Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 16:13   #1246
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NA
Posts: 31
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind BS View Post
Is this is a true picture of W201 ? I got this from FB page
Something was really wrong with FB page, it is totally vanished now even if it was called as Mahindra's official page initially
aravind BS is offline  
Old 5th August 2011, 16:39   #1247
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,429 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind BS View Post
Something was really wrong with FB page, it is totally vanished now even if it was called as Mahindra's official page initially
It didn't look to me like an official page. It had just 3 likes and didn't carry the way an official website should have been.
swiftnfurious is online now  
Old 8th August 2011, 12:50   #1248
BHPian
 
Mark 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 9 Times
Exclamation W201 SUV likely launch on Sept 26!

Here's some good news.

Mahindra's long awaited (and discussed!) new SUV W201 is expected to be launched by Sept. 26.

Autocar India's article on this news can be found here:

W201 SUV likely launch on Sept 26 | Autocar India

Some Pictures:

P.S: Mods, I don't whether a similar thread on this topic exists, if yes then kindly merge this thread with it. Thanks.
Attached Images
    
Mark 5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 19:20   #1249
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

The Mahindra W201 tested at Mount-Poonamallee High rd in Chennai.

PS: Mods, not sure if this is the right thread! if not pls remove or change it. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-img00344201108081624.jpg  

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-img00345201108081624.jpg  

Attached Images
 
PravEmm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 19:38   #1250
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default Re: W201 SUV likely launch on Sept 26!

good news indeed
would love to see the beast in this final launch iteration version!
its success in this market place largely depends on the overall pricing strategy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 5 View Post
Here's some good news.

Mahindra's long awaited (and discussed!) new SUV W201 is expected to be launched by Sept. 26.

Autocar India's article on this news can be found here:

W201 SUV likely launch on Sept 26 | Autocar India

Some Pictures:

P.S: Mods, I don't whether a similar thread on this topic exists, if yes then kindly merge this thread with it. Thanks.
shankar.balan is offline  
Old 10th August 2011, 11:40   #1251
BHPian
 
Mark 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PravEmm View Post
The Mahindra W201 tested at Mount-Poonamallee High rd in Chennai.

PS: Mods, not sure if this is the right thread! if not pls remove or change it. Thanks.
Good find buddy!

I am sure that these scoop pictures are not available on any Indian site.

The W201 does look promising in this pictures and is sure to be a success if priced right!
Mark 5 is offline  
Old 15th August 2011, 18:57   #1252
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 136
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Saw this SUV today upclose while travelling from shirdi to mumbai. Infact I had to take a u turrn to come back and see this car. It was parked at a non descript dhaba along the nh3. I was told not to take pictures, but I was allowed to see the interiors, exteriors at ease. The car looks great with its double barrel headlights, projector lamp and LED repeaters. The interiors with plum and beige colours, looked awesome. The seats had leather. However I couldn't find any button for 4x4.
shivmarwaha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 19:31   #1253
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,429 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PravEmm View Post
The Mahindra W201 tested at Mount-Poonamallee High rd in Chennai.

PS: Mods, not sure if this is the right thread! if not pls remove or change it. Thanks.
Good find !

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Saw this SUV today upclose while travelling from shirdi to mumbai. Infact I had to take a u turrn to come back and see this car. It was parked at a non descript dhaba along the nh3. I was told not to take pictures, but I was allowed to see the interiors, exteriors at ease. The car looks great with its double barrel headlights, projector lamp and LED repeaters. The interiors with plum and beige colours, looked awesome. The seats had leather. However I couldn't find any button for 4x4.
That's superb !

1. The quality is OK too for a 15-16L car?
2. Did you get to sit inside and check the space in the front & back ?
3. Could you compare the size of this SUV to something else so that we get a clear hang of it [like Captiva / Fortuner, Pajero etc]?
4. Any hint on some special features [first in the segment kinds] or visible feature list in the car?
5. Also is it a 5 seater / 7 seater?

I know its a LOAD of questions, but could not resist posting all these.

And regarding the 4x4 option, I guess initially they will only have a 4x2 front wheel driven option and a 4x4 option might come in later. Probably this is for controlling the "price" impression.
swiftnfurious is online now  
Old 16th August 2011, 07:30   #1254
mxx
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 682
Thanked: 101 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

To those who have seen this car, is this a 5 or 7 seater?
mxx is offline  
Old 16th August 2011, 09:00   #1255
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

front = driver + passenger, middle = meant for 3 passengers , last row = 2 smaller people.

last row removable to create large luggage bay.




Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
To those who have seen this car, is this a 5 or 7 seater?
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 11:45   #1256
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

This seems to a great car... I am waiting to replace my ageing Innova & this seems to be a good option. I am waiting for it's launch...
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 16th August 2011, 12:37   #1257
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 136
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Good find !



That's superb !

1. The quality is OK too for a 15-16L car?
2. Did you get to sit inside and check the space in the front & back ?
3. Could you compare the size of this SUV to something else so that we get a clear hang of it [like Captiva / Fortuner, Pajero etc]?
4. Any hint on some special features [first in the segment kinds] or visible feature list in the car?
5. Also is it a 5 seater / 7 seater?

I know its a LOAD of questions, but could not resist posting all these.

And regarding the 4x4 option, I guess initially they will only have a 4x2 front wheel driven option and a 4x4 option might come in later. Probably this is for controlling the "price" impression.

1. Quality looked good, especially plastics and upholstery. 14-15 lakhs type, is very subjective. Maybe not. Grand vitara looks more plush

2. didn't sit inside, but it definitely looked spacious. Seats looked very comfortable

3. Size is somewhere between GV and Captiva in lenght, HT and width more like GV

4.IP Cluster looked well integrated. Funny circles in speedo / rpm meters, some digital gimmickry or MID

5. 5+2 seater, if that answers your question. Last two seats, ok they are there.
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 12:42   #1258
BHPian
 
DieselAddikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 446
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Seems like it is getting better and better with every picture TeamBHPians click. This SUV is sure going in the right direction. Hope they price it well too. If the interior quality is also good, then we really have an Indian car which is at par with any other. (Aria is one for sure.)

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 16th August 2011 at 12:44.
DieselAddikt is offline  
Old 16th August 2011, 19:57   #1259
BHPian
 
designersf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 602
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
1. Quality looked good, especially plastics and upholstery. 14-15 lakhs type, is very subjective. Maybe not. Grand vitara looks more plush

2. didn't sit inside, but it definitely looked spacious. Seats looked very comfortable

3. Size is somewhere between GV and Captiva in lenght, HT and width more like GV

4.IP Cluster looked well integrated. Funny circles in speedo / rpm meters, some digital gimmickry or MID

5. 5+2 seater, if that answers your question. Last two seats, ok they are there.
Did you just say that the Vitara's interiors looked more plush!!? I expected more from M&M and hope this statement of yours is wrong
designersf is offline  
Old 16th August 2011, 20:02   #1260
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 136
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Probably these were test mules, hence the 'un-plush' insides. I hope too that it is plush when launched. But I guess mahindra has to leave its mark somewhere, interiors being their signature style ala thar. No just kidding. It is miles ahead of aria
shivmarwaha is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs Aditya The Indian Car Scene 1171 28th October 2015 11:35
M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 165 11th March 2015 10:45
Mahindra recalls XUV500 from 2011-2012 batch for replacement of certain parts SDP The Indian Car Scene 65 9th June 2013 18:03
Team-BHP Car of the Year 2011. EDIT : Mahindra XUV500 it is!! GTO The Indian Car Scene 447 16th February 2012 11:36
VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5 Abhi_Automobile The Indian Car Scene 133 8th April 2011 18:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks