Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th January 2014, 21:07   #1636
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Hi Harish,

I'm not sure if Skoda really cares about any mis-publicity. There are several such articles on team-bhp and other forums globally. I guess Skoda must be having some contract with some companies where they may be selling a fixed quantity each year and meeting their sales to such an extent they don't have to care for individual customers.
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 21:31   #1637
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
...Publicity about their misdeeds is the only solution.

Spend some money. Get some trailers, donkey carts, drivers, some banners - put these banners up on defunct cars and parade them around respective cities and at mega events...
If I may suggest, please get all of these guys and plan something of this sort at Skoda's next product launch venue / media TD venue etc please!! Some colorful donkeys pulling Skoda cars and drums beating at the background should be fun to watch for a lot of on-goers.

And continue doing at couple of places where Skoda will feel ashamed / scared to host a product launch event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
...I guess Skoda must be having some contract with some companies where they may be selling a fixed quantity each year and meeting their sales to such an extent they don't have to care for individual customers.
I do NOT think they can survive with just company contracts. First of all, these companies will get discounted prices where Skoda may NOT have enough profits. Any company will think twice if the products are NOT reliable and when they incur high maintenance bills.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th January 2014 at 21:36.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 14:14   #1638
BHPian

Completed 6 years now. Could I request the Moderators to change the title please.
harishv is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 01:50   #1639
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Completed 6 years now. Could I request the Moderators to change the title please.
6 years????!!!! What's the update?
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 09:21   #1640
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
6 years????!!!! What's the update?
I believe the same as before. Tariq pe tariq

Dates being allotted with an interval of a month or two.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 10:37   #1641
Distinguished - BHPian

Gosh!! This goes on and on and on! Have to appreciate your patience Harish! But I think these 6 years have given exponential damage to Skoda than the compensation they owe you! And am sure it will continue to haunt them!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 10:40   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Wow! 6 years is a really long time, why are the courts changing the dates? Because of clout or insufficient talking points?
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 11:06   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Wow! 6 years is a really long time, why are the courts changing the dates? Because of clout or insufficient talking points?
In my experience if the "tareek pe tareek" happens too frequently and is prolonged - it simply means that the judge is corrupt and your case is strong.

That is why the delay tactics (because the case - based on facts established will be clearly won by you), and judge not objecting to the delay tactics.

To be honest, the judiciary doesn't work in India and is as corrupt as police and other govt agencies (perhaps even more).

Last edited by alpha1 : 6th March 2014 at 11:07.
alpha1 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 11:09   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Harish, I don't have anything of value to add to your fight, but just so you know, the entity you are fighting is on it's way down!

Let's look at Skoda's share in the segments -
Rapid - Losing steam - 0.03%
Octavia - Losing steam - 0.03%
Yeti - Down and out - 0.025%
Superb - (Surprise! - must be new Superb shipments) - 10%
Overall - 0.62%

The only manufacturer you beat was Fiat - who sure will bounce back soon.

Good going Skoda! Keep paying your lawyers and soon our country will be free from you! Yay!!

I just have to forward the link to google search result of "skoda team bhp horror" and anyone considering a Skoda/VW happily switches over.
Dry Ice is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 15:25   #1645
BHPian

Nothing to add about the case.

For almost a couple of years there was no President on the Forum. Also Skoda and their dealers delayed as much as they could by not filing replies.

Nothing much can be done besides wait.

harishv is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 18:55   #1646
AMP

Harish, I really appreciate your effort in keeping this fight alive for 6 years. It is not easy to fight for justice for such a long time. In the closed rooms, Skoda is now definitely thinking why they have not compensate you in the beginning.
AMP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 08:41   #1647
Senior - BHPian

This note goes out to every company & not just the automobile manufacturing industry, but since Skoda takes reckless abandon to the concept of customer relations I am writing this here.

Whenever a customer is unhappy or makes an accusation that he/she has been shortchanged/treated unfairly, chances are 9 out of 10 times he/she is right. No customer wants to waste time of own/company fighting a fictitious complaint. Companies must be clever enough to avoid legal proceedings at all costs, for this gives them a negative shade. An example can be made of an American who went after a popular Korean phone manufacturers throat after his phone malfunctioned, and fired a cyber missive trying to dent sales. What did the company do? Certainly not a gag order but sent across a new phone immediately assuring its a one off case and the customer cooled off immediately.

Again people may say whats the cost of a phone and whats the cost of a new car. Well each company must be liable for what they make. Cost has no bearing in this. It's not easy to determine the sequence of events that leads to product trouble, atleast in the eyes of the law. But companies should understand that a customer will not look to gain anything unfairly, had Skoda personally communicated, intervened and met their customers half-way in all their disputes there would have been no problem today. No product is perfect & no policy is perfect, a company which understands that &
which trains employees to respond on a human level and not as executives sitting behind a designation, has truly won the race.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 13:18   #1648
Senior - BHPian

I cannot fathom that why does a company like Skoda not say 'I am sorry, the service station goofed up, here is a brand new Octavia, as compensation all the services are free till 1 lakh kilometers, insurance too for 5 years and we will make sure this never happens to any customer, sorry for the inconvenience'

This would make headlines, change the way people look at Skoda and all the more generate more sales.

What do they have to lose ? A new Octavia, couple of lakhs in service and insurance to Harish. Don't they already spend millions in adverts and campaigns, this is just a paltry added cost to them instead of all the negative publicity they are getting because of this case. I can see already a couple of hundred Skodas being canceled here right on team-bhp because of this case along with the hundreds of Skoda bad service threads.

Skoda has come to India to do business or act like a thug ? I sincerely hope, no one buys a Skoda and the company shuts down or they get their act straight.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 13:47   #1649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I cannot fathom that why does a company like Skoda not say 'I am sorry, the service station goofed up, here is a brand new Octavia, as compensation all the services are free till 1 lakh kilometers, insurance too for 5 years and we will make sure this never happens to any customer, sorry for the inconvenience'
Too much to expect.

However, how true. They don't really realize that how much more they can achieve just by unplugging their ears. (or how much they can still lose if they continue to keep them plugged!) They have already made it almost to the bottom of the numbers list.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 16:00   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing to add about the case.

For almost a couple of years there was no President on the Forum. Also Skoda and their dealers delayed as much as they could by not filing replies.

Nothing much can be done besides wait.

Will courts not treat this as contempt? How can they let someone get away so easily?

And Skoda are the one of the few guys who are not passing any benefit of the excise duty cut in their Octavia range and a small discount in Superb / Rapid / Yeti.

The more I think of them, more my aura around the brand (personal) comes down.
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote