Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th September 2013, 15:54   #1561
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Doc Maanava: Thanks a lot for putting up the issue with someone more responsible at Skoda. I am quoting just the relevant part of your post for putting across my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Maanava View Post
It is not them (Europeans) who are cheating us. It our own!
But that is the case with all the auto companies operating in India and not just a situation which is isolated to Skoda.

And if we believe them that all rotten people from here have somehow got into Skoda India and that is indeed the case, what have they done to correct it- except from looking at the option of packing their bags from the country? Why are they then aggressively selling the Rapid & not to forget the vehicles of VW if they are exploring the option to leave India? Who is responsible towards their customers of such expensive cars and who bears the brunt of the wrong doings of Skoda's authorised dealers? The poor guys who believed in Skoda and bought their cars with their hard earned money?

More than what they have to say, I feel, its more of a lethargic and irresponsible nature of the MNCs who take India as a country where they can play the game as per their will with no regard to the customers.

Last edited by saket77 : 24th September 2013 at 15:57.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2013, 16:09   #1562
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hey Doc

That is an awesome amount of support. Truly mind boggling. Thank you very much. Hope we can bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion.

Doc, this being a 5 year old issue, interest has waned on many platforms. Also there is nothing new to write about. Therefore I personally feel putting the issue up on facebook now would not help much.

I am definitely going to take you up on your offer to catch up with you when I am in Bangalore next. Same stands for you in Mumbai. My cell number is on the first post of this thread. Please text me yours.

Thank you once again for your overwhelming encouragement.

I heard this saying somewhere - it's never too late to start something new and it's never too early to stop something old.

point being - with the current grasp of social media in every person's life - I believe nothing wrong will come out of the FB page. let's try it.
I am sure atleast a couple of hundred TBHPians would join the page - which would mean atleast 100 people in their list would go through the article and within all possibilities would want to join. even if 25% of them do - we are talking HUGE numbers.

I really do appreciate your patience and your efforts to get justice. But also believe that today you need a lot of hue and cry to get the deaf start listening. and social media is just about the first stepping stone.

I for one am posting the link of this on my page and would request all the other TBHPians to do the same too
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2013, 16:20   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
I heard this saying somewhere - it's never too late to start something new and it's never too early to stop something old.
Thanx for the advice. I am game to go ahead if it helps.
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 10:30   #1564
BHPian

Hey harishv,

Let me begin by first congratulating you on your herculean effort, which is a rarity in Indian context.

I am relatively new to the community but not your issue. I came across the same some time back in 2010, when i started visiting the community as a guest.

While purchasing my first car back in 2011, i stayed clear of Skoda, did'nt even consider it as an option.

I have been able to convince people around me to stay away from the brand, whenever possible. Last one, was one of my colleagues, who ended up with a Hyundai Verna. I just shared with him the links of Skoda horror stories from Team-BHP .

But one has to agree that Skoda does have a lot of aces up it's sleeve across the segments in terms of products, be it Rapid, Laura, Superb or Yeti. It's the ASC and the officials which are letting it down.

Off late i have come across positive reviews about the company on the community, there are lot of members who have commented that Skoda is trying to improve. Some of them are owners as well and have positive things to say, what's your take on this ?
somitra1981 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 10:47   #1565
Senior - BHPian

Why is it that this thread gets active around the time of an important launch by Skoda? Just co-incidence???
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 11:11   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Why is it that this thread gets active around the time of an important launch by Skoda? Just co-incidence???
Logical explanation could be is that, IT is during major initiatives by Skoda, that many users are probably scrounging the forum for everything related to the brand. You cant deny that the popularity of this thread, probably pushes it right up on the search results as well.

In my opinion it should too...If Skoda wants to change its brand image, a good way to start is to address issues created by mis-management done by earlier ASS policies or diktak. This will have a more positive impact on their brand perception amongst car enthusiasts who form the population of forums like teamBHP.
click is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 13:06   #1567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not, but if the activation is timely then so much the better.

If this thread continues to be a thorn in skoda's flesh, then that is as it should be. Skoda can bring the whole thing to an end any minute they choose to do so.

Whatever they launch, and however brilliant the Yeti may be, it is right that we are reminded to think twice before buying.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 14:30   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
interesting observation. though it might not be intentional - i strongly recommend that this story should be published everywhere. and hit them where it would hurt them the most - failure of a new product.

i have posted it on my FB profile, and a lot of friends have followed suite. suggest all the bhpians to do the same too

the more people get to know the real values of the company - the lesser would be the value for money tag for their products.
samyakmodi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 16:40   #1569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
the more people get to know the real values of the company - the lesser would be the value for money tag for their products.
While I appreciate your extension of support towards harishv, as do I sympathise with him, the problem with that statement is that it is not only hurting Skoda but also us, the Skoda Owners. Especially people like me who have zero issues with their product and services. And this kind of regular publicity is diminishing the value of my car. And as a happy Skoda Customer I will keep on making rebuttals in the favour of my car to retain its value.

So as a responsible TeamBhp member you should also realise that this is also hurting some of your own team members.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 16:49   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Especially people like me who have zero issues with their product and services. And this kind of regular publicity is diminishing the value of my car. And as a happy Skoda Customer I will keep on making rebuttals in the favour of my car to retain its value.
If I had a zero issues car I will not worry about its diminishing value. That is a concern only before I purchase one and I do believe that Skoda did not have good resale value due to various other reasons.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 16:49   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
While I appreciate your extension of support towards harishv, as do I sympathise with him, the problem with that statement is that it is not only hurting Skoda but also us, the Skoda Owners. Especially people like me who have zero issues with their product and services. And this kind of regular publicity is diminishing the value of my car. And as a happy Skoda Customer I will keep on making rebuttals in the favour of my car to retain its value. So as a responsible TeamBhp member you should also realise that this is also hurting some of your own team members.
To be honest even I have a couple of lauras. One car is fine but the other one has had AC compressor problems always. They have changed it twice and still the problem hasn't been solved. And when I say they have changed it twice it means they have charged me for it. Each time.

Only because I have a Skoda doesn't mean I should endorse their high handedness in handling harish's issue. I agree that it might impact my car's value - but just imagine my friend - would you really be bothered about any one else's car's value had you been facing the problem like Harish from past five years?

Or should we start crying foul once we too face a problem like this? As a bhpian I feel it is wrong to leave a fellow bhpian to fight his own fight only because I haven't faced the problems yet.

I might be wrong here but I believe when a person is hard of hearing you have to raise your voice to reach him
samyakmodi is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 16:58   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
If I had a zero issues car I will not worry about its diminishing value.
Why would that be Sir? With such kind of negative publicity the brand value is taking a hit. You may be helping one person (harishv) but in the process you are hurting scores of other Teambhp'ians who are relatively happy with their Skoda cars.
Quote:
That is a concern only before I purchase one and I do believe that Skoda did not have good resale value due to various other reasons.
I do not believe or agree with that. Skoda makes wonderful cars. There might be some ASC issues which many have faced but then they are getting better with each passing day. Such kind of mass brand bashing is negatively impacting the resale for genuinely happy customers/Teambhp'ians.

Do give that a thought too..
Old 25th September 2013, 17:37   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There might be some ASC issues which many have faced but then they are getting better with each passing day. Such kind of mass brand bashing is negatively impacting the resale for genuinely happy customers/Teambhp'ians.

Do give that a thought too..
Actions speak louder than words. Indeed people will know of the improvement in ASC, if there are any, and that will improve the brand value too. I will definitely hope that they improve for benefit of their customers, if not for their sales.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 17:55   #1574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With such kind of negative publicity the brand value is taking a hit.
In my opinion, this hit is more than deserved. If Skoda itself is not interested in taking care of this issue, why would anyone else care about Skoda's brand image?

Skoda lost me as a customer precisely because of this thread. Otherwise, Rapid ticks lots of boxes for the car that I am looking to buy.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 18:11   #1575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
In my opinion, this hit is more than deserved.
Are you speaking from personal experience with Skoda, Sir? If not, then I always thought that the premise "Interest of the many takes precedence over the Interest of the Few".

Please use discretion while posting in this thread and do definitely post if you have something credible to add. Skoda bashing just for the sake of it is harming hundreds of your friends at TeamBhp Sir who are relatively happy Skoda Owners, and I am speaking on their behalf.

Last edited by dkaile : 25th September 2013 at 18:12.