Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd October 2011, 16:56   #2536
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
When our review is up, it will include everything you need to know about the XUV500.
Hope you are testing both the 2WD and the AWD version.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:20   #2537
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Today afternoon, the sales executive from Global Gallarie (Mahindra dealer, Thane) called me to enquire about my visit few days back to check out the XUV500.

They initially asked me about my experience at the showroom, whether I was offered a test drive or not & whether I had a good look at the vehicle. Secondly, they wanted to know my opinion regarding the vehicle & any suggestions I had in mind.

Finally, they offered me a half an hour "exclusive" slot (as they call it, wherein every customer is alloted a timeframe of half an hour to test drive the XUV). I refused, since I was not planning to buy the vehicle before March 2012. Still, they insisted that I drive the car even if I am not buying it now(strange but good!). I have asked for a test drive slot for 15th or 16th Oct, they promised they will get back to me in this regard. Lets see how it turns up.

What I liked is, inspite of clearly informing them that I am not going for the vehicle in the near future, they were still insisting that I should atleast have a TD. Looks like Mahindra is really aggressive this time.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:29   #2538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
What I liked is, inspite of clearly informing them that I am not going for the vehicle in the near future, they were still insisting that I should atleast have a TD. Looks like Mahindra is really aggressive this time.
I agree. Not only aggression, but this stance also points to a high level of confidence that they have in this product wherein it might convert 'latent' or potential buyers into immediate customers once they get a hands-on experience with the vehicle. This entire project from M&M is really laudable!

Last edited by cool_dube : 3rd October 2011 at 17:31.
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:49   #2539

Default when will it come to bhopal ?

Seems XUV500 is getting very good response, saw most of the televison reviews and fully convinced that i was not wrong three days back when i went to Win Win automobile (mahindra dealer) in Bhopal to book the suv with 50k.
Unfortunately the staff was unaware about the price, initially an executive made a file in my name to book the suv but his manager told him not to do so until he gets a formal launch info from mahindra.

There is yet no word from mahindra when they will launch it in small cities. Does any one know when it will come to cities like bhopal/indore.
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:57   #2540
Senior - BHPian

Default Interiors Black

The exact quality of the door panels does not become evident in dark trim but in beige you can make it out better and by touch feel also you will be able to know better. I felt its the skin / texture that is made to stand out more than the actual quality of the material underneath. Question came to mind, what if this is the Global quality what has Toyota done wrong in getting the bland but sturdy interiors in Etios (but that is a different question not for this forum. Even I detest the look and feel inside our own Etios but definitely feel the quality of it). Look closely at the Key hole and the inner placed switches area, the gaps etc. Not to necessarily point at the flaws but be aware of. But it does seem to give good feel seen from a distance.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070902.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070914.jpg

Chrome on the dials feels bit too much (IMO). The reason I do not like this here is it may be shiny in night and distraction while driving.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070903.jpg

The red light ring around the Key hole. Nice one (except for the color ) to find it in the dark if required.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070904.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070921.jpg

Chrome on the a/c vents knob and the dial? Didn't quite appeal to me. Would have loved it plain. Some may disagree.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070915.jpg

Is it for this that they may be in dark on this B-pillar and make it more visible?

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070918.jpg

Ah, the armrest box. Its really utilatarian. If you see, it is 2 storied. One on top is the small compartment to hold coins, even with the coin slots marked I think, and small things like watch etc. The below story is the deep box for other bigger thingys. Quite liked the concept, its very handy.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070916.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070917.jpg

Last edited by parsh : 3rd October 2011 at 17:59.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:58   #2541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I agree. Not only aggression, but this stance also points to a high level of confidence that they have in this product wherein it might convert 'latent' or potential buyers into immediate customers once they get a hands-on experience with the vehicle. This entire project from M&M is really laudable!
raj_5004, good for you that things have worked this way.
Sorry to prick that bubble, but I had enrolled for a test drive last week on their website and in person. No call yet. This afternoon I walked into the dealership (had some other work in the neighbourhood and could not resist!) and had a good look around the demo car. Many people were around and in it, most of them prospects/ customers. I am not sure if they were there by appointment. But I hope they were, because as a prospective short term buyer I was surprised no one bothered to ask me/ note down any details. Perhaps its just dependent on the dealer.

Maybe I sound a bit cynical, perhaps they are plain busy and will get back to me eventually.

Last edited by selfdrive : 3rd October 2011 at 17:59.
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:06   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
This is what happened when I playfully registered for a test drive when Xylo was launched. After the launch, I received a call from a guy identifying himself from the M&M office mumbai. I told him that I am not in a stage to buy the vehicle, so I do not want a test drive. But that guy insisted even if I dont have a plan, I should test drive. So one afternoon, he came to my house with the test drive Xylo. I told my wife the whole episode. She was amazed by M&M's generosity.

I know, that very moment, Xylo has impressed her already. After the test drive, she was much impressed by the interior space, the comforts etc. She is for Xylo anyday. Even now!
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:09   #2543
Senior - BHPian

^^ The experience with Safari and Aria is also similar with me. The Tata Concorde guys drove them to my home inpsite of knowing the fact that I am not going for it and gave me the pleasure of checking them out at leisure. I think the attitude is improving a lot in the local dealerships.
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:13   #2544
BHPian

Default Re: Interiors Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Ah, the armrest box. Its really utilatarian. If you see, it is 2 storied. One on top is the small compartment to hold coins, even with the coin slots marked I think, and small things like watch etc. The below story is the deep box for other bigger thingys. Quite liked the concept, its very handy.

Attachment 820446

Attachment 820447
I saw the car yesterday. Overall looks great, much better than the pictures.
As mentioned by others, the plastic quality should have been better.

Armrest is better viewed closed. If you open it, you'll get to see the cheapest plastics in the car.

Also, the rear AC vents looked cheap quality.

Yet to take a TD.
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:17   #2545
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Interiors Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
I saw the car yesterday. Overall looks great, much better than the pictures.
As mentioned by others, the plastic quality should have been better.

Armrest is better viewed closed. If you open it, you'll get to see the cheapest plastics in the car.

Also, the rear AC vents looked cheap quality.

Yet to take a TD.
Indeed, looks way different than in pictures and its better experieced personally.

Thanks for pointing it out, the plastic quality screams for quality at this price & positioning, and so do the gaps and fit and fiinish.

Last edited by parsh : 3rd October 2011 at 18:23.
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:59   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
raj_5004, good for you that things have worked this way.
Sorry to prick that bubble, but I had enrolled for a test drive last week on their website and in person. No call yet. This afternoon I walked into the dealership (had some other work in the neighbourhood and could not resist!) and had a good look around the demo car. Many people were around and in it, most of them prospects/ customers. I am not sure if they were there by appointment. But I hope they were, because as a prospective short term buyer I was surprised no one bothered to ask me/ note down any details. Perhaps its just dependent on the dealer.

Maybe I sound a bit cynical, perhaps they are plain busy and will get back to me eventually.
I remember i was following the Tata Aria launch from the time they started the web campaign identifying the parts of the Aria and I also booked for a Test drive over the website. Guess what!!! I got a call after a month from the launch and I told them i was not interested in doing a TD for this car anymore as i have already read enough of the TDs from experts. If M&M is really doing this as mentioned above.... I am sure they would get a good number of customers. Anyways, I will want to do a TD for this creature... as I am almost certain i will go for it... Just waiting for me to reach India... and surely walking into the closest M&M showroom... no doubt.

Will also wait for GTO's review... that would give me a good insight into what i should be expecting from this cheetah...

Old 3rd October 2011, 19:11   #2547
BHPian

Spoke to G3 twice today,but no update yet.
I will get a confirmation tomorrow.
Also he said the interior scheme for satin white colour will be beige and walnut.
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:43   #2548
BHPian

Folks -

Have a question on the Hill Hold/Descent control and ESP. These 2 features are in AWD only or in W8 (non-AWD) as well ?
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:52   #2549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Yep - they feel they have a chance with pre-poning you buy decision!

Pre-sales and post-sales are 2 diff beasts. The latter is like a wife, whereas the former is like one of those one week dates!

Havent heard too many bad stories of Mahindra A*S*S though..
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:28   #2550

The Mahindra dealer says that if one prefers W8 in Beige and Walnut interiors, then the exterior color options are restricted to Volcano Black and Satin White at the moment. Has anyone heard otherwise?
Closed Thread