Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd April 2013, 09:35   #1501
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
... this means at least 100 Skoda sales were reduced due to this one thread. This is only counting the number of people who posted here. there could be many more who are buying some other make just by reading this thread.
Nice analysis and I think the damage is at least as much if not more from this single thread. Any wonder that Skoda has not been able make much dent in the industry, in terms of market share, despite a 12 year presence and a plethora of brands.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:56   #1502
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

I have complete appreciation for the way Harish is taking this forward. It needs immense patience to go through this ordeal. And I believe he has managed some amount of success here with the closing down of the tainted dealership (not sure if they have resurfaced in another name).

Skoda did make a mistake by supporting the dealer then, but at this point who is the culprit here in dragging the case – Skoda or the Judiciary? I believe it’s the latter.

Irrespective of the manufacturer, I believe the situation would have been the same if the case goes to court. The whole process is so painfully slow. Infact I believe nowadays the social media (e.g.; Facebook) have more power than our judiciary to force a closure on these malpractices.

Last edited by vb-san : 23rd April 2013 at 09:57.
vb-san is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:20   #1503
BHPian

Harish, considering the average car ownership of an Indian is 5 years and for last 5 years you are fighting a righteous war for justice, keep on fighting and the whole team bhp family is with you.

On my little support to you, I have not considered Skoda Fabia for my Dad's next car.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:25   #1504
BHPian

I actively dissuade people from going anywhere near the entire VW group. A friend of mine, given his fascination with "German Engineering", still went in for a diesel Vento. He is now cursing the dealer for pathetic service response etc.

Buyer beware!!
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:51   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Sridhar the problem is not with German engineering but in the practices, shortcuts and arrogance shown by those appointed here by the Germans
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 12:27   #1506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
On my little support to you, I have not considered Skoda Fabia for my Dad's next car.
I am in same boat as you, and have made similar decision wrt Harish's experience with Skoda. Have narrowed down choice to Punto or i20.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 13:03   #1507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Sridhar the problem is not with German engineering but in the practices, shortcuts and arrogance shown by those appointed here by the Germans
Agreed.
The main problem is that the average german manager has a chip on his shoulder & that rubs off to the dealers here who believe the can play high & mighty due to the german brand.

But when Hyundai & Maruti are managing to beat them in reliability, one questions the relevance of the particular technology for our conditions.

And the diesel engine of the Vento is so horrible that it is clear they are trying to pull a fast one.
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 15:10   #1508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Skoda did make a mistake by supporting the dealer then, but at this point who is the culprit here in dragging the case Skoda or the Judiciary? I believe its the latter.
You may be right about recent events, where the system has completely failed to provide the officers to even hear this case, however, please see the earlier part of the story, where, before a fully constituted tribunal, the case was adjourned due to non-appearance of one of the parties, or some other action by Skoda or its dealer.

There has never been a minute, since the beginning of this whole sad story, when Skoda could not have acted decently towards Harish, making full and proper settlement without any unreasonable demands. That, they have utterly failed to do. The system cannot be blamed for that failure.

Whilst I'd like to think so, of course I can't say that another manufacturer, for certain, would have acted differently, bu that does not, in way, mark Skoda's behaviour in this case as any less bad.

I'm a VW Polo owner
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 17:15   #1509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

I'm a VW Polo owner
I thought you drive a Swift...or its a recent addition to the garage?

Everytime this thread comes up, I expect to see some good news, but unfortunately this hasn't happened as yet. Makes us really wonder about the Skoda strategy in India.
Personally, I admire the Polo & absolutely love the Vento; both in white. Vento could have very well become my next car but of course, I would not like to wear the thorny shoes of dealing with Skoda/ VW ASC.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 23rd April 2013 at 17:20.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 18:10   #1510
BHPian

Harishji, what is the current status of your case? I really can't believe Skoda decided to drag this case on for so long. Skoda India isn't thinking properly i think, which sane company would fight its customers in such a dirty manner? Guess the company lost its marbles. You have wasted a gentleman's time. In USA, you would have been out of the country by now.

OT:

I ended up buying a figo last month, was considering Polo or the fabia. My cousins and his entire family has read this and they know what it is to be a Skoda owner. Thanks Skoda, my cash now went to a brand worth it. Also, unless you fix and clean up your act, no amount of clout or muscle power can increase your sales. Do what you must and help our friend right here. I myself have redirected 4 skoda superb buyers to other brands and countless others have chosen other brands after hearing from me, my friends and others. A political friend of mine changed his decision as well. Change your habits or lose the market. The damage is already done.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 23rd April 2013 at 18:13.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 20:14   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Isn't there a system through which you can go to a higher court or complain to, about the judges leaving you in a lurch?
Have been seeing seeing cases on the notice board which have been pending since the beginning of this century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
And I believe he has managed some amount of success here with the closing down of the tainted dealership (not sure if they have resurfaced in another name).
They had. I am not sure if they are still running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Harishji, what is the current status of your case?
There was no bench for almost like two years. Members of the Forum are finally appointed now. Saw the President during yesterday's date. Since only one member was present and the law requires at least two members to proceed, the case has been given a further date.

Also Skoda has still not filed its written arguments.

Last edited by harishv : 23rd April 2013 at 20:15.
harishv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 20:19   #1512
BHPian

Add me to the list of those who won't touch a VW group product. Are you listening, VW / Skoda??
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 20:31   #1513
Senior - BHPian

Keep it up Skoda, keep harassing people who trusted you and bought your car. Harish's thread will ensure that you dont get an opportunity to loot and cheat other innocent customers.

Harishv, hats off to you, and shame on our judiciary. Our judges really need to introspect about the sad plight of our legal system.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:54   #1514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I thought you drive a Swift...or its a recent addition to the garage?
The swift left and the polo arrived just over a year ago. I'd always wanted a VW! I can very frankly say, too, that had my budget extended a little further, the Yeti could have tempted me a lot.

VAG cars... Yeah, I know: I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 09:56   #1515
BHPian

Angry Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The swift left and the polo arrived just over a year ago. I'd always wanted a VW! I can very frankly say, too, that had my budget extended a little further, the Yeti could have tempted me a lot.

VAG cars... Yeah, I know: I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Thad sir, i know this is decision you took willingly, whereas in my case, i decided against VAG since Skoda is being such a pain, why should customers go to court for getting their rights? Is it not the company's responsibility to ensure that the customer leaves with a smile everytime? I didn't want to get into this predicament and do not want to try my luck with a VAG product ever.
Arch-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote