Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th March 2009, 17:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

One query. Do you guys verify two wheelers? Or do you help in locating them?
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 18:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veriCAR View Post
Hello all,

My name is Jayesh Jagasia, and I am one of the co-founders of veriCAR.
That definitely helps, for people to know that such a service exists. One of my friends is on the lookout for a used car in Mumbai, and I will definitely recommend Vericar!

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th March 2009 at 15:06. Reason: Hi, please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.
vineethvazhayil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 19:54   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
My 0.02- I personally feel this is a brilliant concept and long overdue in this market.The money spent for shortlisting 3 good cars verified in writing by Vericar is peanuts when you consider buying the wrong car could land you in serious financial trouble.
@Jayesh - Do you guys check the service records with the concerned car manufacturer and the insurance records for any accidental claims?IMO that would be a good addition ( if not already covered) to your own inspections.
All in all, a unique concept and one that I hope you guys are able to back it up with quality service.Godspeed to you and your team.
Service record checks, ownership, loan, accident history checks are all in the planning stage. Setting up each of these is a fairly lengthy process, and hence is taking its time. The other thing is that even when we offer this, we won't be able to offer it on-the-spot (as we do with our reports currently). In all probability, these will be part of a different service.

Thanks a lot for your wishes.

Jayesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
That definitely helps, for people to know that such a service exists. One of my friends is on the lookout for a used car in Mumbai, and I will definitely recommend Vericar!
Thanks a lot. Right now, that's one challenge we're facing - to get people to know that we exist. We're a bootstrapping startup, so can't exactly afford hoardings in Bandra

Do talk about us, it helps.

Thanks,

Jayesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
One query. Do you guys verify two wheelers? Or do you help in locating them?
Hello, we do not do two-wheelers at this stage.

Jayesh.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th March 2009 at 21:15. Reason: back to back posts
veriCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 10:53   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jayesh, your spirit & attitude are encouraging. I wish vericar the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veriCAR View Post
Thanks a lot. Right now, that's one challenge we're facing - to get people to know that we exist. We're a bootstrapping startup, so can't exactly afford hoardings in Bandra
A consistent level of high-quality services will do the needful. Nothing works like word of mouth in India.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 20:31   #35
BHPian

Seems to be a really good concept, the only drawback currently as far as I can see being the lack of ownership/service history checks. The competitors like truevalue from maruti etc do that job for the buyer as well.
Sure their cars are pricier, but they offer more of what is your USP-peace of mind.

IMO, you should take care of that ASAP and you should be good to grow
d3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 19:48   #36
BHPian

Hi Jayesh,

I'd stumbled onto Vericar back in 2008 when one of your seniors pointed me to it - a lot of guys from the K 07 batch are good friends. Thought it was a great idea back then but always questioned a lot about the "business" side of things. I totally see your side of things though, and all I can say is: All the very best for this! Takes a lot to take off on your own.

Hi Raul,

Is the hunt over? How close are you to getting the OHC of your dreams?

Cheers!
Payne
d_payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 21:22   #37

Default Bought an Elantra

It was close to six months since i was looking for a used car, but was never able to zero in on a single car due to various factors. initially i was confused between optra and elantra my mind always said optra and heart said elantra. Due to frequent travels in the meantime i lost a few good deals because of the lack of confidence on the car in certain deals and thats precisely what Vericar did finally enabled me with the confidence. I am technically not so well informed about cars, could check a few things here and there but not even a miniscule ratio of what Vericar did.

I shortlisted this elantra and then called up jayesh to help me evaluate the car, there team walked in and checked the car with such comprehension and precision that even the car dealer selling the car was surprised. They spent almost an hour and a half scanning and driving the car and in the end generated a multi point check report and ratings for various components. In the end they gave my car a rating and suggested a probable value for tha car.

After this hour long exercise i must say i was so much at peace that i could go ahead and blindly close the deal. I was transaparently informed about all the Pros and Cons and at no point they discussed any issues with the dealer.

I would rate Vericar above True Value and First Choice etc in terms of checks because the motive is not to sell the car but only to evaluate it. Others are dealers they still want to sell that car despite of the warranty ( involves list of T&C) their checks can get shady as they want to make profits on the car.

To end this long saga i would like to only add that Jayesh is extremely helpful and corteous and must say he goes out of the way to get the job done and the intent to help is apparent all times.
zmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 12:26   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great to hear of your positive experience. The challenge for Vericar will be to maintain this level of service quality as the growth comes in. Either ways, surely a decent option for those used car buyers who are unfamiliar with cars.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:13   #39
BANNED

vericar@Jayesh, congratulations on setting up such a superb idea of used car informative process you guys take.Mouth to mouth works much more then hoardings which i sure will be seen in near future too.Just make sure you maintain the quality you assured of what you started for.Cause thats what talks from person to person.CHEERS!
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 09:23   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I hear that Vericar has stopped its services. Is this true? Such a business would be a logistical nightmare, yet I was hopeful of them making it.
Old 24th September 2010, 15:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

yeah, GTO, I think they had stopped their services long time back.

It was mentioned somewhere I remember.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 16:34   #42
BHPian

Default Re: Anyone used Vericar for second hand car verification ?

But their website still works... veriCAR | USED-CAR EXPERTS
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 13:09   #43
BHPian

One of the co-founders, Kartikeya Singhee has joined CNBC/TV-18 as the web editor for automobiles.
kanuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 14:01   #44
BHPian

Guys,

I had talked to Jayesh some time back (more than 6-8 months ago) and he said that they have stopped giving any more services. This is unfortunate as there is a dire need for somebody to search out quality used samples from the market.

However, his point was valid. He said that there just isn't enough margin in it. However, I pay tribute to a genuine venture attempt. I wish them luck for their future endevours.
Abhi_Automobile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 21:21   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Shucks! Not happy to hear that, but not surprised either. Running such an operation with negligible staff members and on a very local scale was always going to be difficult. I was happy to see some positive reviews about them, as naive used car buyers can use all the help they get.

Also, as I posted earlier, turning it into a sustainable business would pose its own logistical challenges....challenges that can only be met with deep pockets (VC funding or a larger group looking over). Then, there's the question of alternatives:

- Certified used cars that come with manufacturer backing

- Getting your car checked up professionally at an authorised outlet (something I highly recommend)

- Paying your local mechanic a coupla hundred bucks for a check up. If you know of a good independent garage, this option could actually work out better than an authorised dealer checkup.