Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 7th January 2010, 15:44   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Looks like SX4 wagon version is on cards. If they can retain the original 4X4 ability of the hatch and launch with a diesel engine, it is worth even 12+ lakhs.
I missed to add that wagon version is likely to be a 7 seater
Old 8th January 2010, 14:13   #137
Senior - BHPian

Rehaan's thread on Skoda at the Auto Expo has many pictures of the Yeti. All Yeti discussions can continue at this link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/auto-e...po-2010-a.html

This thread is closed.
Old 12th April 2010, 09:40   #138

Default Anyone else waiting for the Skoda Yeti?

Hi All,

I am waiting for the Skoda Yeti to get it as my next car.

I quite liked the format / size of the small SUV. Just perfect for my needs I think.

Does anyone know when it is going to be available?

Is anyone else waiting for it? If so, let us start a discussion about what we like about it.

Cheers
Old 12th April 2010, 14:04   #139
BHPian

I am waiting for a Yeti like SUV with an on road cost of less than 10L.

There is an existing thread on Skoda Yeti
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ife-india.html (Skoda plans to bring Yeti to life in India!)
Old 12th April 2010, 15:58   #140
Team-BHP Support

That will never happen !

As to waiting part, I definitely am, but not sure of the Skoda badge.
Also there was a rumor that highest end diesel version will be somewhere closure Laura Elegance. Keeping fingers crossed.

But I still feel that the 100 BHP TSI petrol may be an interesting one to watch out. As I mentioned in other threads, I don't see the petrol version rolling in, this year at least. This will not happen till lower displacement TSI engines start being produced in India (I mean 1.2/1.4/1.6 TSI).
Old 12th April 2010, 16:19   #141
Senior - BHPian

I am sure many Fusion owners will be waiting . I feel it is a logial upgarde for Fusion owners if priced around 12 lakhs onroad.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:03   #142
BHPian

Guess anyone expecting Skoda India to price their Mini SUV at 12 Lakhs on road is stretching his/her imagination way too far.

For God's sake don't compare a Ford fusion ( which was a sub 4 meter hatch ) to a Skoda Yeti which is quite comparable in size (length , heights & width) with a Hyundai Tuscon.
To things in perspective Tuscon measure the same width as Yeti; albeit that Yeti is 10 cm shorter , thanks to minimal overhangs or flared bumbers. Even a Mahindra Scorpio - forgive me for using such a comparison to Skoda- retails for 12+ Lacs on Road in Bangalore for the top end version.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:15   #143
SCH
BHPian

Skoda official mentioned on CNBC that Yeti would be priced comparable to Laura. I guess he was refering to the 2000 cc Diesel Engine. For in all probability they would be launching this version first with 4WD. If they can price it between 12 - 14 lakh bracket then it would be certainly a leader in the segment, eaating in to sales of Scorpio and Safari. But my hunch is that they would price it in the 16 - 18 lakh bracket.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:40   #144
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure many Fusion owners will be waiting . I feel it is a logial upgarde for Fusion owners if priced around 12 lakhs onroad.
I do not think yeti would be lesser than 15L.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:59   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Guess anyone expecting Skoda India to price their Mini SUV at 12 Lakhs on road is stretching his/her imagination way too far.

For God's sake don't compare a Ford fusion ( which was a sub 4 meter hatch ) to a Skoda Yeti which is quite comparable in size (length , heights & width) with a Hyundai Tuscon.
To things in perspective Tuscon measure the same width as Yeti; albeit that Yeti is 10 cm shorter , thanks to minimal overhangs or flared bumbers. Even a Mahindra Scorpio - forgive me for using such a comparison to Skoda- retails for 12+ Lacs on Road in Bangalore for the top end version.
I said it will be an upgrade, not equal. Fusion length is 4 mt and Yeti is 4.2. Width is identical too. Fusion has cargo space of 330 lts a against 380 ltrs of yeti. Fusion has some sUV traits like high GC and Yeti comes with some 4X4 capabilities. For me it is a definite upgrade. If they price it close to 20 lakhs, it would loose those buyers but then that will be a diffarent story.

Last edited by Guna : 12th April 2010 at 18:02.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:05   #146
Team-BHP Support

Not just Fusion, but many folks who are looking for some snob value and are ready to invest over and above Scorpio/Safari would be on the look out. Having said that the vehicle is a definite head turner with the plush feeling of a car plus decent off-roading capabilities and high GC.

As I said before, I have a gut feeling that even the petrol version would be eagerly looked out for, as you may get near similar performance and comfort equivalent to sedans like Altis/Civic.

Did I say something too atrocious? Well thats my take on Yeti!
Old 12th April 2010, 22:07   #147
BHPian

Wouldn't Renault Duster be a better option for a 100 BHP mini SUV? It should be cheaper than the Yeti and probably does not carry the scary A$$ package that the Yeti does.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:41   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Waiting for a Skoda! No way, rather nowhere in my lexicon. Rather the Skoda dealers would do well waiting for customers despite their shoddy reputation in every respect.
Old 13th April 2010, 00:48   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly up gradation from Fusion to Yetti will be a good option. But we need to also think of the price/A$$/reputation of Skoda in India too. I believe in India we have some potential of Compact SUV like Yetti, but again from What brand
Old 13th April 2010, 06:27   #150
Team-BHP Support

Thats the only sad story. So nice automobiles, every ones dream, but they get shattered in the sleep itself !

We now learn how not to dream a brand !
Closed Thread