Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Are you booking Nano?
Yes, definitely I am booking as soon as booking starts 59 16.39%
No, I am not interested 164 45.56%
I will wait and watch 137 38.06%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th February 2009, 15:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Those who are not Riding Enthusiasts and is currently forced to carry their family in two wheelers has every right to get a car more than someone buy a Bentley for timepass.THIS IS A LIFE-SAVER.Even if Ratan Tata is not a demi-god ,he is offering a great relief for those who are forced to carry their family inside bikes.how many accidents?mostly the daily bread-winner(husband) is who is suffering.Let the Nano take off!Let the country develop more road infrastructure.Nano must trigger that.whole country expects this.It is not the problem of more nanos hitting the road means more problems for current crorepati car owners who switches to every new car in every year quarter ,spends more than 2 lakhs on ICE -consider this!.It is more people who are excited to have a car and also safety!.understands?

Let the real bikers ride them in India.It will bring a better biker culture here.
I appreciate your view, Bentley and Mercedes are not India. Common India is far behind than those cars. Ratan Tata atleast gave them hope to own a car for the sake of their safety and security in city driving conditions.

Fear is that, they should not start using this car for highway driving and it would clutter highway like anything. At first look driving car like Nano on highway, I do not think it is advisable. Less power and less overtaking capacity and it would be really dangerous.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 15:49   #62
BHPian

There will be many who'll be booking the Nano. But unfortunately, only some will get the Nano and others have to wait. I think that slowly the craze for Nano will go down.
nanopano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 17:10   #63
BANNED

Unhappy

Would have booked, if god would have granted me a parking space at home
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 17:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Would have booked, if god would have granted me a parking space at home
Hehe Pavan, whole Bangalore is your parking space . Go to any street in Bangalore in any locality you will see many cars are parked on the road itself. Even, I saw house in which we cannot park two 2-Wheelers, owner of house is having 2 cars + 1 for tenant. Total three cars being parked at entirely free parking area provided by Government.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 17:47   #65
BHPian

Nano NO WAY am i buying it. Cant stand tata products. My mom just about got rid of all their products (home appliances) over the years and has threatened all at home that NONE of their products are entering the house again come what may and the same applies to their cars. General assumption is their Product and service will NEVA change. But i kinda like the build quality of the Indica Vista. Tragic improvement, desperately needed and long overdue

Smooth Sailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 17:54   #66
Senior - BHPian

I feel Nano will serve best to the likes of people in the pic who due to non affordability of high cars still travel with whole family on a scooter/bike.

Pic has been taken from SidIndica's post in - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ia-pics-3.html

For myself i dont see Nano for a long time as does not serves my purpose and this car i feel is all about purpose than luxury.
Attached Thumbnails
Who are booking Tata Nano? (TeamBHP Members)-dsc00214.jpg  

harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 17:56   #67
BHPian

I would like to book one for my wife and my sr. citizen parents! I believe that in Pune traffic it will be easy to move around in the same.
pranav_mankad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 18:16   #68
BHPian

Hi All,

I will be booking a NANO the moment it is out for my wife. She is scared to drive my IKON and I am scared to let her commute on a Honda Dio in Hyderabad traffic (for the dreadful driving sense in general).

It will be a great help if anyone could point me to the right place to get the booking done the moment it is open.

I am planning for the top end model with AC and hope that it will be not be an issue to drive with AC on within the city. Any comments?

Last edited by GTO : 7th February 2009 at 10:09. Reason: Please do not cut-copy-paste from other word softwares. It results in a formatting error.
sudipta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 20:01   #69
Senior - BHPian

No i won't buy it just for the sake of increasing vehicle population on road. However if a genuine *need* of second car arises, i might consider it.
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 20:13   #70
BHPian

Talking

well definitely i am booking one back in Calcutta. We have an alto and a spark now (and i have recently booked a Swift DDIS here in Pune).

It will be kind of a gift to my parents - my mom can go shopping or a short ride to the market or quick cut to the parade grounds for morning walk for my father.

Any other takers.....
suprateep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 11:59   #71
BHPian

If affordability is concerned then a man who can afford a 'NEW' car worth 70k to 1 lac , then can't they afford a 'USED' M800 for half the price??

There are plenty of 'em available and I believe its a smarter decision to go for a used M800 for 50k with AC
Speed Pujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 15:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

will probably be booking the nano, as I only need a car in india for 3-4 months every year.
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 19:47   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

I would really want one just put a neat set of alloys on it and pimp it with a paintjob or something.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 20:49   #74
BHPian

We have a zen and an indica vista in the family and hence wont book the Nano. If I had a lac of rupees spare then I would buy the royal enfield electra instead
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 20:56   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Welcome to Tata Motors funding plan for the recession!
I was just thinking about this on the opening post. Their share prices are at 13x's.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote