Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 13th July 2011, 23:35   #1216
BANNED

Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
They all look the same. Streamlining, to reduce air resistance, to boost fuel average has led to Honda CRV, Pajero Sport, Maruti G.V.....now Mahindra W201.034299++ .... all looking the same.

Here is my idea of a man's SUV. Dodge Power Wagon circa 1940's to the 1960's. Ground clearance. Easy access to tyres and wheels. Deep trekking size.

Heavy sigh.....
and buy a petrol pump with the Dodge!
Old 14th July 2011, 07:07   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

also the usage of lighter weight materials in several places to reduce overall weight and increase FE as has been attempted in the new W201.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
They all look the same. Streamlining, to reduce air resistance, to boost fuel average has led to Honda CRV, Pajero Sport, Maruti G.V.....now Mahindra W201.034299++ .... all looking the same.

Here is my idea of a man's SUV. Dodge Power Wagon circa 1940's to the 1960's. Ground clearance. Easy access to tyres and wheels. Deep trekking size.

Heavy sigh.....
Old 16th July 2011, 00:42   #1218
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a test car in Bannerghata Road this evening. Looked like a W201 to me. Looks masculine and has presence.
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:16   #1219
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the below tweet about W201 from some one just now. Looks like there is a second round of TDs done "by invitation". The TD guys are asked to keep the info confidential.

Quote:
"got chance to drive a camouflage Mahindra SUV at Delhi.stunning interiors,fun to drive..waiting for its launch”

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd July 2011 at 14:18.
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:55   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Another slightly modified one - change in the hood line. Sorry about the quality since I do not have any expertise in using Gimp.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 15931
Size:  148.8 KB Name:  w201.jpg
Views: 5282
Size:  54.5 KB

I wish, I could change the grill too.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:27   #1221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Another slightly modified one - change in the hood line. Sorry about the quality since I do not have any expertise in using Gimp.

I wish, I could change the grill too.
Mahindra's should actually get rid of that UGLY StubTooth design

If this is the Final product..! This is not what people would accept after such a long wait. But cant comment too much about the Market here, since the Market proves, any kind of contraption sells.

Its better we stop speculation till the final product is out in the Sun..

Wonder what Cat & Mouse games TATA's and M&M are playing with the Launch of their W201 and the Merlin.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 22nd July 2011 at 15:29.
Old 25th July 2011, 21:05   #1222
BHPian

Guys,
Have a look at these images http://bharathautos.com/spied-mahind...ll-angles.html. The rear quarter glass is strikingly similar to the W201 spy pics, so do the wheel arches. I don't think a company will launch 2 cars with so similar exteriors. I wish one of them are wrong. After all M&M is M&M
Old 25th July 2011, 22:52   #1223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
Guys,
Have a look at these images Spied – Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton in all angles. The rear quarter glass is strikingly similar to the W201 spy pics, so do the wheel arches. I don't think a company will launch 2 cars with so similar exteriors. I wish one of them are wrong. After all M&M is M&M
Rexton will come in later and will be positioned above the W201. Apart from this even Korando will be brought in. Probably M&M wants one car in almost every segment to compete and get some shares. So we can expect all these cars to come within another 2 years time and spoil us with choices.
Old 26th July 2011, 02:52   #1224
BHPian

Lightbulb Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Looks like a "beast"!

Great scoop there. Is M&M planning to upgrade/facelift the Scorpio ?

But MH-15 ? I hope the Chennai manufacturers are not playing a prank here
MH 15 perfectly fits the location of Mahindra's plant at Chakan, Pune. Chakan's registration series is MH-15 and adding the tail lamps up, it definitely fits the w201 project that Mahindra's been working on for quiet some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Mahindra is testing its vehicle in Chennai . I think it won't be produced in Nashik.
Mahindra's major production facility is now at Chakan, Pune. The registration number (MH 15) on the scoop reflects that location. As far as Chennai as a testing facility is concerned, I have seen a number of scoop pics of its upcoming Mini-Xylo being tested at Chennai. Probably the heat and moist is a major factor in their decision to test it there. Also, major manufacturers (Global, as well as Indian) are located at Chennai so I think it is a good location to camouflage your own breed among the many seen there avoid raised eye brows!
Old 26th July 2011, 03:02   #1225
BHPian

Arrow Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Nice catch there.

It only appears to be BIIGGG : but is possibly just a little bigger than the Scorp / Safari : note the relative heights of the white-shirt-guy vs the already padded bonnet. This guy could be a little less than avg height. Also, if you guys remember the pic of @JK with his Safari - the bonnet looks at a pretty high level in that pic too.

But MH-15 : is it Nasik ? M&M ?
MH-15 seems more like Chakan, Pune. This is the latest and the biggest (770 acres) Mahindra production facility in India.
Old 26th July 2011, 09:44   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet@bulbule View Post
have seen a number of scoop pics of its upcoming Mini-Xylo being tested at Chennai. Probably the heat and moist is a major factor in their decision to test it there.

Couldn't help, but could you give the link to the Mini-Xylo scoop pics, or is it already in the mini-Xylo thread?
Old 26th July 2011, 16:33   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Informed Guess:
I believe the W201 ex showroom pricing will be more or less (approx) as follows:
Base - 13 -13.5 lacs
Mid - 14 -14.5 lacs
Top - 15.5-16.5 lacs

The rest below is more like speculation:
Mid and Top could be worth looking at but I dont think even the Mid will get 4WD etc as also a number of the other bells and whistles. I am not sure that they will be able to sell this in great volumes. Also dont know how this pricing will fit into the Korando C launch strategy. Possibly the Korando will have to take on the Scorpio/ Safari/ Duster type vehicles - even at risk of some cannibalization this may be a worthwhile strategy.

Else, they may drop the TOP 2 versions of the Scorpio completely and focus instead on the M2Di and the Base Crde LX etc.
This will allow the base W201 to fill the gaps caused by the exit of the Scorp top 2 versions. However, for those choosing the Top Scorp for its safety kit may be disappointed. They may very well introduce the 4WD and the safety kit into the lower versions of the Scorp so as to create key differentiators from the competition - the Safari etc and continue competing with the others that will come in.
However, in my book, unless they can seriously improve the ride and handling of the Scorp, it has no chance in the face of more modern, better engineered competitors.

Main thing is that since all indications are that they will bring this W201 in only around the year end or so, will they have been able to iron out the various minor irritants in it by then?

Last edited by shankar.balan : 26th July 2011 at 16:36.
Old 27th July 2011, 05:33   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

I still strongly believe that Mahindra designers use to design fake gold jewellery before joining Mahindra. They don't know the meaning of class...
Sir, I believe what your post stated is well known on the forum , but the way you said this had me in splits for well over a minute!
Old 27th July 2011, 05:50   #1229
BANNED

Quote:
MH 15 perfectly fits the location of Mahindra's plant at Chakan, Pune. Chakan's registration series is MH-15 and adding the tail lamps up, it definitely fits the w201 project that Mahindra's been working on for quiet some time.

Mahindra's major production facility is now at Chakan, Pune. The registration number (MH 15) on the scoop reflects that location. As far as Chennai as a testing facility is concerned, I have seen a number of scoop pics of its upcoming Mini-Xylo being tested at Chennai. Probably the heat and moist is a major factor in their decision to test it there. Also, major manufacturers (Global, as well as Indian) are located at Chennai so I think it is a good location to camouflage your own breed among the many seen there avoid raised eye brows!
Mahindra has the "Mahindra Research Valley" in chennai, which is a HUGE research and Development facility. That is why the car is being tested in Chennai. Also, MH15 is NOT chakan, but Nashik which is where the Mahindra Factory and R&D is. The reasons you have given for location and why the camo is done are incorrect to say the least.

Quote:
MH-15 seems more like Chakan, Pune. This is the latest and the biggest (770 acres) Mahindra production facility in India.
Again, MH15 is Nashik. Not Chakan. Chakan should come under MH12 or MH14.
Old 27th July 2011, 16:59   #1230
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Shankar the pricing you mention is decent, though as in the case of the Aria will not result in fast sales even with the sportier looks, now the other two rexton and korando launch seem more interesting. Options will be good to have and these will as we all know be better than the scorpio, but one never know how the people react to them, and the scoprio may continue to sell better than all of them. I guess the xylo was expected to take on the Innova an better the Scorpio, but post it's launch it has been the Scoprio that has kept the flag flying high.
Closed Thread