Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 23rd February 2009, 22:57   #76
srh
BHPian

Doesn't matter what brand it is. It just looks too good. Its humungous in size. Has a wonderful stance: wide track, comparatively low CG and good wheelbase. Atleast from these camouflaged pictures, the styling looks very muscular. The only thing now required is a good powertrain and a good enough price and this would be a smash hit!!
Old 23rd February 2009, 23:01   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
In the wake of the bad times that has hit the US and Mahindra's plans of launching this butch there, the only name that I can think of is "koi to Lelo" on the Mahindra Xylo.

Also, have the mahindra guys forgotten that the "Era of SUV's is Over" in the US?
Mahindra also sells the scorpio as the Goa in europe, so i guess more than the american market Mahindra could also be targeting the european(particularly east europe and italy) by developing this cheap,rugged SUV with upmarket features.
Old 24th February 2009, 08:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Mahindra also sells the scorpio as the Goa in europe, so i guess more than the american market Mahindra could also be targeting the european(particularly east europe and italy) by developing this cheap,rugged SUV with upmarket features.
I am aware of that. I am sure they would certainly try to tap the European market as well. However, looking at the Butch Size, it looks like its more for the US and later on the Aussie market too.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

I was talking to one of my M&M friends on the weekend and they are developing a all new SUV in the league of Endeavour kinds!! This one would have all the 'misses' from the current breed scorp. Primarily targetted for European and American markets with VFM proposition!!
They want a fully developed, ready 'mule' to take on the competition.
Way to go M&M!!
Good pics BBS!! nice scoop there!
Old 24th February 2009, 11:38   #80
Senior - BHPian

finally there is a glimmer of hope for my replacement for the safari a couple of years from now. hope MnM does not screw up the styling like the xylo.
Old 24th February 2009, 11:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
finally there is a glimmer of hope for my replacement for the safari a couple of years from now. hope MnM does not screw up the styling like the xylo.
In all probability they would. The new grill is the new Mahindra Corporate face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I was talking to one of my M&M friends on the weekend and they are developing a all new SUV in the league of Endeavour kinds!! This one would have all the 'misses' from the current breed scorp. Primarily targetted for European and American markets with VFM proposition!!
They want a fully developed, ready 'mule' to take on the competition.
Way to go M&M!!
Good pics BBS!! nice scoop there!
Great news!
Old 24th February 2009, 11:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

Himanshu,
I do not know about other styling bits, but one thing I am sure is the 'Walrus chrome teeth' would be present!!
I think M&M will also put the same shape in front of all thier sales outlets soon
Old 24th February 2009, 11:47   #83
Senior - BHPian

Endeavour size?? That's huge, hope mahindra can offer at a lower price as against the fords and the hondas of the world.
Old 24th February 2009, 11:48   #84
BHPian

I was there in US in 2000, at a time when Kia launched RIO, its a small car priced at 7k. It looks ok, and one of my friend bought it. When we were on the high way the car is like flying off when a truck passes at 70. Well it would be the same story if a scorpio is released there, AND mahindra is no one in US, atleast they need to buy a SAAB, or something to built their network. If im not wrong, they have tied up with some company for marketing.

AND I was just counting how many models each company have launched in US for 2009, GM alone has 100 models with ford at 70 or some thing. For comparision india has less than 100 models for 2009 including the imports. Do you think US needs a mahindra???.that too imported from india when obama wants Indians out? It just moving against the tide .Mean while I just bought a xylo.

Last edited by west : 24th February 2009 at 11:52.
Old 24th February 2009, 12:37   #85
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
I was there in US in 2000, at a time when Kia launched RIO, its a small car priced at 7k. It looks ok, and one of my friend bought it. When we were on the high way the car is like flying off when a truck passes at 70. Well it would be the same story if a scorpio is released there, AND mahindra is no one in US, atleast they need to buy a SAAB, or something to built their network. If im not wrong, they have tied up with some company for marketing.

AND I was just counting how many models each company have launched in US for 2009, GM alone has 100 models with ford at 70 or some thing. For comparision india has less than 100 models for 2009 including the imports. Do you think US needs a mahindra???.that too imported from india when obama wants Indians out? It just moving against the tide .Mean while I just bought a xylo.
The US would want anything that is cheaper and greener. The GMs and Fords are struggling even after launching that many models. Their cost structures are out of sync with the market realities and its just a matter of time that they wither demise or morph into companies significantly different from what they are today
Old 24th February 2009, 12:47   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Himanshu,
I do not know about other styling bits, but one thing I am sure is the 'Walrus chrome teeth' would be present!!
I think M&M will also put the same shape in front of all thier sales outlets soon
it not the walrus teeth that bothers me- heck, the upcoming scorp facelift, shot in duba in white, looks super cool, IMO.

but the overall styling of the XYLO is just wrong- i am hopeful that with the proportions that we can make out of the test mule here, the styling should be good, the walrus bit notwithstanding.

Also, i guess we should see a more powerful version of the m-hawk now, given that MnM may be working on a new tranny for the US and European markets.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:20   #87
Senior - BHPian

amazing find, impressive vehicle.

Look forward to more updates on this one.
Old 24th February 2009, 16:18   #88
BHPian

what are they waiting for? why dont they release it here in india anyway they need to test it before releasing it in us and eu
they have 100 crore testers here willing to pay to test it and give feedback
Old 24th February 2009, 16:54   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it not the walrus teeth that bothers me- heck, the upcoming scorp facelift, shot in duba in white, looks super cool, IMO.
Himanshu, I agree with the Parm's find-that the new scorps are looking good. But also note that except the front grill,cladding & bumpers there are no changes! Also, the tyres were different from OEM & the cars are heavily tinted(including the front glass) to give it that 'killer looks'!! So, the on road version might be looking lil heavy with those box cut claddings and the front on a car which has soft corners!! My 2 cents!!
Old 24th February 2009, 22:39   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Himanshu, I agree with the Parm's find-that the new scorps are looking good. But also note that except the front grill,cladding & bumpers there are no changes! Also, the tyres were different from OEM & the cars are heavily tinted(including the front glass) to give it that 'killer looks'!! So, the on road version might be looking lil heavy with those box cut claddings and the front on a car which has soft corners!! My 2 cents!!
killer look? naah.there are better things to do to make the scorpio get that killer look.all M&M has done is redesigned the soft parts. They need to wake up to the fact that proportions means something in english. also, the tall tail lamps are passe.
Closed Thread