Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 28th April 2005, 09:41   #1
BHPian

Default Skoda Fabia Sedan

I think its gonna take its competition for a ride. The car will have a superb build and ride quality. Will have the best in its class fuel efficiency.
I am happy that once I have to move up from my Xing, there will be really great cars to choose from. What do you guys feel about that??
Old 28th April 2005, 09:45   #2
BHPian

Fabia will be a killer....killer as it is expected to kill the competetion. Both the Octy new model and the Fabia are eagerly awaited.
Skoda has a bright future in India the way things are moving
Old 28th April 2005, 10:46   #3
BHPian

Skoda has a done a great job in India, slowly building up a nice market for itself.
Fabia in the TD version and maybe the vRS badge can really be a big hit over here although I would much much prefer to see a hatch (like the rally car) sold here than just add one more to the growing ranks of C class sedans.
Old 28th April 2005, 11:12   #4
BHPian

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin
Fabia will be a killer....killer as it is expected to kill the competetion. Both the Octy new model and the Fabia are eagerly awaited.
Skoda has a bright future in India the way things are moving
The Fabia is a GREAT car... But it has been available internationally since 2000 or 2001 and the Indian automotive press has been talking about Skoda introducing the Fabia here since early 2002. It's now 2005 and still no Fabia... I just can't help thinking "missed opportunity". If they had brought in the Fabia TDi three years ago, they could have cleaned up the whole market.

Look at this article in BS Motoring (from Aug 2002) talking about Skoda bringing in the Fabia. If I was a Skoda shareholder I would fire the management on grounds of "criminal irresponsibility and negligence".

Last edited by johnjacob : 28th April 2005 at 11:17.
Old 28th April 2005, 11:13   #5
BHPian

Point is will skoda fabia be a hatch or a 3 box sedan?? if 3 box sedan will be priced 8-9 lks. if its a hatch will be priced 7-8 lks. so for india, it would be a sedan.
Old 28th April 2005, 13:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west
Point is will skoda fabia be a hatch or a 3 box sedan?? if 3 box sedan will be priced 8-9 lks. if its a hatch will be priced 7-8 lks. so for india, it would be a sedan.
I read some where that there will be 3 models. The hatch, sedan and the combi (weekend model).
Old 28th April 2005, 13:20   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush
I read some where that there will be 3 models. The hatch, sedan and the combi (weekend model).
But its gonna be the Octy Combi comming up first.

Last edited by Montoya : 28th April 2005 at 13:24.
Old 28th April 2005, 16:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

So in the end we'll have 3 Fabias to choose from? I don't understand why it took Skoda that long to bring the Fabia here. If the sedan is priced between 8-9L, then what kind of competition will it have? I think at 8-9L, the Fabia would be slightly overpriced.
Old 28th April 2005, 16:56   #9
Team-BHP Support

Profit margins on Fabias are thinner and volume unpredictable- The sail, getz and fusion sell in handfuls unlike the d segment so might as well focus on Octy variants
Old 28th April 2005, 17:11   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west
If the price is so much, I doubt Fabia will be a success here in india. Or it needs to claim phenomenal mileage(Like in the case of NHC, where the romour was that it gives 20+ Kmpl)
Old 28th April 2005, 19:19   #11
BHPian

They are taking so long to launch the damn thing that i have already bought myself another car!!
Old 28th April 2005, 21:18   #12
BHPian

dude listen to this when i wanted to get my GTX, the skoda dealer who is a very good friend claimed he'll be able to get me the fabia within a month's time. he even claimed he has already got a piece for testing!!!

its been 3 years now. and still no signs.
Old 28th April 2005, 23:19   #13
BANNED

Angry Rumours are rumours

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
(Like in the case of NHC, where the romour was that it gives 20+ Kmpl)
Better if you just call it a rumour only and nothing else .
Old 28th April 2005, 23:26   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Fabia most likely will come in Sedan and Combi and pricing hopefully will be right in line with NHC (at least for the petrol).

I think Skoda's problem is that they dont have a plant to make these cars. So far they have been assembling SKD Octys and that's easy, but setting up a full fledged plant is no joke.......and hence the delay. Bringing in the Fabia as SKD will make it pricey.
Old 29th April 2005, 15:06   #15
BHPian

Mpower - You have hit the nail on the head ! The B / B+ / C segment is very price sensitive & competitive and so it would be a blunder to launch the Fabia at a price that would be higher than the competition. The Fabia vRS would however surely be a killer in its segment.
Closed Thread