Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th March 2014, 17:16   #1651
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I cannot fathom that why does a company like Skoda not say 'I am sorry, the service station goofed up, here is a brand new Octavia, as compensation all the services are free till 1 lakh kilometers, insurance too for 5 years and we will make sure this never happens to any customer, sorry for the inconvenience'
Come on Skoda, you can do this bit. Own up your mistake, and start walking the first step towards customer issues' remediation.

I came close to buying Rapid, but the feedback on Team-BHP made be go the other way. A single act of owning up the mistake and bringing this issue to an end will definitely help Skoda's cause. At least they will show an intent to help.
rdhawan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 19:30   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post

For almost a couple of years there was no President on the Forum. Also Skoda and their dealers delayed as much as they could by not filing replies.

Any possibility you could take this up with the Supreme Court?

No president for two years is justice denied and I think you could make a case out of it.

I am not a lawyer, by, just a suggestion. Looking at the current state of activism in the judiciary who knows! You might actually get justice and still live to tell the tale!
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 20:30   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Too much to expect.

However, how true. They don't really realize that how much more they can achieve just by unplugging their ears. (or how much they can still lose if they continue to keep them plugged!) They have already made it almost to the bottom of the numbers list.
This is what happens when an 'egoistic' Indians in the company run the show. Meghna Choksi came on this forum and threatened users and team-bhp with a law suit, can you imagine that happening with a Maruti or a Hyundai ?

Forget buying a Skoda, I would not want to test drive one too.

Just saw the teambhp analysis, 1315 people brought a Skoda in Feb 2014. Until this comes down to 10 and 12 per month, these guys will not improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
Come on Skoda, you can do this bit. Own up your mistake, and start walking the first step towards customer issues' remediation.

I came close to buying Rapid, but the feedback on Team-BHP made be go the other way. A single act of owning up the mistake and bringing this issue to an end will definitely help Skoda's cause. At least they will show an intent to help.
Saved by a whisker my friend.
humyum is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 08:44   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Keep paying your lawyers
If their lawyers own Skoda cars, there is a high chance that the company is recovering a great chunk of their legal fees through the service station.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 09:17   #1655
Distinguished - BHPian

The lawyers are probably driven around in Mercs ...or drive M800s!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 17:46   #1656
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Quote:
Although it is a strategic thing to do, I have never bumped up this thread during a Skoda launch.

I was travelling hence the delayed response to the last few posts.

For information, I would like to present some statements made by Skoda in court. These are written statements. God forbid, if any of you were to have an adverse situation with a Skoda dealer or land in a predicament similar to mine – this is what you can expect from Skoda.

Harish,

Having gone through your post earlier, I have a few queries/suggestions to make.

1. the response the Skoda Lawyers doesn't seem too strong to stand the scrutiny of your lawyers.

Like you have written that the relationship between Skoda and nummer eins was principal to principal, but still, day to day communications and support and instructions provided by Skoad to dealer cannot be hidden, and can be used to establish that the dealer was acting on the behest of Skoda. Furhter, did you not make skoda a party to the case? It doesn't seem to be so going by your posts.

2. Mr. Dee ( JMD manager ) forwarded the mail (vehicle inspection report) to Harish Kanchan on the strength of his representation that he will provide Mr. Dee with better career opportunities and higher monetary compensation. Mr. Dee further informed me that the said mail was forwarded to Harish Kanchan on his assurance that he requires the said document for his understanding that he will not forward the same to any external person or use the information for any legal proceeding.

The response of Skoda will be enough to establish the malafide intention of skoda along with the dealer.

3. Harish Kanchan has filed the above complaint with ulterior motives and malafide intentions to knock out handsome ransom from the opposite parties.

Fairly easy to establish that no person with a sane mind would run around courts/fora just to extract money, with even the bsis of complaint with the dealer.

4. Harish Kanchan never visited Aurangabad.

I do not understand wow does it affect the case?

5. Skoda denies that Mr. Ramakrishna Surabhi, after inspection has confirmed that many of the original parts have been replaced with spurious parts.

They intend to prolong the ase, since you will now have to provide the court with evidence, which wil take time, and put you back in the hands of skoda (as they might have perceived).

6. Skoda denies that Harish Kanchan has sent his car to JMD Auto for repairs and all the duplicate parts were replaced at the instance of Mr. Sudhir Srinivas.

Very easy to establish.

7. Skoda denies that Mr. Sudhir Srinivas agreed and accepted the replacement to be free of cost.

Again, onus has been shifted to you.

8. There is no question of Skoda replacing the said parts and/or reimbursing the cost of replacing the said parts, as sought to be suggested by Harish Kanchan.

Same story here.

There are many more denials and ‘we are unaware’ statements.

Standard response from lawyers.

I think they are up to delaying the adverse judgement that they have given into. Wish you luck. I think you are not away from a decision in your favour.
deepfusion is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 18:10   #1657
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Harish,

Did you not make skoda a party to the case? It doesn't seem to be so going by your posts.
Skoda is a party in the case along with both the dealers.

Quote:
. Mr. Dee ( JMD manager ) forwarded the mail (vehicle inspection report) to Harish Kanchan on the strength of his representation that he will provide Mr. Dee with better career opportunities and higher monetary compensation. Mr. Dee further informed me that the said mail was forwarded to Harish Kanchan on his assurance that he requires the said document for his understanding that he will not forward the same to any external person or use the information for any legal proceeding.

The response of Skoda will be enough to establish the malafide intention of skoda along with the dealer.
Stupid statement this. Have admitted the existence and the veracity of the vehicle inspection report themselves.

Quote:
Skoda denies that Harish Kanchan has sent his car to JMD Auto for repairs and all the duplicate parts were replaced at the instance of Mr. Sudhir Srinivas.

Very easy to establish.
Yes it is.

Quote:
Skoda denies that Mr. Sudhir Srinivas agreed and accepted the replacement to be free of cost.

There is no question of Skoda replacing the said parts and/or reimbursing the cost of replacing the said parts, as sought to be suggested by Harish Kanchan.

Same story here.
Easy to prove. I have it on paper.

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st March 2014 at 15:56. Reason: Fixing quote tags
harishv is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 10:33   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Harish,

Did you not make skoda a party to the case? It doesn't seem to be so going by your posts.
Skoda is a party in the case along with both the dealers.

Quote:
. Mr. Dee ( JMD manager ) forwarded the mail (vehicle inspection report) to Harish Kanchan on the strength of his representation that he will provide Mr. Dee with better career opportunities and higher monetary compensation. Mr. Dee further informed me that the said mail was forwarded to Harish Kanchan on his assurance that he requires the said document for his understanding that he will not forward the same to any external person or use the information for any legal proceeding.

Stupid statement this. Have admitted the existence and the veracity of the vehicle inspection report themselves.

Quote:
Skoda denies that Harish Kanchan has sent his car to JMD Auto for repairs and all the duplicate parts were replaced at the instance of Mr. Sudhir Srinivas.

Very easy to establish.
Yes it is.

Quote:
Skoda denies that Mr. Sudhir Srinivas agreed and accepted the replacement to be free of cost.

There is no question of Skoda replacing the said parts and/or reimbursing the cost of replacing the said parts, as sought to be suggested by Harish Kanchan.

Same story here.
Easy to prove. I have it on paper.
I wish you the best of luck.

Please take note of the fact that these MNCs go in for BIG LAW FIRMS.

I am saying this because these law firms have scant regard for the issue at hand but are in for earning their hourly fees, most of the times, and in the absence of a sane head in the legal team of the company, this is what they do.

This is very apparent from the reply they have filed in the court.

It would take just a bit of effort and preparation to bring these fellows to their knees.

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st March 2014 at 15:56. Reason: Fixing quote tags
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 12:09   #1659
BHPian

Finally Skoda files its written arguments, 3 years after i filed mine.

I had filed in 2011.
harishv is offline   (24) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 12:40   #1660
Senior - BHPian

I hope they are penalized just for this. It's an abuse of justice.
honeybee is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 12:56   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Must be one hell of a well-thought out argument since it's been so long in the making.

On a serious note, hope this means things are moving along now, although it must be said that it certainly can't move any slower than this. Kudos to you for staying in there and I hope like hell that you make Skoda pay for this travesty of justice.
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 15:03   #1662
BHPian

I referred a couple of friends to tbhp to check out Skoda threads. They were especially horrified by this thread and have scrapped plans to buy any vehicle from VW/Skoda.
drsingh is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 08:31   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Finally Skoda files its written arguments, 3 years after i filed mine.

I had filed in 2011.
Finally, one step forward, Harish.

The same with our case against the bank. Awaiting final hearing for the last 3 years. Sadly dad is no more, to see the fruits of his labour and turmoil. Three petitions for an early hearing were dismissed by the Consumer Court citing lack of judges.

Justice definitely is not served. Hope you get what you rightfully deserve and that Skoda definitely get something shoved up where it hurts!
discoverwild is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 10:55   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
The only manufacturer you beat was Fiat - who sure will bounce back soon.
And they have done it.
Skoda is now the manufacturer with the least market share in India.

All the best harish.
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 07:34   #1665
Distinguished - BHPian

Time delaying and stalling tricks again and raising frivolous issues.

@harishv As I recall and understand this is appeal against original order in your favour. Then should not only question of law be allowed to be raised rather than evidentiary issues??? The onus of proof either way gets disposed off only in the first court of law. AFAIK.

But larger issues is still irresponsibility of SKODA brand in dealing with customers and for that this thread needs to be made consumer rights reference.

As I have stated earlier (and similarly other have said) SKODA is off my list however tempting the product offering and schemes are. New or pre-owned. And my constant advise to all who seek my opinion.
sudev is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote