Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd February 2009, 17:34   #46
BHPian

I don't find them to be dangerous. Infact these are fitted in cars for better visibility and makes night driving a pleasurable and safe ride.
nanopano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:05   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
4300k on low beam is a very palatable option. I have them in my elantra, and a lot of people think it is running stock lights.
+1 to that. Lighting is really awesome, you can really see the difference it makes on a dark road.
Thinking of getting 5000k for the fog lights so I dont need to use mymain lights until absolutely necessary.
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
I disagree with you on that one. I quite regularly see a 5 series near my apartment and the lights on it are blinding! Even on a fully lit street, my eyes actually hurt!
Everyone's does.
try looking at a 100W household bulbs bulb for a few seconds your eyes will hurt.
Headlamps are designed to illuminate the road,so every light is gonna cause stress to human eyes.
Even a 35W halogen can be quite irritating at times.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanopano View Post
I don't find them to be dangerous. Infact these are fitted in cars for better visibility and makes night driving a pleasurable and safe ride.
Bro the point is that its dangerous for the oncomming traffic who are blinded by the intense light and not dangerous for the driver who is using them.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:57   #50
BHPian

Ok, HIDs are blinding on high beam. But its not as though bulbs with higher wattage are less blinding. You read so many people saying that they got 80/100, 110/130 or whatsoever fitted in their headlights. Like these dont blind oncoming traffic. HIDs are 35w or 50w; standard bulb rating is 55/60. Brighter halogen bulbs are also blinding, its not only HIDs!
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:43   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Everyone's does.
try looking at a 100W household bulbs bulb for a few seconds your eyes will hurt.
Headlamps are designed to illuminate the road,so every light is gonna cause stress to human eyes.
Even a 35W halogen can be quite irritating at times.
I didn't mean staring at the lights for a few seconds. Even looking in the general direction of the car hurts the eyes, it doesn't happen with normal lights.
f450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure of the specs, but I've seen some SUVs fitted with after-market xenons, and boy! Its really blinding! I tried to take a picture of the lights,dead straight.All I got was a big bluish-white blurr!
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 09:56   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Misadjusted lamps, driving on full beam are common in our country. With brighter lamps this becomes a bigger menace.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:04   #54
BHPian

Default Re: Xenon Lamps: Dangerous?

Those unnecessary "hella" slights put on Swifts and Tata Sumos/Safaris can be the most horrendous thing coming your way... And, if you wear glasses, then boy, you're surely in some trouble!

My bro finds them annoying to bear with, and even I use glasses while driving. But, I'm a big fan of the OEM bi-xenons seen on Merc C/E class, and similar cars, as they don't do much harm, but can be equally annoying on a sharp turn by the way.
OmThoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 13:44   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

How do Xenon lights fare in Fog? Traditionally we have grown up listening that Yellow lights are best for fog. Don't the white lights of Xenon set ups make it tough under dense foggy conditions as seen in northern parts of the country on a regular basis during the winters?
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 15:38   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
How do Xenon lights fare in Fog? Traditionally we have grown up listening that Yellow lights are best for fog. Don't the white lights of Xenon set ups make it tough under dense foggy conditions as seen in northern parts of the country on a regular basis during the winters?
There are 3000K HIDs available in the market, these are yellow in light output. Pared with projectors in the fog-lamp they work great. I have them installed in my car. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2988970 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here).
dexter78 is offline   Reply With Quote