Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 14:38   #496
BHPian
 
designersf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 602
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

The one on the US website is the Xylo pickup. and a great catch. Till now, I had got information that the world SUV was only testing without its skin panels (read outer styling panels). Having seen it many times, I could definitely make out that so far it lacked the front and rear bumper. Looking at the recent pictures, looks like the vehicle is slowly getting into the final evaluation phase. The grille is almost exposed and the SRK design looks evolutionary and looks like some of the JEEP models sold in USA. I hope Mahindra make it better looking. Moreover, the two rear exhausts look massive!
designersf is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 16:56   #497
Senior - BHPian
 
sbraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: B L R / T V M
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Looking at the recent pictures, looks like the vehicle is slowly getting into the final evaluation phase. The grille is almost exposed and the SRK design looks evolutionary and looks like some of the JEEP models sold in USA. I hope Mahindra make it better looking. Moreover, the two rear exhausts look massive!
Yes, headlamps, for instance, are more JEEP like.

I just hope that the entire package is worth waiting for.
sbraj is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 17:05   #498
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

I don't think its the Xylo pick-up but is the new W2XX that M&M is developing.
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 15th April 2010, 16:16   #499
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,716
Thanked: 3,300 Times
Default

Is there any credible information that M&M's new SUV is to hit the market this year? Apart from automobile forums there is no talk about it anywhere. Compared to Tata's ARIA or even Sx4 hatch back which is reported as upcoming models everywhere.
mpksuhas is offline  
Old 15th April 2010, 16:46   #500
BHPian
 
ranc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lost somewhere on the Leh Manali hway
Posts: 516
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is there any credible information that M&M's new SUV is to hit the market this year? Apart from automobile forums there is no talk about it anywhere. Compared to Tata's ARIA or even Sx4 hatch back which is reported as upcoming models everywhere.
There is a very very credible information on this one and that is from their top boss itself. Dr. Goenka was on a show in one of the news channels recently, i think that the show is called "Aaj ka Boss". He was asked about the world SUV and he very categorically said that it will be out only next year ie 2011.
ranc is offline  
Old 15th April 2010, 17:36   #501
BHPian
 
.Albatross.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NCR
Posts: 123
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
There is a very very credible information on this one and that is from their top boss itself. Dr. Goenka was on a show in one of the news channels recently, i think that the show is called "Aaj ka Boss". He was asked about the world SUV and he very categorically said that it will be out only next year ie 2011.
Here i go forward with my delivery of fortuner.
Being a proud and satisfied owner of scorpio i wanted to compare the new mahindra suv before going for the delivery. Now with that being a distant dream with a heavy heart i am going with the only option left..The Fortuner
.Albatross. is offline  
Old 15th April 2010, 23:53   #502
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 886
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

@Albatross- enjoy your Fortuner- it will anyday be better in terms of quality than even the world SUV from M&M that has been in the news.
shatrughna is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 00:06   #503
Senior - BHPian
 
sbraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: B L R / T V M
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Fortuner- it will anyday be better in terms of quality than even the world SUV from M&M that has been in the news.
Interiors remain to be seen. If Mahindra's world SUV has better interiors than Innova, then what do you think?
sbraj is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 00:12   #504
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 886
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Interiors remain to be seen. If Mahindra's world SUV has better interiors than Innova, then what do you think?
Yes we can definitely hope about it that they may catch up with Toyota in the next 20 years in terms of quality .

But I guess, M&M can only add few cushions and colours and will never go too far to create a better quality interior- better features- utilitarian and everything is quite possible from Mahindra-to keep the prices low- to keep volumes high, they are yet to cover the huge gap in terms of sheer quality and peace of mind that a toyota vehicle can offer- notwithstanding the fact that ( ironically) Toyota currently is in the news for wrong reasons .
shatrughna is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 02:23   #505
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: HYD
Posts: 226
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Hmmmm. This is what happens when you mix two conversations and post wrong info at the wrong place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
On the Mahindra USA website i saw this following upcoming sketch;

Is the same one here we are talking which would cater to the US markets??

If that is so they would have to test, the mule in much harsh conditions(Scandinavia, Sweden), than testing it in India.



Source : Mahindra Clean Diesel Pickup Trucks and SUVs
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
This one is a Xylo. One can clearly make out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
This in not a Xylo.Look at the raked headlights,OVRMs and the slanted back rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
This is the upcoming Xylo Pickup,currently undergoing testing,not the new SUV in question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harendra View Post
It doesn't look anywhere like a Xylo pickup, I may be wrong but sure looks like an SUV. Why would Mahindra build a Xylo pickup this is the first I am hearing may be wrong again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I am stunned mate. Check out the rear window with the wipers. Must be one heck of a xylo pick up if it has rear windows with wash wipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Dear... He is speaking about the image in Mahindra USA website and not the current spy pictures..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I don't think its the Xylo pick-up but is the new W2XX that M&M is developing.
Comrade is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 03:36   #506
BHPian
 
Fraz33r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boston/Mumbai
Posts: 213
Thanked: 245 Times
Default

Some how the whole thing drifted out, to unnecessary conclusions. Also my post was on an the last list of a page before; so many of them were not able to see what context the others were posting(xylo pic for US) and assumed it to be for the SUV being tested.

@Comrade:
Thanks for letting others know; and i hope the discussion moves on the right track.

P.S. Even though the US website shows sketch of Xylo; you never know maybe the same vehicle with different spec maybe available in US too.
Fraz33r is offline  
Old 20th April 2010, 18:47   #507
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,444
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Some more pics of the test mule. This time, the driver chased me down and even threatened not to take pics.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-m1.jpg
Name:  m2.jpg
Views: 3584
Size:  287.3 KB
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-m3.jpg
badboyscad is offline  
Old 20th April 2010, 20:58   #508
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

threatened you??? tell him to drive this at his backyard then!
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 21st April 2010, 14:01   #509
BHPian
 
lordofgondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UP 16
Posts: 936
Thanked: 155 Times
Default New Mahindra mini SUV?

Hey folks, I came across this link quite a few days back and after going through it, I was kinda excited at the prospective smaller beast from M&M stable:

Mahindra Mini SUV- News- Zigwheels

I would appreciate if people can provide some more info on this mini SUV.

Cheers!
LoG
lordofgondor is offline  
Old 21st April 2010, 16:37   #510
BHPian
 
ranc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lost somewhere on the Leh Manali hway
Posts: 516
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Hey folks, I came across this link quite a few days back and after going through it, I was kinda excited at the prospective smaller beast from M&M stable:

Mahindra Mini SUV- News- Zigwheels

I would appreciate if people can provide some more info on this mini SUV.

Cheers!
LoG
Another case of journalism going wrong, the article says

"Mahindra's camouflaged mini SUV has already been spotted being tested all over town."

I dont remember one instance where this thing has been spotted.

ranc is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs Aditya The Indian Car Scene 1171 28th October 2015 11:35
M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 165 11th March 2015 10:45
Mahindra recalls XUV500 from 2011-2012 batch for replacement of certain parts SDP The Indian Car Scene 65 9th June 2013 18:03
Team-BHP Car of the Year 2011. EDIT : Mahindra XUV500 it is!! GTO The Indian Car Scene 447 16th February 2012 11:36
VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5 Abhi_Automobile The Indian Car Scene 133 8th April 2011 18:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks