Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 24th December 2009, 14:29   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i have seen this too as i live near pallavaram. but i thought it is the fords which as testing a new endevour!!

i have seen a couple of ford figo too.....

probably mahindra is the one as there is a mahindra city very near to chengelpet from where this must be coming
Is there a M&M factory in Mahindra City? I work in the area but never knew such a thing existed.

I had seen this thing sometime back in chennai. I thought this is the Indicruz / Mahindra SUV.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 24th December 2009 at 14:32.
Old 24th December 2009, 14:35   #392
BHPian

Guys,Mahindra has already signed a MOU with TN government for setting up a factory and land has been allocated. Mahindra is also in the process of setting up an R&D unit in Chennai. I suspect they already have it up and running in a small scale. This Mahindra world SUV might be manufactured in this new Chennai factory and hence the testing around Chennai.
Old 24th December 2009, 17:09   #393
BHPian

I saw the same car on GST a couple of days back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-chennai.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryindia View Post
Guys,

i saw this test mule on the Airport road 2 days back, this will be great looking suv when imagined with the rendering from SRK. I just managed to get couple of shots before the vehicle passed me. The driver should be crazy to drive the vehicle like that, just passed me in a blink but i could hear the nasty engine noise even inside my car.

I could compare the size as it passed parallel to a Tuscon, it was almost the same height and width without the extra paddings. The front hood seems to be high, not sure it could be because of the unfinished body.

Great work and I could only see it will be hot to see mahindra with a real world class suv.

Harry.
Old 26th December 2009, 09:50   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
It can also be from the Hyundai stable - Sante Fe or the new Tucson.
New Santa Fe and Tuscon have already been launched. There is no reason to mask it like this.
Old 28th December 2009, 20:41   #395
BHPian

Just out of curiosity in the old sherlockian way is it possible to tell a car from the head lamps and the tires used.

It doesn't seem like a defense vehicle since I saw the Mahindra Modded defense vehicles in Mumbai and this doesn't look like any of those.

As to the overall shape its behind is higher than the front which In my view isn't a quality a SUV would hold considering that ground clearance is a major issue while off-roading.

In my view its a MUV, probably with a lot of power and made to handle well which is something like what Mahindra were planning to launch in USA. Which is good considering if they launched even the Scorpio with its 120Bhp in the US they would have gotten butchered with USA being a country that has hatchbacks with more power than that.
Old 2nd January 2010, 07:13   #396
BHPian

just read this at vicky.in
Renault to launch Duster in India | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
Old 2nd January 2010, 10:14   #397
Senior - BHPian

Definitely a M&M.

But the cheap plastics would be a let down.
Very small tyres and an odd rear.

Hope M&M does not come with a toothy front.
Old 2nd January 2010, 23:22   #398
BHPian

I work in Tech Mahindra, and we are getting mails from Mahindra these days that a new SUV will be showcased soon.
They are really serious about this one and hope they dont come up with anything like XYLO. :(
Old 3rd January 2010, 14:36   #399
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why but I have this feeling that, this new SUV is going to have the same kind of toothy grill as the Xylo.
Lets wait and watch...
Old 4th January 2010, 21:12   #400
BHPian

This time it will be somewhat better. :P
Met someone at new year bash. Dont no if he was truly from mahindra or he was just kidding me and was from tech mahindra only.
Old 5th January 2010, 09:33   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
I don't know why but I have this feeling that, this new SUV is going to have the same kind of toothy grill as the Xylo.
Lets wait and watch...
I assume you mean Look wise! I believe it will be a mix of Scoprio and Xylo in terms of exterior design.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:44   #402
BHPian

Is this being showcased at the Auto Expo? Haven't heard anything thus far!
Old 5th January 2010, 14:42   #403
Senior - BHPian

Somebody please tell M&M designers to throw away their old pastels and work with fresh minds for the design side. or else, the Walrus tooth shall prevail and kill the beauty of an engine!!
Old 5th January 2010, 17:48   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Somebody please tell M&M designers to throw away their old pastels and work with fresh minds for the design side. or else, the Walrus tooth shall prevail and kill the beauty of an engine!!
Seriously mate. M&M designers design a car as a bling accessory that a car !!
Old 5th January 2010, 18:11   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I am sorry if I am not up to date with the thread, but are the details of the engine out?
Closed Thread