What is the process in getting this done)
A. AFAIK only registered owner can scrap the vehicle. In this case this option is not feasible (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

B. Highly risky. Safe bet is get it dismantled in your presence

C. Legal heirs of the registered owner should be able to process the new set of transfer documents. BUT I doubt they will be helping on this regard
Mr.Boss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2017, 16:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend.

2003 Zen Carbon invoice copy required for ownership transfer (inter-state) and fitness renewal.

TIA
Mr.Boss is online now   Reply With Quote